Elvis Pinball like you have never seen it before.. have a look

freezy

Jun 5, 2012
How many frames are actually rendered and how many interpolated? The lag is just enough to ruin the game, everything stays smooth though.

shaderbytes

May 24, 2013
[MENTION=591]freezy[/MENTION]

Its a difficult thing to explain really. In a nut shell the update cycle for physics and rendering is not the same. Physics is running at discrete timesteps, while graphics is rendered at variable frame rates. This can lead to jittery looking objects, because physics and graphics are not completely in sync. Interpolation is smoothing this out. But I can't give you an exact number for it. Physics updates can sometimes run multiple times in one rendering frame or sometime they can be even skipped and not run in one rendering frame.

Anyway I will add in the menu options to remove interpolation soon, but as I did mention the trade off is going to be getting jitter. What GPU/CPU do you have?? I know that getting the time setting right for the discrete timesteps of physics is a nightmare as there is not a win win solution. I need to set it very low so I can get really good physics and it does work great in your machine can handle it but in doing so it has adverse effects when a machine is not meeting the demand. This is not something I can expose to be configurable because the entire game play depends on it.

chat soon

freezy

Jun 5, 2012
Hmm isn't that the point of an engine like Unity? To deal with this kind of stuff?

Anyway, it's a i7-4790 @ 3.6Ghz and an Nvidia GTX 970.

shaderbytes

May 24, 2013
Hmm isn't that the point of an engine like Unity? To deal with this kind of stuff?

Anyway, it's a i7-4790 @ 3.6Ghz and an Nvidia GTX 970.

You have the same specs as me , maybe im just not aware of lag??

The things I mentioned above is the manner in which unity does these things. Its not my own thing written on top of theirs ;)

I will add the controls in soon to enable/disable interpolation and then you can let me know it you see a difference. I also should mention I had the max allowed timestep rather high, at 1 second. Im going to return this value to the default of 0.33333

chat soon

MRZ999

Feb 6, 2016
You have the same specs as me , maybe im just not aware of lag??

The things I mentioned above is the manner in which unity does these things. Its not my own thing written on top of theirs ;)

I will add the controls in soon to enable/disable interpolation and then you can let me know it you see a difference. I also should mention I had the max allowed timestep rather high, at 1 second. Im going to return this value to the default of 0.33333

chat soon

Found any solution to the problem? :)

shaderbytes

May 24, 2013
Found any solution to the problem? :)

Hey there sorry for being away for a while , Im just finishing building tommy table ( It's practically finished and I will create a thread for it very soon ) and then I will consolidate the engine stuff between the two tables and add in some extra UI to control more settings. I will put in options for the AA and also for the updating of the reflection probe. Hopefully somewhere along these lines we might find what the issues are. It difficult since I do not experience thse issues so I cant debug them.

wizard33

Jul 31, 2014
As others said: amazingly amazing work !

Question: about licensing and stuff, are you allowed to distribute these ? any restrictions ?

shaderbytes

May 24, 2013
As others said: amazingly amazing work !

Question: about licensing and stuff, are you allowed to distribute these ? any restrictions ?

well I dont sell them or put them up on any gaming platforms. I just shared on pinball forums and unity forums. Technically they could tell me to not do it if they wanted since there is a ton of licencing stuff involved :)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts