Dumb thing I noticed

Nesbro

Jul 18, 2014
So obviously we all know that the legal agreements for the table rights in TPA prevent Farsight from having modified tables. But there's something ironic about that. Some of the pictures of tables on the menu seem to have mods installed on them...

gP7L0gZ.png

Medieval Madness seems to have lighted flipper buttons.

nna8hKx.png

...as does BOP

QD79ja8.png

And Gorgar has the lighted buttons, as well as some sort of lighted launcher.

n7v0y7U.png

Last of all, HRC seems to have a die-themed launcher mod on it.

These aren't really annoying me that much, but I just found these weird and wanted to point them out. Feel free to correct me if any of these were just standard fixtures or photo effects of some sort though. I've only seen MM in person out of all these, and I don't recall the one I played having lighted flipper buttons.

EDIT: Also, now that I remembered, could someone tell me what that "Welcome to Lost Legends" thing on BOP's display is about? Is that some sort of Wizard mode I haven't gotten to?

Last edited:

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
So obviously we all know that the legal agreements for the table rights in TPA prevent Farsight from having modified tables. But there's something ironic about that. Some of the pictures of tables on the menu seem to have mods installed on them...

gP7L0gZ.png

Medieval Madness seems to have lighted flipper buttons.

nna8hKx.png

...as does BOP

QD79ja8.png

And Gorgar has the lighted buttons, as well as some sort of lighted launcher.

n7v0y7U.png

Last of all, HRC seems to have a die-themed launcher mod on it.

These aren't really annoying me that much, but I just found these weird and wanted to point them out. Feel free to correct me if any of these were just standard fixtures or photo effects of some sort though. I've only seen MM in person out of all these, and I don't recall the one I played having lighted flipper buttons.

EDIT: Also, now that I remembered, could someone tell me what that "Welcome to Lost Legends" thing on BOP's display is about? Is that some sort of Wizard mode I haven't gotten to?
With regard to the lights on the flipper buttons, I'm pretty sure this is just some red blume on the photographs. Notice how the DMD also has a blume around the DMD/AN displays.

You'll also notice that BoP seems to have a glowing start button, which it doesn't in real life. I'd say it is a product of touching up these images before embedding them as the game placeholders in the menu.

Regarding the custom Die plunger on HRC, that must have been on the game when they originally purchased it, but they would have had to remove it when making the virtual table.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Some tables do have mods or alterations featured for various reasons. Scared Stiff has a painted textured bony beast by accident, as they didn't realise it was a mod when they digitised it. I believe it was originally a planned feature, but removed, and modders put it back. CFTBL has a couple of songs removed due to licensing issues. And the Ringmaster in CV is slghtly different due to the artist copyright, but I can't remember if it was that way on any real tables or not.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
...and the Addams Family they've purchased is as far as everyone can tell a regular cabinet with the LE (Gold) ROMs installed in it. Are they going to have to find some original ROMs or are they okay to go with what they have? Was it a deliberate purchase so they can do both? (The rest of this speculation belongs in the Kickstarter thread, methinks ;-) )

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
...and the Addams Family they've purchased is as far as everyone can tell a regular cabinet with the LE (Gold) ROMs installed in it. Are they going to have to find some original ROMs or are they okay to go with what they have? Was it a deliberate purchase so they can do both? (The rest of this speculation belongs in the Kickstarter thread, methinks ;-) )

It would be cool if they did both. I don't think it's too far-fetched to say this is the most important table they've done so far. FS needs to stick the landing.

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
For cftbl I missed some kissing scenes. This can't be because of the rating, can it?
Only play uw's awesome VP version anyway.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Some tables do have mods or alterations featured for various reasons. Scared Stiff has a painted textured bony beast by accident, as they didn't realise it was a mod when they digitised it. I believe it was originally a planned feature, but removed, and modders put it back. CFTBL has a couple of songs removed due to licensing issues. And the Ringmaster in CV is slghtly different due to the artist copyright, but I can't remember if it was that way on any real tables or not.
Scared Stiff is a funny one. I remember playing several SS tables in different locations that featured grey and black painted Bony Beast bones. These were fresh out of crate tables as well. Unless all the tables I played in the day were protos or something.

ZenTron

Jul 21, 2013
The ability to use "special" pinballs that don't even exist in real life is a bit of a contradiction to the mission statement of this product.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
Addams family will have the normal look and the normal roms, even though the machine they have is addams family pyrite edition. the emulator framework doesn't care what the roms are.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts