Bug Earthshaker - two bugs

barryd2

Jun 12, 2012
I downloaded Earthshaker on both my iPad and Mac (steam). On both platforms, you cannot read any instructions AND you do not get a extra ball when you get the required score (I believe it's 6 million). I've done all the usual rebooting attempts, and nothing seems to correct this problem.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I downloaded Earthshaker on both my iPad and Mac (steam). On both platforms, you cannot read any instructions AND you do not get a extra ball when you get the required score (I believe it's 6 million). I've done all the usual rebooting attempts, and nothing seems to correct this problem.

Instructions were not ready by release, but they are coming.
No extra ball at 6 mil because FS decided extra balls were already plentiful enough. They have done this on several tables before.

David T. Melnick

Jul 23, 2014
------------
thanx for the info. I too don't get the instructions. I can deal with that...learning by mistakes & the like. Got up to nearly 5 million (so far). I just hope Farsight will fix those 2. :confused:

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Instructions are missing because the person who normally does them has been out sick. I assume for the sake of consistency they don't just hand that over to anyone. They'll be in there, just have patience.

A lot of games recently have not given an EB at the replay score; Earthshaker is another one. It depends on how plentiful EBs are in the game. ES has 1 very easy EB (12 miles), 1 easy EB (60 miles), 1 not-too-hard EB (light lock 5 times for 6x Bonus), 1 harder EB (3 x 1M shots in Quick MB) and repeatable MBs from the 1.5M+EB jackpot award. You can also randomly get one from the Match Up award at the Shelter.

barryd2

Jun 12, 2012
Kolchak, I've already played this game about 50 times (I really like it), and I've yet to get multiple extra balls. I have gotten one extra ball a number of times, but never more than that. It seems like if the original game gave an extra ball at 6 mil, Farsight could have done the same.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I'm just telling you what I was told by Farsight. That is their reasoning on it.
I've gotten at least two extra balls in multiple games. Can't remember if I gotten more than two or not. The one you get for 12 miles is one you should pick up in just about every game. And then if you are having a good game, you will most likely stumble on a second one.
It's not a very drainy pin, do you feel it needs another extra ball? Or do you just like replay always giving an extra ball? I like replay giving an extra ball myself, since replay is meaningless. But I can live without it. Still a fun pin.

Last edited:

McGuirk

Feb 25, 2012
I think I had 5 or 6 just now, got up to 48.2 million. A lot of fun on this table.

Oh, and I did have some issues with the top left hole for the fault. Once I hit 99 miles, it started holding onto the ball a little too long. Once the ball search started, it eventually kicked out. But this happened 4 or 5 times after 99. It eventually went away.

Last edited:

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
I'm just telling you what I was told by Farsight. That is their reasoning on it.
I've gotten at least two extra balls in multiple games. Can't remember if I gotten more than two or not. The one you get for 12 miles is one you should pick up in just about every game. And then if you are having a good game, you will most likely stumble on a second one.
It's not a very drainy pin, do you feel it needs another extra ball? Or do you just like replay always giving an extra ball? I like replay giving an extra ball myself, since replay is meaningless. But I can live without it. Still a fun pin.

I think you get an extra one for hitting 60 or 65 miles (Whirlwind I think does this too). You can also get one with the first 6x bonus and with the 1.5M+EB jackpot. I remember it being lit when I got an "end of the road" bonus, but that may have been just before I netted the 6x+EB bonus.

I think ES is generous enough with extra balls as it is. Once you get in the groove, balls don't drain nearly as quickly as seems to have become the habit lately in TPA games, POTO and BSD are prime examples IMO. That makes this one an enjoyable table I'll gladly keep coming back to.

David T. Melnick

Jul 23, 2014
Instructions are missing because the person who normally does them has been out sick. I assume for the sake of consistency they don't just hand that over to anyone. They'll be in there, just have patience.

A lot of games recently have not given an EB at the replay score; Earthshaker is another one. It depends on how plentiful EBs are in the game. ES has 1 very easy EB (12 miles), 1 easy EB (60 miles), 1 not-too-hard EB (light lock 5 times for 6x Bonus), 1 harder EB (3 x 1M shots in Quick MB) and repeatable MBs from the 1.5M+EB jackpot award. You can also randomly get one from the Match Up award at the Shelter.
------------
quite right, Eldar. MB is used easily. :D

Epsilon

Apr 19, 2012
Yeah, I definitely can't complain about extra balls on this one. I probably had six or seven on my second game last night, and I'm FAR from a particularly good player.

Mapa

May 16, 2012
Instructions are missing because the person who normally does them has been out sick. I assume for the sake of consistency they don't just hand that over to anyone.

Yeah I guess it's really difficult to keep on starting every sentence with "Another great way to score points...".

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.