PC - Request Farsight, please put TPA on Steam Greenlight!

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
I'm going to guess the PC version isn't actually ready so they can't put it up.
I don't think Greenlight is there for games that are ready, just games that hope to be put up on Steam eventually, I think.

I just saw this comment on a video for the new Pro Pinball Kickstarter:
"Please release on PC, I'm sure you'll still beat the Pinball Arcade to market"

I laughed, then I cried. I seriously can't believe we literally haven't had any news on this yet.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Been one week since Greenlight came out. WHERE IS IT???? By the way, found a discussion in Greenlight for Pinball Arcade; just search for it.

EDIT: You guys are already behind Pro Pinball! What gives?

Last edited:

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Come on guys! $100 isn't THAT big of a deal. If you put it up by launch, guess how many supporters you would have? Very few. And it would be delayed EVEN FURTHER because of insufficient supporters. If you put it up now, you would probably have many more than when it's ready. Please, I don't want to wait for this game further than launch in November (and most others too), and it's better to put it up now than by launch. Silverball has done its job by putting the Pro Pinball games up early, and you should too.

jkonami

Apr 4, 2012
The first 10 games got greenlighted today, so it's already working out for some. Some games didn't even have 100% of votes needed, Project Zomboid was around 30% and was one of the games greenlit. If you go to check it out, definitely show some love for Pro-Pinball!

jrolson

Feb 28, 2012
Even if it did go up, it would take months or even years to get enough votes to be put on Steam... It would be better & faster to find a different distributor.

Pro Pinball on Greenlight hasn't even reached 1% of the votes needed yet... at this rate it will be here 2015.

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
What other distribution is possible? Remember TPA requires an in-app payment infrastructure, which Steam and maybe Origin have. Steam would be preferable as most look at Origin with distate (EA and all).

I suppose GoG might be an option, but you can probably bet that TPA will probably be pirated to heck and back.

It's ironic that Valve is advertising Steam as an alternative to walled gardens of Apple and Microsoft, yet they refuse to host a developer wanting their whole system. Hell, they could move the Mac version to Steam as well. They even had a term for moving an indie game to Steam.

TPA might be one of the few games where it's on every platform EXCEPT PC. Usually you need PC credentials to get to consoles. I can't imagine what Valve is doing considering TPA and PHoF are on consoles, so it's not like FS is some random two-bit developer.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I don't feel the sense of urgency for the PC platform since I own 2 copies of every table available to me but I do hope they will reveal a plan soon. I'm sure they either have one or are working on one. In a way, I kind of wish they would bite the bullet and distribute it themselves, though I understand that they don't have the headroom for that.

Arcflup

May 19, 2012
I've been eagerly awaiting the PC version because I'm really pissed off with all the approval cobblers on the consoles, so, having spotted this greenlight thingy I just joined Steam to cast my vote.

Apparently:

"Your account does not have sufficient privileges to perform this action. To access all features of Steam, simply purchase a game from the Steam store, redeem a Gift on Steam, complete a microtransaction, or activate a retail game on Steam."

They can kiss my fat hairy arse.

Looks like you'll have to do it without my help fellas.

unclewilly

Feb 20, 2012
So oct 15 they are supposed to be adding more greenlight games to steam.

Anyone have any idea of the possibility of tpa being added at this time.

The whole wait for the pc version is really becoming quite a joke.

Klopek

Apr 29, 2012
The whole wait for the pc version is really becoming quite a joke.

Yep. If it doesn't get through on the 15th I might as well buy one of the console versions. Also note that of the last (and first) bunch of greenlighted games, only one is currently available. So, even if it does get through I don't know how long we'll be left waiting...

Freelance

Feb 28, 2012
Yup same here. I've been wanting the 3DS and PC versions but since they're still up in the air, I finally broke down and bought it on PS3 instead. I have a Vita now though so I spend my time playing it there. I'll still buy it on PC when it comes out but I'm in a 'meh' mood about it now that I have other means to play it on.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.