Farsight in the Process of Ordering Virtual Pinball Cabinet!!!!

Dumpstar

Apr 17, 2012
Damn, I just want the instructions so I can organise someone to make it, cause no way could I afford the shipping to Australia (or the price a reseller would put on it).

EDIT: Damn they charge through the nose. Definitely would be better to make it myself or organise one of cabinet makers here in Oz to replicate the design.

Last edited:

karl

May 10, 2012
Dumpstar, you should contact Paul at virtuapin. I might remember wrong but I believe I did read somewhere that they are in the process of starting up an Australian store for their products.

There are of course others on the market but no-one that I have seen comes close to the quality he offers. One other option is to order the doityourself kit if you want to save some money.

Today is the day when I get my Virtuapin 37" extreme model with the new plunger/tilt system. Pretty excited by that :)

Mick Morry

Jun 9, 2013
I was wondering about if he meant that. I was thinking the $500 shipping had to be for something a little more heavy than a 10 lb ipad mini cab. LOL

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
Yes I am talking about the Virtua Pin Mini table that Kolchak directed you to. This thing is built like a tank. Two people definitely needed to lift and move it. Was delivered in a crate to me. Highly recommend it. Full size if you have the room.

FarSight is going to love playing their tables on their new cabinet.

Last edited:

karl

May 10, 2012
Don't I know it DaPinballWizzard. I spent a few hours managing mine all by myself today. Was supposed to get help, but he did not show, that bastard. The carrier refused to even help me in the front door. The package= 186 kg/410 lbs.
Took forever to just get it out of the box. It was sealed like it was going to war :) Then it was the small matter of getting it up to my flat on the third floor. Felt pretty good when it was finally up and running.

Man, it is a spectacular machine to look at. Tomorrow evening will be game day, to the end of the day and then some :D

Larry

Jul 4, 2013
I finally tried turning my monitor to portrait to get a feel for the whole business. OMG I may never turn back. It's hard not to want to get one setup and running once you see the differences.

Geez those things are expensive though, if I build one, I wonder how my wife's going to like watching the HDTV in a pin cab....if I can only get it to flip up and rotate...hmm :p

Go FarSight! I think this has some major potential for the "money is no object" market that exists around these machines. The virtual pin era is just beginning imho. As the "real things" get scarcer and harder to maintain, it's obvious where the future lies as a whole new generation carries on the "before video games were cool" game of choice.
I also had to laugh when I saw the "no pinball tables included" in the virtua pin ad. It would be awesome if the major pin companies would allow for some nifty personal use ROM licensing in the future but if FarSight does this right, it's good bye VP for me! As much as I enjoy my custom home-brewed tables, you can only get so much at free-sounds.org :p

goforthewall

Feb 21, 2012
It would be awesome if the major pin companies would allow for some nifty personal use ROM licensing in the future but if FarSight does this right, it's good bye VP for me!

Or FarSight could become an official license partner of VirtuaPin and deliver a special cabinet demo version of TPA pre-installed on *every* VirtuaPin sold. That would be a good marketing move :)

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Geez those things are expensive though, if I build one, I wonder how my wife's going to like watching the HDTV in a pin cab....if I can only get it to flip up and rotate...hmm :p

Go FarSight! I think this has some major potential for the "money is no object" market that exists around these machines. The virtual pin era is just beginning imho. As the "real things" get scarcer and harder to maintain, it's obvious where the future lies as a whole new generation carries on the "before video games were cool" game of choice.
I also had to laugh when I saw the "no pinball tables included" in the virtua pin ad. It would be awesome if the major pin companies would allow for some nifty personal use ROM licensing in the future but if FarSight does this right, it's good bye VP for me! As much as I enjoy my custom home-brewed tables, you can only get so much at free-sounds.org :p

It's the VP community that created/pioneered the cabinet scene and I know Virtuapin wouldn't exist today without. As much as I would love Farsight to produce every table created in VP there are just too many so it won't ever happen. There are so many EMs and early solid states VP will live on for those at least. Plus the VP lighting in the recent tables is still better than FSs PC so it will help kick FS up the backside to get the new DirectX in. :)

If you need tips on how to deal with the wife and the HD TV going into a cabinet the VP community must have a 'how to...' tutorial for that too :)

DaPinballWizard

Apr 16, 2012
"Or FarSight could become an official license partner of VirtuaPin and deliver a special cabinet demo version of TPA pre-installed on *every* VirtuaPin sold. That would be a good marketing move :)"

I would assume something like that is or has already been worked out. I imagine they will be working together. A win win for both sides and all of us.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
So has anyone seen the elusive Cab at the Expo!? If only I wasn't 5000 miles away I would be there. :)

Roo

Jul 5, 2013
So has anyone seen the elusive Cab at the Expo!? If only I wasn't 5000 miles away I would be there. :)

I will look for it when I go tomorrow. I saw on the schedule that Farsight is doing a talk about the making of TPA today. I'm disappointed I won't get to see that.

Members online

Members online