• Other

Votes: 7 10.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I don't get all the Xenon love. It looks fantastic, but I always find the play a bit dull. Is it the ramp tube or just a nostalgia thing? I know just about very arcade had one back in the day.

Sun Vulcan

Jun 28, 2012
I don't get all the Xenon love. It looks fantastic, but I always find the play a bit dull. Is it the ramp tube or just a nostalgia thing? I know just about very arcade had one back in the day.

I feel the same. Cool as a piece of art, but nothing more than that.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
if i knew you guys woukdnt vote for oaragon id never have joined this forum!

i want my miney back and im revoking your right to breath!

how ya like dem apples?

heberts811

Feb 26, 2012
I voted for Paragon but I also wouldn't mind seeing any Gottlieb wedgeheads from the 70's. Also if you read IPDB, Nov 1979 is when the project was started but it wasn't released until Nov 1980.

Gary

Last edited:

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I voted for Paragon but I also wouldn't mind seeing any Gottlieb wedgeheads from the 70's. Also if you read IPDB, Nov 1979 is when the project was started but it wasn't released until Nov 1980.

Gary

Exactly. Each table has an internal control number as well. this number is assigned on the project date which is the date the project becomes official. Even though a designer may have some concept art or design made prior to the project date, that is just work that May or may not be used. Nothing is moving forward until the project number is assigned.
A couple things to keep in mind is that tables do not necessarily come out in numerical order and the actual release of a later assigned table may come out first.

Xenon was approved to move forward in 1979. The table was not manufactured or released until 1980. In 1979 it was nothing more than a concept and many tables, despite becoming official projects, never make it to production. These all have a project date and model number but don't exist!

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012

It was the first game with a ramp and female voice I believe. Like any Bally from that time, great art but compared to any other Bally the gameplay is on the weak side. Still a good game but weak compared to some of the other offerings of that era.

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
New TPA table, that's fast! They must have forgotten that rotating disk in the hurry ;)

fireball.jpg

Is this legit?

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
No, he just messin with us. That is the home version of Fireball. Most true Fireball lovers hate the home edition as they removed all the fun stuff on the pin. Spinning disc gone, kickback gone, zipper flippers gone, 3 ball multiball gone, cool skillshot gone. night is just teasin Fireball fans.
You used to be able to buy the home version for around $250. Haven't seen any for sale lately, so I'm not sure if that is still the going rate.

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
Would be fine with most of these but really would like to see Fireball out initially. Hopefully this garners enough interest and sales to have them do some of these others down the road.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
Paragon has at least 4 votes on Facebook.
Fireball has at least 4.
Lost World has at least 4.
Xenon has at least 6, but if they call it a 1980 table..... Even so, I'd be fine with it.

This is of course using my rudimentary Facebook skills.

Last edited:

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
Would be fine with most of these but really would like to see Fireball out initially. Hopefully this garners enough interest and sales to have them do some of these others down the road.

Hopefully they do an early 80s SS soon. There really are so many good ones.

weirdproq

Sep 19, 2013
I guess I'll vote for Jive Time since no one has voted it yet, plus it's the only one I've ever played (in PHOF), besides Spirit of 76 in Microsoft's PA. I like Jive Time, it has a good challenge and has neat save ball posts that only seem to be on Williams/Bally games of this period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts