End of Season 1, Start of Season 2....Share Feedback

Crepello55012

Jan 21, 2015
By "have a poll on this site" I meant on the Poll Dancing section. Where lots of people who just read and do polls would learn of our existence. Might have worked to bring in a few new people. To show our wares in a new shop window. Anyway it was ignored. I don't think harping far off.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
By "have a poll on this site" I meant on the Poll Dancing section. Where lots of people who just read and do polls would learn of our existence. Might have worked to bring in a few new people. To show our wares in a new shop window. Anyway it was ignored. I don't think harping far off.

Not so much ignored as I've been crazy busy with work (think 13 hour days) and had barely any time to even get the tournament up and running this time. Normally I message blast on Steam, poke and prod FarSight to release info, and drop a whole mess of tweets.

There is no reason why you yourself could not have started a poll. In fact, that's what I'm encouraging with you guys drumming up players. Grass roots campaign, ya know? Also, as a mod, I am able to see who reads what threads. Every month we get a large number of people who read about the tournament and follow the results thread that have never signed up. I have the tourney info on the start page of this sight, clear as day for anyone to see. I'm trying to do what I can to get as many players as possible to play, in the time I have. I went to FarSight and asked for codes, I've got our podcast sponsor offering up custom shooter rods. Xanjia stepped up a while ago and created our tournament software. CCl78 created a tournament stats tracker. These are efforts that encourage play. My asking for the community of players to encourage others to join in some manner or other seems like a relatively small request, thank you very much. A Tweet, a Facebook post, a message blast to PSN or XboxLive friends.

What takes a player a few hours on the last Saturday of every month to play, takes me quite a bit to set up and run. The sign up page gets updated, the scoring page, the tournament postings, the TotW each week happening, etc. I do it because it's fun. I like that everyone else is having fun. I just think it'd be more fun with even more people playing.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
Also, as a mod, I am able to see who reads what threads. Every month we get a large number of people who read about the tournament and follow the results thread that have never signed up.

Keep in mind how user participation works on the internet: http://www.nngroup.com/articles/participation-inequality/ . In any community, 90% of the users just read and observe but don't participate. What you're seeing is perfectly normal for any type of forum or community. You're doing plenty.

Crepello55012

Jan 21, 2015
Ok I'll do a poll. When I think the time is right. By the way just tried giving away the Taf codes. That was hard work, still have one left.
Not so much ignored as I've been crazy busy with work (think 13 hour days) and had barely any time to even get the tournament up and running this time. Normally I message blast on Steam, poke and prod FarSight to release info, and drop a whole mess of tweets.

There is no reason why you yourself could not have started a poll. In fact, that's what I'm encouraging with you guys drumming up players. Grass roots campaign, ya know? Also, as a mod, I am able to see who reads what threads. Every month we get a large number of people who read about the tournament and follow the results thread that have never signed up. I have the tourney info on the start page of this sight, clear as day for anyone to see. I'm trying to do what I can to get as many players as possible to play, in the time I have. I went to FarSight and asked for codes, I've got our podcast sponsor offering up custom shooter rods. Xanjia stepped up a while ago and created our tournament software. CCl78 created a tournament stats tracker. These are efforts that encourage play. My asking for the community of players to encourage others to join in some manner or other seems like a relatively small request, thank you very much. A Tweet, a Facebook post, a message blast to PSN or XboxLive friends.

What takes a player a few hours on the last Saturday of every month to play, takes me quite a bit to set up and run. The sign up page gets updated, the scoring page, the tournament postings, the TotW each week happening, etc. I do it because it's fun. I like that everyone else is having fun. I just think it'd be more fun with even more people playing.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts