Favourite Animations and Light/Sound Shows

smooverr

Oct 28, 2012
Hey All,

Since I have nothing better to do right now I thought I'd pose a question to all of you, which you've probably already gathered from the title, but here goes:

What are your Favourite Mode/Multiball Starts and or Extra Ball Animations and Light/Sound Shows?

I have to say one of mine is the start of TZ's multiball "DONT TOUCH THE DOOR", the whole spiel is just awesome.

I also love beating the Ring Master on CV, spectacular show!

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
Favorite light shows:
  • Twilight Zone's Lost in the Zone
  • Cirqus Voltaire's Neon Multiball
  • The Addams Family's Mamushka (the flashers strobe in time to the music), and the multiball start
Favorite DMD animations:
  • The extra ball sequence in Attack from Mars
  • The glass-shattering sequence in Monster Bash when the Bride does her second "warm-up"
  • The MX missiles chasing the gophers around in No Good Gofers during Cart Attack

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
I love the lights in CV's "CIRQUS" following the balls when it hits the slingshots. A tiny detail, but it makes me happy every time I see it. I'm sure many other tables do it, but I especially noticed it in CV.
Staying with CV, the sneaky multiball tends to make me giggle.

TOTAN has a bunch of my other favorites. Genie multiball, both activation and jackpot scoring, and lighting the fireball builds up an incredible sense of tension.
Honorable mention to "Move you car!" in Creature from the Black Lagoon. Who the hell came up with that?

I wish I'd played more DMD games, I've seen so many funny, ridiculous or awesome animations. When people only have a primitive display like that to work with, they tend to try to come up with alternative ways of making it awesome. I guess that's why DMD has become a tradition, and most tables are still using it today.

Another "light effect" i dig is the multiball in Class of 1812. The entire board just shuts down, turning off everything, and the first time you wonder if something went wrong. Then the human heart in the back lights up red, and starts beating with a really heavy bass sound. Creepy and awesome.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Favorite multiball start of all time is from The Addams Family (Showtime!). Another multiball start that is just great is the one from No Good Gofers.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
The Extra Ball animation in Monster Bash--Drac disco dancin'--is the one that springs immediately to mind. : )

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts