Votes: 6 1.8%
  • Xenon™

Votes: 120 35.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

karl

May 10, 2012
Since there is no Fathom at this party, Paragon got my vote.(would also love to see Future Spa but fat chance that is gonna win) Xenon = ok, but a bit overrated and it is also a cheater (released at the end of 1980)

So many classics on this poll. I wish we could have them all :D

This is how I rank them (all of them great machines)

1. Paragon
2. Future Spa
3. Joker Poker
4. Centrigrade 37
5. Royal Flush
6. Flash
7. Mata Hari
8. Xenon
9. Spirit of 76
10. Fireball
11. Time Warp

Last edited:

karl

May 10, 2012
I want another poll from Farsight:

Name your favorite 1981 machine that we will be recreating for TPA. We here at Farsight really appreciate this particular year in pinball and we have decided to do one new poll every year until we have covered all that happened in pinball in 1981 ;)

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
actually if xenon is included gimmie alien poker

Amen! Btw, I hope that sending all the FB users over here to vote doesn't mean we will get the same moronic posts as FS's FB page. Did that happen last time their was the poll that Diner won?

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
No doubt Xenon will win, but I voted for Spirit of '76. Need some EM's. And I know Royal Flush is an EM.

Honorable mentions for Flash and Future Spa.

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
I want Joker Poker, but it'll never happen :/

Paragon will get my vote instead, just for you hairy.

Royal Flush would be near the top for me too.

I'll give my vote for Paragon too. IMO Xenon has nice artwork; however; the Paragon play field, looks like a lot more fun to play. My first pick is the same as you Jeff, Joker Poker. I also gave my vote to Paragon for game play and Mr. Heretic.

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
I'll give my vote for Paragon too. IMO Xenon has nice artwork; however; the Paragon play field, looks like a lot more fun to play. My first pick is the same as you Jeff, Joker Poker. I also gave my vote to Paragon for game play and Mr. Heretic.

Very sound reasoning Frank. Hope you had a nice Christmas.

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
1017566_851086654912396_1835635461476969842_n.jpg

Thanks for setting this up Jeff. Can't wait to get a new, older, hope EM table!! Hope you had a nice Christmas as well.

Lord Boron

Apr 18, 2012
Xenon looks cools, but it's actually kind of dull to play. Future Spa all the way. I recommend checking out the tutorial on PAPA.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Amen! Btw, I hope that sending all the FB users over here to vote doesn't mean we will get the same moronic posts as FS's FB page. Did that happen last time their was the poll that Diner won?

no worries fegan if tgey do tgey dont last long thanks to the mod team, of course the sane ones can join heh but anytime i think im nuts i read farsights facebook always good for a laugh or to dispair at humanity

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
no worries fegan if tgey do tgey dont last long thanks to the mod team, of course the sane ones can join heh but anytime i think im nuts i read farsights facebook always good for a laugh or to dispair at humanity

Dude....it's like pulling ones fingernails off. It always amazes me how a dozen people ask the same damn question 12 times in a row rather then take 2 minutes and read a little bit of what other users have posted and already had answered. They still get requests for Adams Family. When Im in a particularly terse mood I fire back at these idiots and half the time the STILL don't get it. However, I always feel better. ;) that's all that matters at that point!!!

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I want centigrade 37 most but would love several others. Spirit of 76, fireball and flash would all be great. Paragon as well. I wish they would reboot this poll without xenon as it simply does not belong.

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
I want centigrade 37 most but would love several others. Spirit of 76, fireball and flash would all be great. Paragon as well. I wish they would reboot this poll without xenon as it simply does not belong.

I agree 100% as it would be most like made anyway. I want a good, old fashioned, beautiful artwork, table!! Paragon, joker poker, spirit of 76 etc. sometimes you just wanna play PINBALL and not worry about some intricate rules. I know a lot of you know what I mean, so please, vote for something other then xenon. I'm sure you'll get it eventually but let's get a fun table that we can just bash the ball if we want to!!!! Central Park is great but I'd love a new choice in the mix. Please!!!!!

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Xenon should not be on here. Its manufacture date was not until late 1980. Project date (which is 11/26/79) says nothing more to me than that's when, according to Bally records, money was being devoted to this game. Doesn't mean that's the date that Greg Kmiec started thinking about the layout or concept. Just the audio of the game alone makes it very different than any of the other games listed on here (even Flash and Time Warp) and gives it, IMO, an unfair advantage. This is especially true in the case of those who have not played most, if not all, of these games in real life.

F*ck, Paragon is a WAY better player than Xenon and has much more lastibility. Xenon is gorgeous looking pin with no better than average gameplay. For me, even the real thing wouldn't last long in my house. That's why I bought an old, well used, playfield that I have hanging next to my games. Pretty to look at but not much more.

My pick: Fireball, because it deserves it. Sits at the top of many "best EM" lists. A superb and super hard player that keeps you coming back for more.

Last edited:

ZenTron

Jul 21, 2013
I hope overtime all these pins get added!

I voted for Paragon because its a big machine and unlikely id ever own something like that.

diablomozart

Aug 13, 2012
i voted flash...xenon was a decent game...i don't remember paragon all that well but pretty sure i played it in the dark ages...flash, while not the prettiest, ate tons of my quarters and i remember it being pretty fast and challenging...so even though it doesn't have a prayer, i had to show my support for it lol...d.m.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
As much as Xenon would have normally gotten my vote, I went with Fireball. I had a chance to play one, and where normally I hate those tiny flippers, it became a whole new game once they moved in on each other, hence the 'zipper flippers'. Throw in the spinning disk, it becomes a lot more fun than your typical EM.

The only other EM that remotely interested me was Joker Poker, which looked way better than Royal Flush or 1776. I've played Paragon, and to me it's just another table of frustration that would remind people of Genie. Future Spa is a s-l-o-w table, so I'll give Paragon that.

Never seen Time Warp, Centigrade 37, or Flash in any form so I didn't even consider. I have seen Mata Hari, but it doesn't hold a candle to any of the others I actually considered.

So yeah, I won't be sad if Xenon wins, but I did wanna throw my support towards Fireball to make a case for it later.

Sbowles06

Oct 9, 2012
I Love FLASH It was the first electronic background noise making machine. Played it for years. Also loved mata hari.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.