Exactly how long does it take for your score to show on leaderboards?

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
OK, I SWEAR I'm not trying to start an argument here or anything, but statements like these just rub me the wrong way.

I completely understand the OP's frustration. I've had the same thing happen to me several times and it sucks. Ccavsman set a goal for himself, achieved it, and doesn't end up getting proper recognition for it. He's obviously passionate and competitive by nature and that's a GOOD thing... I can appreciate that because I'm the same way.

Suggesting that someone like him or me should not care so much is kind of a silly thing to say, not to mention that it's not very constructive as it relates to his original question. Think about it this way - what would your reaction be, brakel, if someone said to you, "You should care more about your scores. Why don't you ever try to get to the top of the leaderboards?" Kind of ridiculous when you turn it around, isn't it? You're basically saying to someone, "You should change your personality and/or who you are."

For some of us, fun is only had when we play well... and there's nothing wrong with that.

OK, that's it. I just had to get that out.

It was just a suggestion. This forum is an exchange of ideas. People make suggestions here and there.

We can't personally fix the leader board. He said that "he plays to post" high scores. I thought that while the leader board didn't work that he might try playing just for the fun of playing and that he might find that more rewarding in the long run. Anyway, that was my thought process.

Clawhammer

Nov 1, 2012
This happened to me with Dr. Dude/Firepower, iPhone 4S, newest software. I understand that bumps in the road happen, but having this issue fresh after the release of a new DLC and having it go unfixed for days really takes some of the enjoyment out of it for me.

Last edited:

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Same here, TPA HOF board doesn't register my most current total, only the "friends" filter shows the score correctly. Hope they solve this soon. Gamecenter does work though, so I'll camp out there for a while
Slam23

Ps I would think that when the servers are up again, they will pick up our new scores?

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Ps I would think that when the servers are up again, they will pick up our new scores?

In an ideal world yes but I doubt it, pretty sure scores are only sent when they are set. I know that's how it works if we set a high score while offline, last week I set a pretty good TZ score on my iPad while away from wifi and hoped that would make its way to the leaderboard once back to wifi but no, it doesn't work that way. Maybe Farsight need to add some kind of sync option to sync local high scores with the leaderboards.

Mark Miwurdz

Apr 7, 2012
In an ideal world yes but I doubt it, pretty sure scores are only sent when they are set. I know that's how it works if we set a high score while offline, last week I set a pretty good TZ score on my iPad while away from wifi and hoped that would make its way to the leaderboard once back to wifi but no, it doesn't work that way. Maybe Farsight need to add some kind of sync option to sync local high scores with the leaderboards.

Oh, no they don't. Would be monstrous.

K

Korven

Sv: Exactly how long does it take for your score to show on leaderboards?

It sure would boost pro mode sells :rolleyes:

Ccavsman

Feb 11, 2013
Don't think the leaderboards are ever going to sync up.... My HOF score is off now too. Losing interest... Fast.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Oh, no they don't. Would be monstrous.

Please explain? I don't see a downside to this as long as its done correctly and isn't exploitable. I'm just talking of syncing up your high score for a table where for whatever reason your high score didn't get sent to the leaderboards, i.e. you were offline at the time or as it is at the moment there's a problem with the leaderboards.

Last edited:

laughing_lunatic

Jun 6, 2012
I don't get the leaderboards at all... 3 things make me not even pay any attention:

1. On ToM for instance, I have a high score of 4.2B... yet on the leaderboards it only shows my previous high score of 3.5B

2. I don't care that I'm 4927th on a given table.

3. The high scores on any given table seem to go (in reverse order) 7.2B, 8.4B, 465,987,098,375,389,063 (Mobile) - yeah, sure.

Mark Miwurdz

Apr 7, 2012
Please explain? I don't see a downside to this as long as its done correctly and isn't exploitable. I'm just talking of syncing up your high score for a table where for whatever reason your high score didn't get sent to the leaderboards, i.e. you were offline at the time or as it is at the moment there's a problem with the leaderboards.

Off the top of my head, consider the Monster Ball jackpot glitch. The updates may have removed it from the other platforms, but it's still there on the 360. It will likely get patched in the future, BUT, patdhes on the 360 can be easily removed by clearing the cache (not sure about other platforms). What's to stop someone removing the patch, getting a major score offline, then reconnecting and posting that score?

I'm sure there are people out there who can manipulate the code aswell and this would make it easier. They introduced a save fearure on FX2 (allowing people to create a save file and tinker with it how they want) and look at some of cheated scores on their leaderboards.

Bad idea.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
Off the top of my head, consider the Monster Ball jackpot glitch. The updates may have removed it from the other platforms, but it's still there on the 360. It will likely get patched in the future, BUT, patdhes on the 360 can be easily removed by clearing the cache (not sure about other platforms). What's to stop someone removing the patch, getting a major score offline, then reconnecting and posting that score?

I'm sure there are people out there who can manipulate the code aswell and this would make it easier. They introduced a save fearure on FX2 (allowing people to create a save file and tinker with it how they want) and look at some of cheated scores on their leaderboards.

Bad idea.

There's 2 things in my statement that you obviously didn't read or at least take notice of ' Done correctly ' and ' not exploitable '. If Farsight can do that then do it, if they can't then everything you said makes sence.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
so are the leaderboards working or not? If not why not? Why have they not been fixed by now? I've not seen a response from FR regarding the leaderboards so far.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
so are the leaderboards working or not? If not why not? Why have they not been fixed by now? I've not seen a response from FR regarding the leaderboards so far.

I don't know about right now as I have not set a score today but yesterday they were not working.

Mark Miwurdz

Apr 7, 2012
There's 2 things in my statement that you obviously didn't read or at least take notice of ' Done correctly ' and ' not exploitable '. If Farsight can do that then do it, if they can't then everything you said makes sence.

There is at least one 'hacked' score on the leadeboards already.

Tony C

Feb 20, 2012
Now that I think about it, during the last tournament, I had issues with half of the tables not posting scores to the leader boards. I don't really pay attention to leader boards unless Im in a tournament. Hardly anyone else was having issues then, based on the lack of comments to my post about it. Whatever the problem is, it must be getting more widespread which doesn't make sense to me.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Has ANYBODY here had a new high score make it to the leaderboards since this past Saturday?

If you have, please specify the device and table, if you can.

None of the new high scores I've had since then (PS3) have appeared on the leaderboards--one on RBION and two on Big Shot.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts