Duo Pinball Controller For iOS

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
In their FAQ section it says,

Is Duo Pinball compatible with games other than the ones listed on duo-games.com/duopinball?
No, the Duo Pinball works exclusively with the games from Gameprom listed on the website. If more become available, we will update the list.

I’m a developer; can I use the Duo Pinball for my game?
No, the Duo Pinball works exclusively with Gameprom games. If you’re interested in using a controller for your games please email controllerdev@discoverybaygames.com

So Im not sure if they would even allow other games to support this controller?
However that deal was constructed, it certainly doesn't do them any good to have something locked down to a single developer. Hell, I'd love to use something like that for PC. But they've screwed themselves bigtime by restricting their audience. It's likely to go the same way as that ill-fated iPhone pinball controller that nothing supports.

Looks like I'm not alone:
jYWtn.png

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Ah, but how many of us here would buy it if it was exclusive to TPA? Being that the only pinball I play is TPA, I would. Oh, and also only if it was $20. $30 tops.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Ah, but how many of us here would buy it if it was exclusive to TPA? Being that the only pinball I play is TPA, I would. Oh, and also only if it was $20. $30 tops.

Yeah, I would too. I don't play any other pinball on iOS, except an occasional Little Wing table.

HOW

Feb 21, 2012
I find the fragmenting of iOS game controllers baffling, and Duo's doing its best to continue the trend. I just had a little moan about this on my blog, if anyone's interested. And judging by Duo's FAQ, its cunning business plan isn't "help us add more value to our controllers" (something iCade's been quite good about doing), but "we can create a specific controller for your games too". Either that or their FAQ writer needs to be fired.

Bloody 'ell! Here comes Retro bleedin' Gamer! ;)

BlueMarble

Oct 25, 2012
I have the Duo Pinball. It is really awesome, but it would be infinitely more awesome if it worked with The Pinball Arcade. I hope Farsight can add support for it.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Just waiting for somewhere alittle more local to stock them...good for most systems...ill soothe the pain of the ipad4 by playing gba games heh

I love my icade but im a nintendo child at heart

Jay

May 19, 2012
There's also this aborted attempt:

http://www.newpotatotech.com/PINBALL_MAGIC/pinball_magic.html

I didn't mind so much that I had to remove my iPhone case each time to use it, but the company originally advertised three tables, plus the accessory would eventually work with other pinball apps. So I thought it was a good investment. Then the three tables turned into one, with the ability to unlock the others. Then just one table -- and it's a pretty poor one. And then they apparently abandoned allowing the accessory to work with other apps. Now with Apple's new dock connector, it's obsolete anyway. Waste of money.

Agujose

Aug 10, 2012
Well I'm like crazy looking for some system of physical buttons for the ipad. I love the looks of tables on iPad (Much better than my Ps Vita, besides the size difference), but I just get used to playing by pressing the screen. It has the same precision.

Every time I see the duo pinball anger me, not to mow it with this game, and the worst is that there are so many gadgets on the market, not encuantro anything similar.

Do you know if there's any news on whether farsight can take this driver to pinball arcade? It would be a great joy

Agujose

Aug 10, 2012
Duo pinball y Butrol

I just bought the duo pinball and I was pleasantly surprised. I have not noticed any delay and the feel of the buttons is pretty good. The only thing is that the tables are very bad compared to pinball arcade. It is frustrating to have the appliance and not being able to play arcade pinball tables. I think it's the perfect complement to our game.

How likely is made ​​compatible with the duo pinball arcade Pinball?

Could play through the program "blutrol" from cydia?

regards

Chris Dunman

Apr 11, 2012
This does look good but as Jeff has said, it's daft. We knew you were agreeing Andy.

Would it be that tough to produce an iPad controller? Sure it needs enough buttons to support the additional function as Jeff S has stated, but I reckon it needs a good bit of weight to it too.

With the iPad using the accelerometer to nudge, any lightweight kit is going to be all over the place. Something more solidly constructed would be better. Better still if metallic rather than plastic, for the weight. Would this then make it uneconomic to produce and market at a reasonable profit?

There must be engineering guys here who know, or who have had ideas already.....

I really don't like that Bitty thingy either

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.