Farsight Halloween Mod table (Ghostbusters)

Status
Not open for further replies.

karl

May 10, 2012
We now know that Farsight will release a table next month, probably based on a Sony license. In the latest interview we learned that this will not be a completely new table, but a mod table.

This will probably be on a stand-alone app.

Big question: Will it be based on a table they have already done or something new? A Ghostbusters table based on Indiana Jones, The Shadow or something else that they can not do the original table for would be a blast.

Any takers on the subject???

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I think Ghostbusters fits as well. It's a Sony license and it's ghostly theme would make for a good October app.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
I'm not expecting a good table, by any means, but they can certainly try.

If they totally do an original table, with the help from some of the well known pinball creators, then I can see a good thing. If NOT, than I'm not expecting much.

karl

May 10, 2012
I agree that the theme will probably be Ghostbusters, but what pin will it be based on?(this is not a completely new table. It is based on another pinball table)

Much more fun if it is a table that there is no hope of seeing in the future, than something we have played already. Would Williams even agree to let them copy the design of something like The Shadow with a new theme?

Since they only do table recreations that they have the original machine in the studio for, I guess it will be something we have already played.

karl

May 10, 2012
That one looks stunning! Great find. Is it based on Flash Gordon? Looks familiar.

soundwave106

Nov 6, 2013
I agree that the theme will probably be Ghostbusters, but what pin will it be based on?(this is not a completely new table. It is based on another pinball table)

I'm guessing a Stern table, because:
A) They are still around and have access to ROM compilers etc.
B) Farsight and Stern have connections with each other
C) Past reports indicate Stern is looking into the digital pinball market
D) Stern has re-used layouts several times before (including one-offs) so it's not like this would be new
E) The whole assumption for this is: I'm guessing it's easier to simply code a new ROM, plug into an existing emulation engine, and redo some of the 3D models than try and wire everything from scratch. From this, I'm guessing that an active company who still remembers how to compile their ROM is an easier choice than an old ROM, whose ancient dev tools are probably stored on some dusty floppy somewhere in the Wms/Bally/DE/Gottlieb vaults. :)

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
We now know that Farsight will release a table next month, probably based on a Sony license. In the latest interview we learned that this will not be a completely new table, but a mod table.

This will probably be on a stand-alone app.

Big question: Will it be based on a table they have already done or something new? A Ghostbusters table based on Indiana Jones, The Shadow or something else that they can not do the original table for would be a blast.

Any takers on the subject???

From two tables a month (one new, one PHoF), to one new table a month, to originals???? Sorry, but Zen has the originals covered. The only reason I was into TPA was for the recreations of classic tables.

Looks like TAF will be my lone season 4 TPA purchase, and maybe my last.

karl

May 10, 2012
Why? They are still recreating classic tables, like you want them to

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
If they are going to do mods, might as well use tables that will never see the light of day in tpa like all the Disney/marvel tables.

karl

May 10, 2012
Agree! I think this is a one off kinda thing for Halloween, though. But who knows, if it sells well :)

Dr. who, Indiana Jones or Shadow would be my pick

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
From two tables a month (one new, one PHoF), to one new table a month, to originals???? Sorry, but Zen has the originals covered. The only reason I was into TPA was for the recreations of classic tables.

Looks like TAF will be my lone season 4 TPA purchase, and maybe my last.

The original table that FarSight is releasing next month is a stand alone table and is not a part of The Pinball Arcade, which will only contain real world table recreations for the duration if its lifespan, so I really don't see how a side project of FarSight would sway you from buying any more of their real world table recreations via The Pinball Arcade.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
I agree that the theme will probably be Ghostbusters, but what pin will it be based on?

I could see them messing around with "Haunted House" or something similar.

Would be interesting if it was this table : http://youtu.be/mnPC9qEh-kM

That would be nice!

The original table that FarSight is releasing next month is a stand alone table and is not a part of The Pinball Arcade, which will only contain real world table recreations for the duration if its lifespan, so I really don't see how a side project of FarSight would sway you from buying any more of their real world table recreations via The Pinball Arcade.

No kidding.

Listen, I don't like going down to 1 table either, but Season 3 has been an A+ all around, from graphics, to table choice, etc. Plus, like Pin said, the original table will be separate from TPA. It's not something I'd want when they have so much going on at the moment (Xbox360/XboxONE/PS4 updating/ etc etc), but if they wanna do it, who cares?

I'm just happy they're still around, releasing hard to find and insanely expensive pinball tables.

Last edited:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Ghostbusters table based on a Doctor Who Mod would be my wish.

I'd be onboard with that. Dr Who is a good layout and we might never see the real thing. For the same reasons, Karl's suggestion of Indiana Jones would also rock.

Have they mentioned if it will have a DMD? I'm assuming not, but that is just my gut feeling.

Last edited:

Dedpop

Jun 3, 2014

Much more fun if it is a table that there is no hope of seeing in the future, than something we have played already. Would Williams even agree to let them copy the design of something like The Shadow with a new theme?

Since they only do table recreations that they have the original machine in the studio for, I guess it will be something we have already played.

Ghostbusters would make sense (the 30th anniversary of the movie stuff...) and I agree about the fact that it will be based on something we have already played in TPA.
For a first try, they maybe should work with something they already have under control...

Last edited:

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
I'd be inboard with that. Dr Who is a good layout and we might never see the real thing. For the same reasons, Karl's suggestion of Indiana Jones would also rock.

Have they mentioned if it will have a DMD? I'm assuming not, but that is just my gut feeling.

The DMD is the thing that gives me pause, since it is so integral to Doctor Who. But you could do the Master as Gozer and the Daleks as Stay Puft or the demon dogs. hopefully it's not an original table like sorcerer. I'd be okay with Street Fighter 2, Super Mario or Guns n Roses, all tables that we'll never see in TPA but would be cool to have. i feel like The Shadow is doable since alec baldwin is only on the back glass and they've set a precedent with changing Christopher Llyod in TAF.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
The special halloween table will probably be scripted instead of emulated. this lets them keep the layout, but change the rules and graphics easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Members online