Elvira and the Party Monsters Preview Video

The Wolfman

Jul 2, 2012
I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you personally Mike (and ofcourse the rest of the staff) for all the hard work and for bringing this table into TPA. It's a dream coming true! :)

J2fold

Jul 28, 2012
I am not sure, but judging by the HUD position are we looking a a possible 3D version because the HUD is usually placed in that position in 3D mode.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
So the PC version will be just a console port ?? Shame.

Not quite...

Source assets are the same, but the output isn't. The textures are compressed for the consoles. On PC they won't be. So they will look cleaner. Also the consoles can only do 2xAA, on PC you should be able to do up to 16x depending on your GPU.

I'm also hoping to do more dynamic lighting on PC in the future.

stevesabol

Apr 13, 2012
Not quite...

Source assets are the same, but the output isn't. The textures are compressed for the consoles. On PC they won't be. So they will look cleaner. Also the consoles can only do 2xAA, on PC you should be able to do up to 16x depending on your GPU.

I'm also hoping to do more dynamic lighting on PC in the future.

Any update on getting the Mac version in line with the PC version?

Ruz-El

Sep 6, 2012
Looking good, I look forward to getting these on the PS3 once the current issues get taken care of :)

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
Now this isn't a complaint about the rendering of TPA, because the real table looks identical, but is the gap between the flippers on this table bigger than others?

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
Excellent!!, PC will be the version to get!!! But please can you confirm if there will be 2-3 display support from the off??

mmmagnetic

May 29, 2012
Updated with new video!

The funky music reminds me a lot of Taxi (the similar soundchip probably being part of it), while some of the sounds remind me a bit of Bride Of Pinbot - specifically the ones when you hit the drop targets.

Looks very fun, this plus NGG is going to be a killer package for me!

Last edited:

mmmagnetic

May 29, 2012
Any update on getting the Mac version in line with the PC version?

I haven't played my Mac copy in ages, but it used to look like an obvious iOS port, which made sense since bringing it over from iOS was probably very easy, in contrast to the 360 version.

Would generating the Mac version from the PC mean a wholy new codebase? I somehow doubt my little Mini can handle more advanced graphics, but that would be cool for those with more capable machines.

mmmagnetic

May 29, 2012
Get ready for a million complaints about SDTM drains. I've only played one real life EATPM machine and it was heavy on SDTM drains as well. Looks pretty spot on to me. Can't wait to play it and find out for certain.

Yeah, now that you mention it, there was quite a lot of crucial nudging and center drains in that video. Very risky layout!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.