FarSight's Twelve Days of Christmas Facebook Promo (2014)

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Well day three a tournament. Wow that's a surprise! Can't wait to see what they have tomorrow

Who knows what the prize could be...maybe a Season 3 or even 4 pass for the platform of choice?

Although I'm disappointed on today and tomorrow, it'd be great to see Starship Troopers come into the game! (I eagerly await each day to see what comes up... :D)

Again, what [MENTION=341]superballs[/MENTION] said.

JJH516

Banned
Jun 4, 2014
Tournament news is the biggest waste of time. I'd rather them not release anything at all.

Where is PAD?

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Now if it were a PC tournament, that would be noteworthy since we've mysteriously yet to see a single one.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
PAD - Pinball After Dark. A proposed app for TPA consisting of tables with more adult themes.

The question was "where" not "what".

PAD has, as far as anyone at FS has said, never gone beyond the "that's a good idea" stage. In fact it's probably one of those things they now regret making public.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
FarSight seems to be playing it safe this year. Instead of making claims they can't seem to keep as they have in the past (I've already posted at length about these-I'm winded LOL), they seem to be releasing information about tournaments and hinting at upcoming tables. I'm cautiously optimistic that FS seems to be learning its' lesson from previous lists.

I can handle that!:)

I think you're right. I'm fine with the giveaways and proposed new features, but it would be in their best interest to specify if it's imminent or something they'd like to implement some day.

The UI was the best news last year, IMO. Unfortunately I think staff turnover at FS hindered its progress. I would be very excited to hear about updated Vita portrait controls as well!

Garycope

Nov 5, 2013
What would be really nice on the 12th day give us earthshaker free for all platforms! Now that would be a real gift!

Garycope

Nov 5, 2013
Wow tomorrow I get to watch twitch and see the table I'm buying Friday. And then go to the online store and spend more money! Merry Christmas

Nolan

Jan 19, 2014
I was kinda amped to read the store announcement, then I saw it was cafe press, then I saw it was just a jpg of thier logo so I can be a walking advertisement.

Id be all for some proper pinball ip shirts though, MM, MB, any of the classics. Centaur shirt ASAP please!

Do they even have the rights to do such a thing?

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Id be all for some proper pinball ip shirts though, MM, MB, any of the classics. Centaur shirt ASAP please!

Do they even have the rights to do such a thing?

Unfortunately, no. I had a conversation along the same lines with a vendor at a show recently - official pinball T's are very hard to come by and you can't just set yourself up to print them.

JJH516

Banned
Jun 4, 2014
Unfortunately, no. I had a conversation along the same lines with a vendor at a show recently - official pinball T's are very hard to come by and you can't just set yourself up to print them.

Exactly. They would have to have exclusive merchandising rights built into their previous contracts, which I think it's pretty safe to assume they do not. (Or else we'd be seeing more than just the company logo on their merch.)

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
About Pinball after dark, when/if farsight gets a a license for a table that has adult content, that's when we'll see it. Maybe they were going for a license at the time that they didn't acquire, or maybe one they thought would'nt get approved to be released under regular app.
What PAD gives us/them at the moment is a possibility for all tables to be released, so they're not restricted in what licenses they go for and we aren't restricted in what tables we might request or wish for.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
About Pinball after dark, when/if farsight gets a a license for a table that has adult content, that's when we'll see it. Maybe they were going for a license at the time that they didn't acquire, or maybe one they thought would'nt get approved to be released under regular app.
What PAD gives us/them at the moment is a possibility for all tables to be released, so they're not restricted in what licenses they go for and we aren't restricted in what tables we might request or wish for.

I would like to see this and although it probably won't happen, it would be very nice if they could somehow integrate PAD with the normal TPA leaderboard system. Most likely they'll opt for separate leaderboards tied to the different apps. What do you guys think?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts