Elvira and Gofers just went LIVE !

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
I'm liking NGG so much. the ball 'feels' really good. Has more weight that I remember from the other tables. Tried some of the other tables as well. And some of my gripes about the 'weight' of the ball seems to go out the door. Nice work. Taxi and Harley next week.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Did a quick playthrough of both tables and they look and play great IMO. Elvira and the Party Monsters is still missing the slingshot sound (which is still missing on Android and iOS) when the ball hits the right slingshot and No Good Gofers is still missing the lights underneath the slingshots (as is Medieval Madness).

Overall, great job FarSight...can't wait to play Harley-Davidson and Taxi next week.

pinbot-76

Jul 11, 2012
Big improvement on NGG! I get a much clearer sense of what is happening on the table now.

I broke down and finally set my video to 720p and the lag issue is much less noticeable. I also switched to using the triggers, which helps me with the dual-stage flipper thing. They never quite work for me using the bumpers.

Looking forward to more tables on the PS3, and now I'm wondering if I'll bother to keep up with TPA on xbox. The newsletter they sent out showed Genie, and I'd definitely like to play that one as well.

alexk3954

Mar 8, 2012
Both tables are a ton of fun and look great! Only 3 games on EATPM and am somehow already #2 on the leaderboards :)

Ruz-El

Sep 6, 2012
Picked the pack up last night and played a few games on each table. I thought they looked and played great. I haven't had time to read the instructions, so I can;t comment on bugs as others can, but after "Black Knight", the tables pop in a good way for me. Playing 1080 on an LCD that's properly set up.

killinjer

Aug 30, 2012
NGG. if you keep hittin the plunger, you just keep launching balls....
this happend like 4 times, and turned it off,
anyhow, fun game!!!! Cant wait to play the Fixed version

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
NGG. if you keep hittin the plunger, you just keep launching balls....
this happend like 4 times, and turned it off,
anyhow, fun game!!!! Cant wait to play the Fixed version

I had that happen earlier. Went back to playing and everything seems to be working now.

lqdsky

Aug 11, 2012
We have witnessed in other tables the ball going through the flipper on fast shots. First game of NGG the ball went right through the middle of the left flipper on a very slow(creeping slow) roll. Quite bizarre to see.

Fuseball

May 26, 2012
I think it's the inconsistency between tables that is maddening. EATPM is lovely, plays great and looks pretty good too. NGG looks terrible. How does one of the brightest, most colourful pins ever made look so dark and washed out (with dirty water presumably)? The lighting on the first couple of table packs was fantastic but the flasher effects (particularly on NGG) are back to PHOF standards. It's like playing a NGG where all the lighting is burnt out - there's barely any ambient light as it is and nothing from the game itself. Compare that to TotAN or Gorgar where the plastics, slingshots etc. spill light over the playfield. I dunno, was NGG half-finished or something? Was there supposed to be GI emulation that never got finished?

I understand what people say about getting your screen settings right before complaining about the lighting, but BK is wildly over-saturated and then NGG is precisely the opposite. Each table requires the player to adjust their tv differently to get the best out of the game. The iOS version of NGG is visually far superior to the PS3 one (and I guess the 360 one will be the same, should we ever see it)... and that seems wrong. It's also the second PHOF port (after BK) that has somehow gotten worse rather than better.

I've never seen the point of shadows in TPA. Their placement defies all logic (and the laws of physics) and they appear to be little more than black smudges on the playfield anyway. They just appear in random places on the playfield of TotAN for example. You simply don't get shadows like that on a pinball playfield. They are lit specifically to avoid that happening.

It's becoming increasingly hard to give FS my unquestioning support when they don't appear to apply any standards or guidelines or quality control to their releases, particularly on consoles. It looks increasingly amateurish. Is there really nobody there doing that quality control role? TZ had better be pretty great, to be honest.

DrainoBraino

Apr 11, 2012
Yes, the playfield looks horrible on NGG. Dirty water indeed. My girlfriend is a huge NGG fan and was so excited to fire it up last night for the first time. "Is this it?" she says. "Looks weird".

Compare NGG to Gorgar. Gorgar looks awesome! So vivid and colorful.

Fuseball

May 26, 2012
I dunno, Medieval Madness was pretty blah looking too in terms of the lighting. -- Not that I'm saying it's as bad as Gophers, mind you!

Very true. The slingshots and inlanes aren't lit as they should be on MM. The flashers looked okay though.

aagstn

Oct 6, 2012
I'm just happy that both Elvira and NGG play well on the Vita and PS3. No Black Knight style problems. I know people want the tables to look better and hopefully this happen in time. The High Score thing on the PS3 is a bit weird and will keep me from getting the score trophies until its fixed, but its not a big deal. That High Score thing is not in the Vita version for either table.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.