Eight Ball Deluxe

David T. Melnick

Jul 23, 2014
invitro,polls are like Galahs !!! have your say in what tables you like and let others have there say.what you think are a bunch of great tables might be different to others.my fave table is Taxi,i haven`t got stupid written on my forehead,but I know Taxi would not be most peoples top 40. but you know what ,I love it.:cool:
----
Great point...for me, my faves are key tables from the late-70s to early 80s. Sure, there are others of other generations.

Buzz1126

Dec 27, 2013
EBD is the sequel to one of my all-time favs...like many have said, the table really *looks* fine. Call it simple if you wish, but I would've happily fed quarter after quarter after quarter in it, playing IRL. And that sound you heard was the sonic BOOM created when the ball shot off the right-hand bumper of the lane leading to the bonus multiplier drop targets.

And the clue for the next table, it didn't take me 12 tries to figure out.

Don't blink...

Jay

May 19, 2012
Never understood why we got CBW at all. Must be the dumbest pool representation in the history of pinball :)

It has one of the weirdest themes ever created. Let's see ... how would I describe it? A country-western/cowboy/Dirty Harry pool table with video games? And a moose? I played it with Microsoft's original Pinball Arcade software and I didn't get it then. I still don't get it, but it makes me laugh and I guess that's a good thing.

invitro

May 4, 2012
It has one of the weirdest themes ever created.
One weird theme: you're in a crazy funhouse with a deranged dummy shouting at you. Your task: put the dummy to sleep and then sneak into his basement to steal his jackpots. While you're doing that, eat as many hot dogs as you can.

invitro

May 4, 2012
I think eight ball champ should be in TPA as well. Different layout than EBD.
I get all these 1980's pool tables mixed up. Besides EBD, we've got Eight Ball Champ, Laser Cue, Bad Girls, Rack 'Em Up, Nine Ball, and Pool Sharks. Good grief! I think I played Pool Sharks several times. I don't think I've played Eight Ball Champ, but it looks interesting to me, and Tony "The Mad Italian" Ramunni is an artist I like too.

image-7.jpg
image-8.jpg

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Look at the guy dead center in the backbox. Look at what his left hand is doing. And the guy leaning against the bar in the background.

Also, there's Zacc's Pool Champ game as well.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I used to play a Bally Eight Ball pretty often when I was young. It was the one with Fonzie on the backglass from 1977. But I much prefer Eight Ball Deluxe.

EccentricFlower

May 4, 2015
One weird theme: you're in a crazy funhouse with a deranged dummy shouting at you. Your task: put the dummy to sleep and then sneak into his basement to steal his jackpots. While you're doing that, eat as many hot dogs as you can.

Would like to +1 this post.

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
I get all these 1980's pool tables mixed up. Besides EBD, we've got Eight Ball Champ, Laser Cue, Bad Girls, Rack 'Em Up, Nine Ball, and Pool Sharks. Good grief! I think I played Pool Sharks several times. I don't think I've played Eight Ball Champ, but it looks interesting to me, and Tony "The Mad Italian" Ramunni is an artist I like too.

image-7.jpg
image-8.jpg

Pool ball shots are spread out and fun to snipe. Has a lot of the same call outs as EBD

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.