Request EM Tables

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
ugh. There was a FB post requesting EMs, but listed two SS machines, Volcano and Elektra. I noticed Gottlieb's Bronco EM already has a (unofficial?) port on iOS. The ratings for it are negative and mention poor physics and bugs.

Last edited:

Danzig

Mar 1, 2012
If I had my way Farsight would do MUCH more EM's. Not only that, but I'd have them emulate all of the great PM's too, "pure mechanical" such as Rock-Ola's World Series from 1934.

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
I wouldn't mind seeing a list of favorites from each company. Mine wouldn't have much since most of the EMs I played were Gottlieb, but I am interested in playing more EMs from Bally and Williams. It would probably be helpful for Farsight, as well. Is there a list of games with multiple versions? I noticed that are a lot of EMs with replay and Add a Ball, as well as 2p and 4p versions. Not to mention games that were remade as SS. I heard in the case of some of the Gottlieb's, the EMs are better (seems to be the case with Jacks Open, at least), but I noticed that they have differences aside from just having a computer inside. I know with Bally's Fireball, the SS lacks the zipper flippers that are part of the charm of the original. In many cases I rather see the EM version, or even both versions, if possible.

I think this list might be helpful to Farsight, as well. It's not definitive, but I think it gives an idea of some of the better EMs out there. I wish it had seperate lists for early and later SS machines, as well. A top PM list would be nice to. It's frustrating that there are hardly any ratings for the majority of PMs there.

Last edited:

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I wouldn't mind seeing a list of favorites from each company. Mine wouldn't have much since most of the EMs I played were Gottlieb, but I am interested in playing more EMs from Bally and Williams. It would probably be helpful for Farsight, as well. Is there a list of games with multiple versions? I noticed that are a lot of EMs with replay and Add a Ball, as well as 2p and 4p versions. Not to mention games that were remade as SS. I heard in the case of some of the Gottlieb's, the EMs are better (seems to be the case with Jacks Open, at least), but I noticed that they have differences aside from just having a computer inside. I know with Bally's Fireball, the SS lacks the zipper flippers that are part of the charm of the original. In many cases I rather see the EM version, or even both versions, if possible.

I think this list might be helpful to Farsight, as well. It's not definitive, but I think it gives an idea of some of the better EMs out there. I wish it had seperate lists for early and later SS machines, as well. A top PM list would be nice to. It's frustrating that there are hardly any ratings for the majority of PMs there.

As much as some people want EM tables (myself included), I just don't think we'll see more than a few. Solid State tables will dominate DLC simply for the fact that 95% of the tables being requested are SS and FarSight knows these tables will sell.

Brian Clark

Feb 28, 2012
As much as some people want EM tables (myself included), I just don't think we'll see more than a few. Solid State tables will dominate DLC simply for the fact that 95% of the tables being requested are SS and FarSight knows these tables will sell.

The problem I have is that SS El Dorado was already in the Wii and PSP versions of the Gottlieb collection and I don't want it hampering the chances of the EM (I heard the remake is good, but I don't want a pole between the flippers in El Dorado or Royal Flush). I don't want EM remakes, unless the EM comes with them. Farsight said they are still open to requests and they said they are still in the plans. I'm fine with more SS, especially since some of those requests are mine, but I'm not fine with Jacks to Open being chosen over Jacks open. I don't want to see Amazon Hunt chosen over Fast Draw either. I'm ok with Space Invaders and Silverball Mania since they are SS with a similar layout rather than the same layout. Late EMs that had SS machines that are similar released a short time afterward are a different matter, as well. I rather see both in those cases.

I knew they are waiting over a year, but that's a given. Farsight asked about EMs before and said they still want requests. I understand only a few might come, but I highly doubt that the ones in the Gottlieb collection will be the only ones coming, especially since they have Bally and Williams.

Anyway, I think more early SS requests should come too (but NOT as EM requests!!!). I already heard a few for Xenon, which I would like to play. Most of the early Sterns seem solid too. Nugent is great fun! Part of me wants to see the late 70s Eight Ball since I heard it can be mean and it started off George Christian's Eight Ball series. Eight Ball Deluxe is the main one in the series I want to see, though.

Edit: The SS versions of El Dorado and Royal Flush are rarer and probably lesser known than their EM counterparts, so the EM versions may get more sales.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.