EBD build bugs - Android

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
At start of game, after pressing start, about 50% of games started, the game doesn't move to the plunger cam. It'll just pan about the table.

Devices - Samsung Note 4 & shield k1

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
You can tell in advance when it's not going to work as the the alpha numeric displays in the backbox remain blank.
Looks like the rom doesn't load or crashes.

The app has frozen too once, whilst entering high score initials in EBD.

fb3f98cfabce9cd04175129303a6f919.jpg

Last edited:

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I played dozens, maybe over 100, games during the beta and nothing like this ever happened; nor was it reported by anyone else.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
I played dozens, maybe over 100, games during the beta and nothing like this ever happened; nor was it reported by anyone else.
I have it happen 100% on two separate devices if you follow this sequence...

1 start TPA.
2 press middle screen 'to start' app.
3 at splash screen pick either 'latest table' or 'last played' table if that was EBD.
4 notice alpha numeric display is blank.
5 press start (big button bottom right) - notice camera just continues to pan about and doesn't go to the plunger cam.
6 end game and restart doesn't work either. You have to exit the table completely. Reenter, and only if the hud displays will the game work.

Reproducible on Samsung Note 4 & Nvidia Shield K1.

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
Didn't play this one much yet (and will not) but I can confirm this issue. If display is blank, camera will continue with panning.

Spork98765

Jul 3, 2015
I played, maybe, 20 games of EBD last night on my Shield tablet; it's the 32GB LTE model though, no idea if it's really that different.

I had no play issues with EBD, but I did find that the Manage tables interface is even more broke that usual since the "Tx_Sector Downloaded" message was removed from download owned.

Sho' nuff as I go to check this out - my first game after booting the tablet to confirm this issue I get the bug on my Shield Tablet. No display in the attract mode, press the big yellow "start" and it's all fly over, no play. Have to exit back to home, or table select, and start the process over again. Next game had the Numeric Displays, and started no problem. Yup, Start app, first game straight out of the menu as "newest Release" and I get the no display, no play bug as a repeatable issue now.

Is no-one bothered by the perma-lit: Shoot Again; Tilt, and Game Over on the back glass? I don't expect them to be interactive, But I do expect them to be turned off so as to not be visible while playing.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Is no-one bothered by the perma-lit: Shoot Again; Tilt, and Game Over on the back glass? I don't expect them to be interactive, But I do expect them to be turned off so as to not be visible while playing.

Yeah, especially as the 'shoot again' is obscured by the hud, so each time i look up i see...

SH
AG

nice. :)

cammanchee

May 29, 2013
From what I have noticed, the tables in season 6 will load and play, but no tables outside of season 6 will load. It either crashes or stays on the overhead scrolling view of the table. Indy 500 and big hurt will load and play.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
From what I have noticed, the tables in season 6 will load and play, but no tables outside of season 6 will load. It either crashes or stays on the overhead scrolling view of the table. Indy 500 and big hurt will load and play.
Yeah - confirmed here too.
All rom emulated tables pre season 6 crash the TPA app.
Scripted pre season 6 tables do work, like BK, BH etc...

Last edited:

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
hmmmm....... I don't have crashes but I do have the above, no display and panning camera.
Ahd what about HoF points. Are they gone forever or what-

Great job FS. Luckily, titanuim backup is here and I won't really miss EBD.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
None of this was reported by anyone in the beta. And it also appears to be limited in scope, since I've played High Speed without a crash. Perhaps try re-downloading the tables that are crashing.

Spork98765

Jul 3, 2015

I'm not getting a reliable crash effect on Anything pre season 6, but the non-display bug that you reported for EBD seems to be effecting pretty much every ROM emulated table in TPA, and after flipping through enough of them looking for one that works, eventually TPA will crash no matter what season table you're on; scripted tables work, but they do not have a HUD.

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
After doing "update all" only Big Hurt was updated (expected since I didn't update the game to previous version before) but now, with every table that I tried I got message that there is an improved version of the table.So far Dr. Dude, Dracula, Cyclone, Hurricane, Diner and all of them worked after that. Than the game crashed and after I started again there was no "improved tables" any more but panning camera returned and crashes are also present.
This 2.xxxx version of TPA is broken in so many ways that this will never be fixed. For one fixed thing, ten gets broken.

Spork98765

Jul 3, 2015
OK re-downloaded all 75 REZ files and now going through the entire list of tables from Launch to Season 6 one at a time to see if they load.

The UI seems exceptionally laggy since the release of EBD :/

Yeah, it wasn't the REZ files, it is the UI and something with the connection to the FarSight servers that is causing the issues.

I tested the launch tables and half of season 1 with no internet connection, every table loaded, there was a proper display. They played. I know I wasn't connected because the home screen said "connecting to server" over and over.

I restarted TPA after fixing my Wi-Fi LAN issues and suddenly all the tables I had that were working are now all FUBAR again. No display, the DMD/Alpa-Numerics are empty like reported and if I start them TPA crashes like a drunk at xmas; or better yet there is no ball when the game starts.

Can we get a real UI developer, or better yet the old one back. it may have been "ugly" but it worked. It sure as hell wasn't the root cause of the bugs in the game.

francis247uk

Jul 7, 2012
Same problem for me as original poster, have to completely exit out back to the table select screen and go back into tables to get them to work. Galaxy S5

Shardz

Apr 7, 2014
This update is just a horrific mess of crap!!! Doesn't FS test these updates?? Every patch makes this app more and more unstable to the point where it's a complete joke! Tables randomly crash, so you delete that table, install it again and play, then go to another table...crash, repeat. When you exit the app and start it up again, the same tables crash again!! Who is testing this stuff?

COME ON, FARSIGHT!

Graphics in DMD are sometimes missing, but got that to work again by logging out, then logging back in. Graphics in the options menu are still missing the first time you go in there, then exit and come back...there they are. Now tables crash. Indy 500 and Frankenstein are the main offenders after having the same problem with Cyclone as well, but I don't have time to test each table..they should just plain work, right?

COME ON, FARSIGHT!

Additionally, season six is not alright as Indy 500 is my biggest offender. It crashes the app as soon as I try to start it. You can get it to work by deleting the table, downloading it again and it will play for that session. Restarting the app again will cause that table to crash again when you start it, and there are several tables in which this happens in different seasons, including six. I've tried logging in and out (which fixes the missing DMD), reinstalling the tables, launching tables from different lists, rebooting my device and all options in between - this version is just completely hosed and broke the entire app. Every time a new patch is issued, I just wince and wonder what else is broken, but this patch is the worst since 2.0. You guys are going to lose your customer base soon at this rate. Stop with the new tables and fix what you have first, it's the only way to save this app at this point.

Edit: And now it won't record high scores, either! Frankenstein crashes, so I delete the table, download again and it starts. I finally get in there and make my best high score of 1 billion or something like that, and here's what I get at the end:

5be6d444ca84c8d2a250de3b74955d6d.jpg

From here, if I exit the app and restart it and choose the Frankenstein table again, it will crash when I hit the yellow start button. I lost a decent score with this buggy version, and there's no use in playing if it won't record scores or even play without having to delete the table first! Madness!!

COME ON, FARSIGHT

You guys are just killing us...

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts