Exactly how long does it take for your score to show on leaderboards?

Clawhammer

Nov 1, 2012
I would really appreciate an answer from FS on the nature of this problem and their projected timeline for fixing it. This is a major game issue that's leaving a lot of people frustrated and alienated, myself included. I'm usually very forgiving of bugs and what not because TPA is a great product, but the amount of time this has been going on without so much as an email or post about it is unacceptable imo. It's essentially a game breaking bug across all tables, every game, for anyone that pays attention to the leader boards. One of my favorite parts of new DLCs is watching peoples progress and scores with the new tables and competing, and this issue makes that an impossibility. End rant.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
yeah lack of response or update is frustrating. So annoying to get a decent score and find it never gets onto leaderboards.

If FR have closed them for maintenance then fair enough, but please tell us. Acknowledgment of the problem would be nice

Ccavsman

Feb 11, 2013
Nope, no scores are posting for me. 2 days ago i sent this to steve@farsightstudios.com, because I could never send to support@pinballarcade.com. Somebody suggested trying Steve. I sent him the problem:

Device/OS: IOS 6.1. Ipad3

Bug Description: not posting my scores on the 'myscore' boards for the weekly, monthly alltime, boards. For some reason the 'friends' board has me (ccavsman) at no. 1, but I am not located on the 'myscore' boards for these postings after Feb 18.

Steps To Reproduce: Scored 1,241,690 on the Black Hole machine. 'Friends' board has me no 1., but when checking the 'myscore' boards where i should be somewhere with that score I already looked to see if it was high enough for the boards), its showing the current 1 - 8 players for the timeperiod, but should be showing my personal score and where it is ranked.

Frequency: Every high score so far not posting to 'myscores', etc. leaderboards, but it shows in Friends as no. 1.

Additional Comments: It's weird that it is showing the current 1- 8 players where it usually shows my rank(in yellow). When I scroll down to where I should be, I'm not there. It shows my older scores on certain machines when Farsight was posting my scores fine. I play to post in the leaderboards.

Thank you!

I noticed the problem started Feb 18th, 2013. This is what I sent Steve, and still waiting to hear from him. Yeah, if the server is down, or there are application changes being made at this point after almost a week of leaderboards being mucked up, at least Farsight could TELL us whats up.

Last edited:

Ccavsman

Feb 11, 2013
I would really appreciate an answer from FS on the nature of this problem and their projected timeline for fixing it. This is a major game issue that's leaving a lot of people frustrated and alienated, myself included. I'm usually very forgiving of bugs and what not because TPA is a great product, but the amount of time this has been going on without so much as an email or post about it is unacceptable imo. It's essentially a game breaking bug across all tables, every game, for anyone that pays attention to the leader boards. One of my favorite parts of new DLCs is watching peoples progress and scores with the new tables and competing, and this issue makes that an impossibility. End rant.

Yes, Thank You!

Ccavsman

Feb 11, 2013
Ok, I definitely think they are working on it for sure. The option of 'Post Processing' is always on 'OFF' whenever I get into the app. I turn it 'ON', and go to a machine, back out to the options and it's 'OFF' again. So, I bet Farsights controlling that option for everybody, thus allowing no 'POSTING' to the leaderboards right now. I think it's a good find because at least I think they know about the issue for sure by doing this.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Ok, I definitely think they are working on it for sure. The option of 'Post Processing' is always on 'OFF' whenever I get into the app. I turn it 'ON', and go to a machine, back out to the options and it's 'OFF' again. So, I bet Farsights controlling that option for everybody, thus allowing no 'POSTING' to the leaderboards right now. I think it's a good find because at least I think they know about the issue for sure by doing this.

"Post processing" is a graphics term, meaning that the computing device does additional effects processing to the screen image after it has been rendered in the main rendering pass; on the PS3, for instance, at 1080p there is a single frame delay due to post processing for the HDR or whatnot lighting effect. I don't have the IPad version, but from the sound of it, that option probably doesn't have anything to do with the leaderboards.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I don't have the IPad version, but from the sound of it, that option probably doesn't have anything to do with the leaderboards.

That is correct. "Post processing" has nothing to do with the leaderboards.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Ok thanks.. Why does mine keep turning off then?

I was wondering the same. It stays on on mine.

P.S. You don't want it on anyways. It doesn't work very well. Makes all the tables choppy.

Last edited:

Ccavsman

Feb 11, 2013
Thanks, yeah it sure does...it actually slows play down for a fraction of a second too. There is a noticable ball/table speed difference between the two settings.

dariodeltemple

Feb 25, 2013
Thanks for the update!.

You might want to mention this in the Facebook page also, several players there are commenting/asking abut the issue.

Regards.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
I'm interested to know whether this is hardware related, infrastructure related OR whether a developer made a change which has broken the leaderboards.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts