Dr Dude and Firepower Announced for February!

Clawhammer

Nov 1, 2012
This duo doesnt follow the Attack From Mars / Genie combo all that great. But I'll buy, hopefully Farsight will follow this lineup with something better, there have been quite a few great fan requests that havent been filled yet and while Dr Dude and Firepower have been mentioned, they're not the names I see come up most. That said, I'm so happy with the Attack / Genie combo that I should really just shut up about my complaining. yep, i'll do that now.

This. Firepower is a classic, but it's lack of depth needs to be paired with an A-list game IMO. Dr. Dude is entertaining early Dennis Nordman fare, but it's not fantastic. I guess anything would be upstaged following TZ, STTNG, and AFM/Genie.

Can't wait for CENTAUR!

Jutter

Dec 30, 2012
Those sounds from Firepower... like a robot-kid who got a laser-toy-gun for his birthday, and is playing outside with it for the first time.
TshooTshooTshoo TshooTshooTshoo TshooTshooTshooTshooTshooTshooTshooTshooTshoo TSHOOMM!!!!
Loving it! Bring it on.

I'm so going to play the snot out of this one once it hit's the PlayStore.

Last edited:

DrainoBraino

Apr 11, 2012
I play Dr Dude bout twice a week. They got one at the laundromat down the road. Really fun table with awesome sounds and voice clips. I will def be getting this for my phone.

"My life was dull my life was drab
until I acquired the gift of gab
always be excellent, never be rude,
the gift of gab... from Dr. Dude!"

Love that

Last edited:

Jutter

Dec 30, 2012
Reverse those.
+2

This table smells like teenage spirit. It's raw... fast... grunchy. And those over the top hyperactive lasergun sounds. The sounds of this machine add to the excitement as much as the fast and furious gameplay does.

Lord Boron

Apr 18, 2012
Never played Dr Dude, but Looking forward to it. Love getting tables I'm not familiar with. I am familiar with Firepower, and it love it.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
We have System 11 working in emulation so Taxi, Elvira, Dr Dude (and in the future Pin*Bot and Whirlwind) are all emulated.

Genie is scripted, but we redid the scripting since have a table here...and there were mistakes on the gottlieb collection. When we did the Gottlieb Collection the staff went to Las Vegas and took notes on the tables, then came back and made them. We didnt have them locally in the office so there were things we ended up missing.

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
Guess I need to play Elvira and Taxi tonight to see if I can taste the difference then!

I already knew stuff like this was being worked on, but you know, it's nice to have confirmation to still the voices of the pessimists!

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
We have System 11 working in emulation so Taxi, Elvira, Dr Dude (and in the future Pin*Bot and Whirlwind) are all emulated.

...and eventually High Speed, Earthshaker, F-14 Tomcat, Cyclone, Diner, Banzai Run, Black Knight 2000, Swords of Fury, Bad Cats... right? Right!?

Gonna run out of PHOF tables eventually, and there's a treasure trove of System 11 games out there!

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
...and eventually High Speed, Earthshaker, F-14 Tomcat, Cyclone, Diner, Banzai Run, Black Knight 2000, Swords of Fury, Bad Cats... right? Right!?

Gonna run out of PHOF tables eventually, and there's a treasure trove of System 11 games out there!

We can hope to get most, if not all, of these. After all, Farsight took the time to emulate System 11 so I'd expect more than just a few of the tables that use it.

pseudokings

Jun 10, 2012
...Underwhelmed. I'm gonna have to be a voice of descent here and say that Firepower is dreadfully dull to me. I didn't "grow up" playing it, I attach no nostalgia to it (or any table, I play pinball because I love pinball, not because it makes me feel warm and fuzzy about the past), and while it may have a place of note in pinball history... it just does nothing for me to play. And it's much less visually appealing than Centaur or Sorcerer (which damn well better be included in TPA if they're going to force Firepower on us). Also, not all that impressed with this as the first pack without a DMD table. Seems to me they could/should have at least had a stronger 'headliner' in that scenario. Dr. Dude looks pretty cool, but it's not particularly highly rated, and with Cactus Canyon, Champion Pub and others known to be coming, I find this kinda baffling as a pack. I knew with Firepower in WPHOF that it would be in TPA someday, but they should have treated it like Big Shot and put it with a table that everyone was really psyched for. Hopefully Dr. Dude really impresses, more than I expect it too. Looks pretty likely to out-do Taxi and Harley for the least loved pack. ...Wonder if I'll be able to buy Dr. Dude ala carte in the Wii U version and save a couple bucks... who knows at this point, what with the total lack of details coming forth on the Wii U version.

Anyway, still love TPA, but I just really don't see why so many love Firepower, and why FS thought Dr. Dude & Firepower would be a smart combo. ...And why they're so quiet about the Wii U version still.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
...Underwhelmed. I'm gonna have to be a voice of descent here and say that Firepower is dreadfully dull to me. I didn't "grow up" playing it, I attach no nostalgia to it (or any table, I play pinball because I love pinball, not because it makes me feel warm and fuzzy about the past), and while it may have a place of note in pinball history... it just does nothing for me to play. And it's much less visually appealing than Centaur or Sorcerer (which damn well better be included in TPA if they're going to force Firepower on us). Also, not all that impressed with this as the first pack without a DMD table. Seems to me they could/should have at least had a stronger 'headliner' in that scenario. Dr. Dude looks pretty cool, but it's not particularly highly rated, and with Cactus Canyon, Champion Pub and others known to be coming, I find this kinda baffling as a pack. I knew with Firepower in WPHOF that it would be in TPA someday, but they should have treated it like Big Shot and put it with a table that everyone was really psyched for. Hopefully Dr. Dude really impresses, more than I expect it too. Looks pretty likely to out-do Taxi and Harley for the least loved pack. ...Wonder if I'll be able to buy Dr. Dude ala carte in the Wii U version and save a couple bucks... who knows at this point, what with the total lack of details coming forth on the Wii U version.

Anyway, still love TPA, but I just really don't see why so many love Firepower, and why FS thought Dr. Dude & Firepower would be a smart combo. ...And why they're so quiet about the Wii U version still.

While I respect everyone's opinion on the tables they prefer over others, I don't see why assumptions are made of why some of us like certain tables. I happen to like Firepower and not because of nostalgia or the historical significance it had in the history of pinball, but because it happens to be a great table IMO and I find nothing dull about it.

Also, as good as Attack from Mars is, many people have openly admitted to actually playing Genie more than Attack from Mars, so one cannot assume what tables everyone would or wouldn't be psyched for.

My point is, everyone needs to post their own opinions about certain tables and not clump "everyone" into posts on their opinions about certain tables because we all have our own tastes in tables and I don't think one group's favorite tables should be prioritize over another group's favorite tables.

By the way, I love playing pinball and will buy every table FarSight releases. I still play both real world pinball and digital pinball on a regular basis and will do so for as long as I'm able to.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.