Early EM games from 30s

Timelord

Oct 29, 2012
Gonna be honest, I'm 72 and grew up with tables from the 30's and 40's. I'm not too terribly interested in seeing any of those in TPA because they would take a "slot" from a monthly release. Big Shot, Royal Flush and the other mentioned EM tables were from the 60's and play much much better. I'd like to see more of those, but admit the interest is limited.

Perhaps a different Franchise option as mentioned in another thread would be a wiser move for Farsight.

Timelord ...

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
What is that way? I have been trying to figure that out for months now. :)

Well ultimately your balls are going to be a lot shorter on that table, there's no getting around that. Skillful nudging is the key to making the most of your time though. And making sure you get an extra ball each ball, once you've reached that point. It is technically possible to cradle as well, but you won't pull it off often.

Pretty sure you knew all these things already though, being the #1 player ;)

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
I may be #1 overall, but pretty terrible at Central Park as far as top players go. Only managed 6500 which is a third of the top score and isn't even in the top hundred. I can do an EB on each ball but that isn't the limiting factor, it's the limit of 15 specials/EBs total allowed in one game. The side outlanes are the killer. I suspect the answer is to use upwards nudging to keep the ball out of there, since the outlane entrances are nearly horizontal so sideways nudging doesn't do anything. But I can't suppress the instinct to side-nudge acquired from twenty years of other pinball games.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
I may be #1 overall, but pretty terrible at Central Park as far as top players go. Only managed 6500 which is a third of the top score and isn't even in the top hundred. I can do an EB on each ball but that isn't the limiting factor, it's the limit of 15 specials/EBs total allowed in one game. The side outlanes are the killer. I suspect the answer is to use upwards nudging to keep the ball out of there, since the outlane entrances are nearly horizontal so sideways nudging doesn't do anything. But I can't suppress the instinct to side-nudge acquired from twenty years of other pinball games.

Man, I haven't checked my high score there in a long time then. Mine is around 6,500 but when I laid that down it was top 20.

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
It's very simple for me. Would I buy a pack that included an early EM? I would think that for most people it would depend on what else is in the pack. But a pre-flipper table all be itself? Probably not...

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts