Favorite Non-English TV Shows?

Jutter

Dec 30, 2012
De Gouden Stuiver
Ren Je Rot
TV lost it's magical grip on me as years passed by, so these are two programs aimed at kids. I'll leave it up to other cloggies, to explain what was awesome about these two shows.

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Apart from "Riget", every Danish TV show ever has been absolutely horrible.

I watched the Stephen King adaptation mini-series before watching the original, and wow, the original was sooo much better. Awesome stuff.

Chris Dunman

Apr 11, 2012
In the uk way back in the 70’s we were subjected to a dubbed Robinson Crusoe, plus the weirdest show ever. Eastern Europe gave us ,The Singing Ringing Tree. Anyone remember that??

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
I watched the Stephen King adaptation mini-series before watching the original, and wow, the original was sooo much better. Awesome stuff.

Stephen King made an adaption of Riget? O_O
Sounds horrible.
Lars Von Trier's style is just so unique, you can't make a knock-off.

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Yeah, it was called "Kingdom Hospital." It was alright, assuming you've never seen the original. That's like most things American's adapt; they're alright, unless you've seen the original (and most never do).

N

netizen

I just watched the most intense movie I think I have ever seen.

The synopsis doesn't really make it sound that interesting
Incendies is a 2010 Canadian mystery drama film written and directed by Denis Villeneuve. Adapted from Wajdi Mouawad's play of the same name, Incendies follows the journey of twin brother and sister as they attempt to unravel the mystery of their mother's life.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incendies

N

netizen

Alright, I have to ask our Scandinavian friends something ... What's the deal with Arne Treholt?

Is he some sub-culture anti-hero that the film Norwegian Ninja was made? Is this some joke on everybody with all the Gladio references and current politics, or is it just American culture being thrown back at itself after films like FDR: American Bad Ass, or Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter, vs Zombies?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.