Exploring tables in New Zealand

leannaray

Sep 21, 2014
Hi! My brother and I have tried a few real life tables. That was fun! We're both pinball fanatics! Ha ha ha!

So I thought maybe I could sort of put together a bit of a list of the venues where all the pinball tables are in New Zealand, where we're living at the moment. At least all the ones I can find anyway! :)

I think it might be fun to go around New Zealand with my brother playing every pinball table we can find! Ha ha ha ha! Then I'll do the same in Illinois when we get back home.

The ones I've collected so far are on https://sites.google.com/site/nzpinballexploration/

If you live in New Zealand, or just visiting, the list will show you where all the pinball tables are!

If you find any errors or omissions, let me know. Or if you find a table that is not working properly, let me know that too. Then I can update the list.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Hi! My brother and I have tried a few real life tables. That was fun! We're both pinball fanatics! Ha ha ha!

So I thought maybe I could sort of put together a bit of a list of the venues where all the pinball tables are in New Zealand, where we're living at the moment. At least all the ones I can find anyway! :)

I think it might be fun to go around New Zealand with my brother playing every pinball table we can find! Ha ha ha ha! Then I'll do the same in Illinois when we get back home.

The ones I've collected so far are on https://sites.google.com/site/nzpinballexploration/

If you live in New Zealand, or just visiting, the list will show you where all the pinball tables are!

If you find any errors or omissions, let me know. Or if you find a table that is not working properly, let me know that too. Then I can update the list.

How is the PinSide PinFinder for NZ? There are some sites listed on the PinSide Pinfinder already.

https://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play?searchterm=New+Zealand#results

If your site has missing entries, it would be great to get PinSide updated with the latest findings. Pinheads in NZ that find their way to PinSide by Google's ranking system would really appreciate it, I bet.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
How is the PinSide PinFinder for NZ? There are some sites listed on the PinSide Pinfinder already.

If your site has missing entries, it would be great to get PinSide updated with the latest findings. Pinheads in NZ that find their way to PinSide by Google's ranking system would really appreciate it, I bet.

I'm really bad for keeping the Glasgow Pinformer listings up-to-date. In my defence, the operator swaps them regularly.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Good on the operator! Fresh pinball is always the best. ;)

I agree... mostly. But the feeling when one of your favourites is swapped out is crushing. I'll never forget the day Spider-Man disappeared. I was getting so close to getting my name in the high scores, too. I still miss it :(

leannaray

Sep 21, 2014

Hi Jared! Thanks for the tip. The more details I can get, the better! (I'm very surprised, though, that Pinside has only about 16 tables in their list for New Zealand - I have over 200 in mine!) If my brother and I travel through New Zealand, we'll update Pinside with every pinball table we play!)

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
I played Mousin' Around at a con. Pretty fun, but that starting quote begins to grate. And I heard it a lot. Those era tables are a lot tougher in real life!

leannaray

Sep 21, 2014
I played Mousin' Around at a con. Pretty fun, but that starting quote begins to grate. And I heard it a lot. Those era tables are a lot tougher in real life!

I hope Farsight do Mousin' Around (and Spider-Man too, of course) sooner or later.

(And do keep Pinside for Glasgow up-to-date if you can - accurate info about the tables there will help a lot of people who love pinball.)

Last edited:

leannaray

Sep 21, 2014
Nice work man! I look forward to hearing about your further adventures.

Hi Jeff! My brother and I checked out two pinball machines recently, and updated the website.
"Elvis" at Kapiti Tenpin Bowling, 1 Te Tupe Rd, Nikau Valley, Paraparaumu, is working okay, and
"Fish Tales" at Waikanae Beach Takeaways, 40 Rangihiroa St, Waikanae Beach was working okay on the 10th (it was out of order on the 18th, but will be repaired soon)

During the next week or so we plan to check out an "Addams Family" pinball machine at Hell Pizza in Palmerston North - but which Hell Pizza is it? There's a Hell Pizza at 122 Fergusson Street, Manawatu, and there's another Hell Pizza at 96 Taonui St, Palmerston North.

There's another pinball machine we should check out while we're there, which is "Star Trek: The Next Generation" at "Tranzit Coachlines" (airport shuttle service) 33 Matipo St, Takaro, Palmerston North.

leannaray

Sep 21, 2014
Good to hear! Hell Pizza is a chain restaurant there? Seems like an interesting name, heh.

But check out the link for "Hell Pizza" on my website - they're hell to work for!

Our grandpa just told me he went into a new venue that they're just opening up, and said "Wow, this place is big! You've got plenty of room for a pinball machine in here!" and they said "We're getting one in!"

So soon we'll have another venue to include in the list!

It's the venue on http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-pos...nua-mail/9847201/New-pub-opened-in-old-Oxford

leannaray

Sep 21, 2014
Hi Jeff! My brother and I think we've hit the jackpot with a collector at the Manapouri Caravan Park who is happy to let the public play his pinball machines. He's got Dracula, Doctor Dude, Klondike, Rollergames and Swords of Fury. I'm hoping FarSight will copy the last three and add them to the Pinball Arcade collection.

leannaray

Sep 21, 2014
We're back! After my brother and I checked in to the motel, guess what we did first! After we freshened up, we went and played the Elvis pinball!

We also checked out the "Fish Tales" at Waikanae but they're closed till the 28th! We've had such fun on this whole trip!

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts