FarSight's Twelve Days of Christmas Facebook Promo (2014)

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Of course, now this sets a precedent. Now people will be waiting for the 12 days before buying tables. I personally only buy games during Steam sales, because this is the expectation Valve set.

Reagan Dow

Jul 23, 2014
Of course, now this sets a precedent. Now people will be waiting for the 12 days before buying tables. I personally only buy games during Steam sales, because this is the expectation Valve set.

I am jealous of your self control. Actually I have no problem paying $8 for the pro table each month. They way I look at is I'm supporting a small company doing what I love! And that's...,PINBALL! As everyone else loves as well!

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Well, when it comes to TPA, I actually have no self control. It's season pass for pc asap for me.

David T. Melnick

Jul 23, 2014
I'm probably gonna get boo'd for this but I think FS has done a really good job as of late adding tables every four to five weeks, getting the new gaming consoles on line which I've seen videos of and they blew me away. They will never be able to make everyone happy, and I've been guilty of griping now and then, only to learn it was something out of their control (Apple comes to mind). Quite frankly since we are here for one main reason, our love of pinball, I think we should be extremely grateful for the incredibly accurate reproductions of the tables that they release. So those of us that feel compelled to ***** about something next time should maybe take a step back and ask ourselves if it's really that big of a deal? Sorry about the rant but I needed to get it off my chest. They have been much better about being more open about their future plans for tables etc. I realize they have missed many release dates etc. but I also now realize it's mainly due to the manufactures of to whom they release their tables. Sure some tables have glitches, and sure we will all run into problems, but for relatively short money we get reproductions of some of the best pinball tables money can buy....and we don't have to repair them. Think about the last time you played pinball in an arcade.....there is always SOMETHING that is wrong with each and every table! Just give that some thought. Thanks for reading this post.
------
good show Reagan... ;)

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Hear hear! Although there is a business side to my "relationship" with Farsight, me being the customer who pays for a product that should work as promised, I feel foremost that I'm a fan of pinball and when I take that step back, I'm really happy with the fact that there is a company that caters to my hobby-taste. As a pinball enthusiast, I can judge also that TPA has made a lot of strides towards being a better product, the quality of the tables (which sometimes can still vary a bit) are ever on an upwards slope, physics getting better and getting near the challenge of real life pinball as much as can for an essentially non-random computer simulation. They could have just pumped out tables as long as there was a market, not making progress on the quality, and maybe went out of business a while ago because people would get fed up with it. I also think there are levels of irritation and feeling entitled to certain things that vary in their degree of being "just". I can't really stand reactions that for example deal with the time a table is released. TPA has not always been able to get things out at the time promised, but quite a few times because of variables out of their control. Could they be more communicative, have more PR savvy? I think so. Is it cause for acerbic Facebook posts? Not so much in my opinion. If you like what they are doing on a whole, it makes more sense to generate positive buzz for them than publicly take them down for some offense. I do take exception to tables that get released that are in essence broken, and that for a longer period of time after new updates and tables come out. But this has happened only once recently for me (POTO on iOS) and lead me for the first time to be a bit angry with Farsight. As said before, if they would communicate about this in a timely and orderly fashion (i.e. live up to promises), I could cut them some slack on that. Anyway, at the risk of repeating Reagan too much, I applaud the sentiment he expresses, good to hear that sound also from time to time!
Best math yet: for the price of a couple of real life games and maybe 2 beers, you can play that same table every day on the device of your choice for free! And it will stay there, free from maintenance, not taking up any more space than your device.... :)

Pinballfan69

Mar 28, 2012
Junkyard for $0.99 on iOS, Android, Amazon, and Steam!

I like what they're doing this year.

I guess it's ok for mobile apps etc. I'm want to get Season 3 as a whole and hope that will be at least %50. No use getting a table from that pack if I'm planning to get them all.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Junkyard for $0.99 on iOS, Android, Amazon, and Steam!

I like what they're doing this year.

My friend who lives in France was unable to buy SS or this on their sale days as they showed full price in the android play store. Exclusive for the US?

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
My friend tried over a 24 hour period as soon as sale was announced and Space Shuttle was never discounted. He went through as far as clicking purchase and the full price was shown in France on the Android playstore. It is a shame as he can take it or leave it and he wouldn't buy at the full price, but at least they would have got a sale from it. As it is now he tried so many times he is pi*sed off and probably won't go near the app again. They really don't help themselves do they?

JJH516

Banned
Jun 4, 2014
My friend tried over a 24 hour period as soon as sale was announced and Space Shuttle was never discounted. He went through as far as clicking purchase and the full price was shown in France on the Android playstore. It is a shame as he can take it or leave it and he wouldn't buy at the full price, but at least they would have got a sale from it. As it is now he tried so many times he is pi*sed off and probably won't go near the app again. They really don't help themselves do they?

Not really.

sid8580

Dec 3, 2014

Yes, i tryed the same (all the way until the steam overlay pop up and show the (normal) price). I am a little annoyed by this too. I was considering buying a new table at some point (or the whole Season 3) but now i think i wait until there is a euro promo. Or at least until next year. Its not that i know the 40 tables i have in and out, so they keep me busy for some time anyway.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
hiw are new users gonna see this anyway?

its like hey we know your all huge fans so heres what 80 percent of yiu already have!

or johnny sixpack could be like me pinball sense is tingling a token sale!

ermm to the batty****nuts cave!

i want my money back or else

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
hiw are new users gonna see this anyway?

its like hey we know your all huge fans so heres what 80 percent of yiu already have!

or johnny sixpack could be like me pinball sense is tingling a token sale!

ermm to the batty****nuts cave!

i want my money back or else

I have some friends who like playing my cabinet but they don't like it enough to build one themselves. A couple have the pinball arcade on Android, but only play the demos and ain't bothered by playing a full game (yes they are tight b*stards :)). When I saw the sale I told them and one of them said I will have it for that price. I guess at the end of the day it might make FS a few grand but that is money they will never get any other way from these tight wads. Saying it is on sale, when it isn't t just cheeses people off.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts