End User License Agreement For The Pinball Arcade Application

Actionball

Banned
May 23, 2012
I can give you the example of every game that used to require the WON network to play. Affected a few minor games like Counter-Strike.

When WON went out of business someone had to come up with a hack that would allow the game to still be played.

There are dozens of orphaned MMO's out there that bit the dust but are now having to carry on in the shady gray area where the gamers themselves run pirate servers to play the game they paid for.

So off the top of my head I can only think of the 50+ million people affected by those examples.

Sony has or last time I had to pay attention they had a 5 time download limit on PSN purchases.
I have only 1 left for Savage Moon after getting a corrupt game file twice and replacing my stock hard drive. Then I get to pay for it again.

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
You're talking about multiplayer games though. Servers get shut down for old games all the time (sports games are especially notorious for this, although you can still play the single player game), but that's not really what we're talking about here.

Last edited:

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I can give you the example of every game that used to require the WON network to play. Affected a few minor games like Counter-Strike.

When WON went out of business someone had to come up with a hack that would allow the game to still be played.

There are dozens of orphaned MMO's out there that bit the dust but are now having to carry on in the shady gray area where the gamers themselves run pirate servers to play the game they paid for.

So off the top of my head I can only think of the 50+ million people affected by those examples.

Again, we are talking about two different things here. The Pinball Arcade doesn't require a server or network to play on (only for leaderboards which is not required to play pinball tables) and if I'm not mistaken, those games you mentioned were not removed from anyone's device or platform, but merely rendered unplayable because of the lack of a network or server to play on.

Actionball

Banned
May 23, 2012
Again, we are talking about two different things here. The Pinball Arcade doesn't require a server or network to play on (only for leaderboards which is not required to play pinball tables) and if I'm not mistaken, those games you mentioned were not removed from anyone's device or platform, but merely rendered unplayable because of the lack of a network or server to play on.

Ok, they didn't get removed...they simply wont work anymore, distinction without a difference.

Dutch Pinball ball

May 5, 2012
And Dutch Pinball, if its not a concern to you then don't comment. Go live your life free of any digital media and their associated use rights.

I am only trying to explain it does not concern anybody, even you, unless you can give some similar examples that do make some sense.

Do you go on every game forum nowadays warning guys in future they may be a chance you cant play this game anymore on their devices?

Yes, you were right, maybe 10 years ago. But times changed, things go so fast that you, me, them, everybody wont be touching a xbox 360 near soon. So, even this does happen (it wont), then its no problem, cause you already 3 devices further on.

Its not like you buy a limited autographed jimmy hendrix record that in future you cant play anymore. Its a simple downloadable game, a very inexpensive downloadable game when you look at replay value. And in 5 years you wil play it on an other device, so you still have to rebuy it.

Its a non problem.

Last edited:

Actionball

Banned
May 23, 2012
Sony has a 5 time download limit on PSN purchases, I am at my limit on 2 games, one of which I still play Savage Moon. I hit my limit because of 2 corrupt game files and hard drive replacements not because of shenanigans. So one more glitch and I get to pay again.

Steam has handed out bans, by mistake, to players that prevent not only the use of that game but any game using the same game engine. Even when they remove the ban the player is still stuck with a "Steam Ban On Record" mark in their profile so they often get excluded from a server or kicked by players.

Microsoft will permaban a 360 from xbox live that is suspected of being modded or containing pirate software. Ask some of the people who bought one used at a Game Stop how cool that is to set $100 bucks on fire like that.

And I fail to see how the bricking of movies I paid for and transferred legally to my computer because of a license expiring is substantially different than a game. The only difference is it has not happened to me YET.

My only point in this whole ridiculous thread is that you unfairly dismissed and ridiculed a valid issue just because the writer was a nutjob about other things.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Ok, they didn't get removed...they simply wont work anymore, distinction without a difference.

My main point is that Josh Tolpa is spreading false information and if you read The Pinball Arcade's EULA above, there is no mention of the user paying for the right to play any given table for a limited period of time (licensed or not), so Josh has no justification for posting the information he is on TPA's Facebook Wall which has the potential to cost FarSight future sales if some people actually believe what he is saying.

Dutch Pinball ball

May 5, 2012
Sony has a 5 time download limit on PSN purchases, I am at my limit on 2 games, one of which I still play Savage Moon. I hit my limit because of 2 corrupt game files and hard drive replacements not because of shenanigans. So one more glitch and I get to pay again.

Steam has handed out bans, by mistake, to players that prevent not only the use of that game but any game using the same game engine. Even when they remove the ban the player is still stuck with a "Steam Ban On Record" mark in their profile so they often get excluded from a server or kicked by players.

Microsoft will permaban a 360 from xbox live that is suspected of being modded or containing pirate software. Ask some of the people who bought one used at a Game Stop how cool that is to set $100 bucks on fire like that.

And I fail to see how the bricking of movies I paid for and transferred legally to my computer because of a license expiring is substantially different than a game. The only difference is it has not happened to me YET.

My only point in this whole ridiculous thread is that you unfairly dismissed and ridiculed a valid issue just because the writer was a nutjob about other things.

You can come up with 1000 examples that are apples and oranges compared to what we are talking about. It still does not make any sense.

Just give 1 example about a downloadable game that was bricked on distance on your/any device due to rights.

You cant, because that has not happened once. And you know you cant cause you have been asked 3 times to come with a example, and every time you come up with totaly different cases.

''Steam has wrongly banned people''

So what? What does this say about this case? Nothing.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
This is how I look at it. Any game I buy for the ps3 is only going to be good for the ps3. If somone allows me to use it on the ps4, well then thats gravy. I also understand that I am just a visitor here on Earth and I don't really own anything. I won't be taking any of my stuff with me. Life is short.

bossyman15

Feb 28, 2012
(b) use this Application, or permit use of this Application, on more than one user device (e.g. computer, handset, PDA or other device) at the same time

So I can't play TPA on my android phone and my future tablet at the same time?

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
So I can't play TPA on my android phone and my future tablet at the same time?

You can have it installed at the same time, but you are only technically allowed to play 1 at a time. It is technically not permitted to play it on your android phone and give your future tablet to your kid/brother/spouse and let them play it at the same time.

I guess it's also not permitted to play TPA with your left hand on one device and with your right on another on an app with the same license....although I'd pay good money to see someone do that and succeed (dual frog frenzy mode RBION!).

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.