Dumb Question but what is TPA ?

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
Please forgive me for not knowing what this is. What is TPA ? Alls i know is i have all the iOS versions of the tables that seem to be done by farsight if i have this correct.

Robert Hunt

Dec 2, 2012
Yep. It was two quick days of amazing pinball at the PHoF and their annex at the Riviera, then LAS to IAH (Houston) on a 757 and IAH to TPA on a 737. The only problem was I didn't get enough pinball.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I thought that the OP's question of what TPA is was interesting. Sometimes we throw acronyms and initializations around without thinking about it. It is clear to me everyday because I have a brain fog when it comes to acronyms and initializations. When I see NGG, CC, CV, CP, etc, I just see a jumble of letters but can't think what table it is. Some of them I've seen now for so long that I do know the table. When I see TotAN I now know its that table with the blue genie but my brain refuses to draw a line from the initials that I read to the name that I know. Its not an intelligence thing. I have an IQ in the genius range but its like I have a specific brainagraphical handicap. I also can't see those Captcha things that you sometimes have to type in to join a forum or comment on a web page to prove that you are not a bot. I have to give those to my wife to fill in or hit the speaker icon to have it say the Captcha.

After I figured out what TPA is I would get tripped up by some posters who would refer to The Pinball Arcade as PBA and all I could ever think of was "Professional Bowling Association"? One day I told this to my daughter and she said "Pin Ball Arcade, Dad!" Ohhhhhh! Nice to know she didn't inherit my brainagraphical handicap! :D

Squid

Senior Creature
Mar 22, 2012
Sgt. Squid, that's who. Now drop and give me 50, private!

(I haven't said sh..tuff like this in a long time. My apologies.)

Last edited:

Wigoutboy

Sep 5, 2012
Please forgive me for not knowing what this is. What is TPA ? Alls i know is i have all the iOS versions of the tables that seem to be done by farsight if i have this correct.

North Americans tend to use lots of acronyms. An acronym is an abbreviation formed from the initial components in a phrase or a word. So, you have to figure out what a specific acronym means based on context. And yes TPA means the pinball arcade.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I wouldnt rrust iq scores man mine was 136

I don't put a lot of stock in it. I was just trying to be preemptive in defending my intelligence after proclaiming that I have trouble deciphering acronyms and initializations.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
North Americans tend to use lots of acronyms. An acronym is an abbreviation formed from the initial components in a phrase or a word. So, you have to figure out what a specific acronym means based on context. And yes TPA means the pinball arcade.

When I was a kid we were taught that acronyms were words formed by the first letter of the full words of the subject such as SCUBA. Others like FBI that you just said each letter were initializations. But I see that according to Wikipedia that they're all acronyms.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts