Escape from the Lost World

David Pannozzo

Mar 6, 2012
I posted that I wanted Rescue 911, and had some of us that wanted it and some that didn't want it. So I thought I would post a Video of this late 80's System 11 game, maybe you guys will be more kinder to it. It is a one of a kind, really cool flow, great Sound Effects and neat Music and Voices for it's age. Would you guys like to see Escape From The Lost World, maybe they'll even put the EM game Lost World on TPA if this does well. http://youtu.be/2IRPOnRfqao

invitro

May 4, 2012
EftLW was my favorite table for a few months when I was a teen, after Victory, in what must have been 1988 so I suppose it was brand-new. I don't remember much about it except that I loved all the gimmicky shots, and I was pretty "good" at it and could usually get a replay. This was in contrast to Cyclone, which was to its left at the Sears arcade, and which was for pros only. Thinking about this machine reminds me of Dairy Queen chocolate-chip Blizzards and going to the Record Bar to read the new Hot 100 singles chart in Billboard.

No one ever talks about this one (or really any Bally after Eight Ball Deluxe and before the merger with Williams, later in 1988 I think), but I'd definitely support it for TPA.

image-20.jpg

invitro

May 4, 2012
I'm up for any Bally. Bring it.

Even their mid-80s tables like...
- Party Animal
- Hardbody
- Heavy Metal Meltdown
- Black Belt / Karate Fight?

These guys have some of the ugliest backglasses in pinball history. Feast your eyes...

image-1.jpg

Gack...

image-19.jpg

I need a barf bag...

1122f1.jpg

Please someone put out my eyes!

At least Hardbody's playfield actually looks like a gym to me...

1122f2.jpg

Maybe Bally was trying to make their machines as unattractive as possible so their company would lose value and Williams would buy them?

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Hard body is a rediculous looking machine. But it plays pretty good.
Are you not attracted to the cheese that is Heavy Metal Meltdown? Come on invitro, give in to that guilty pleasure zone.

Last edited:

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014
I posted that I wanted Rescue 911, and had some of us that wanted it and some that didn't want it. So I thought I would post a Video of this late 80's System 11 game, maybe you guys will be more kinder to it. It is a one of a kind, really cool flow, great Sound Effects and neat Music and Voices for it's age. Would you guys like to see Escape From The Lost World, maybe they'll even put the EM game Lost World on TPA if this does well. http://youtu.be/2IRPOnRfqao

Looks fun indeed.
But are you sure it's a system 11 game ?
I didn't notice it before.

I'm up for any Bally. Bring it.

Count me in.

Are you not attracted to the cheese that is Heavy Metal Meltdown? Come on invitro, give in to that guilty pleasure zone.

I, personally, love that Heavy Metal Meltdown cheesy backglass.
Hardbody, however... ouch !

invitro

May 4, 2012
I think the grade of "F" on the backglass pic is appropriate.

I haven't played any of these Ballys (except EftLW)... I know I saw them around, but I just said no. Another negative: they look like they probably smell bad.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
I'm up for anything with an unusual playfield design. How does that return lane on the right hand side work?

This, and Blackwater 100, and Banzai Run, I'd hope to see, despite never playing any of them in real life before.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Even their mid-80s tables like...
- Party Animal
- Hardbody
- Heavy Metal Meltdown
- Black Belt / Karate Fight?

These guys have some of the ugliest backglasses in pinball history. Feast your eyes...

image-1.jpg

Gack...

image-19.jpg

I need a barf bag...

1122f1.jpg

Please someone put out my eyes!

At least Hardbody's playfield actually looks like a gym to me...

1122f2.jpg

Maybe Bally was trying to make their machines as unattractive as possible so their company would lose value and Williams would buy them?

Or maybe Hans and Franz had a prior commitment..............

karl

May 10, 2012
Well, Since Hardbody technically is just a re-theme of BMX, you could say that Hardbody actually is the next game Ward Pemberton made after Fathom.

Now, in terms of graphic design, if I had to choose between Fathom or Hardbody? Hmmm. That's a hard choice ;)

On a more serious note, gameplay wise, BMX/Hardbody does not look too shabby at all. But it certainly is a strong contender for worst theme/Graphic design ever, on a pinball machine. It does have a few strong contestants, though. Gottlieb had a few god awful back-glasses. Bad Girls, anyone??

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I've played both Hardbody and BMX and it never occurred to me that it was the same playfield. I'd obviously prefer the BMX version. BMX is a pretty uncommon pin (not a lot made). There was one at Pinfest a couple of years ago and that's the only BMX I've ever seen.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.