Feb. 26, 2016 tourney: HRC, CBW, Flight2K, CentPk, BH, TotAN, SpSh, Hurr/NGG

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
I'm also just going to mention how much I hate the 20 minute tournament system in case someone is keeping tally.

Just remember Black Hole without the 20mn limit during the first tournaments three years ago... Even with the extra balls deactivated, it was endless.

invitro

May 4, 2012
Just remember Black Hole without the 20mn limit during the first tournaments three years ago... Even with the extra balls deactivated, it was endless.
I think no time limit + no EB's is exactly what JPelter wants. Is this how it used to be? The tourneys came to PC after this.

Voof

Sep 22, 2015
I'd prefer them setting up a tiered league system. Each week you play a number of games vs. a bracket of players. 1 attempt each, no extra balls.

pinballchris

Oct 6, 2012
I'd prefer them setting up a tiered league system. Each week you play a number of games vs. a bracket of players. 1 attempt each, no extra balls.

I would rather see this in our tournament, no extra balls, 30 minute time limit, no limit on attempts-or you get to play one table per 24 hours...

invitro

May 4, 2012
Well I gotta ask... you've put lots of time in the tourneys, hundreds of hours I'd guess, so is this because you think the current format is bad, or are you just bored of it?

The possibly upcoming Head 2 Head should have some of your requested features. I hope for a ladder rather than tiered leagues, because I want to compete against everyone at my level and above me. I even hope for not grouping by platform because I want to compete against PSN and mobile players too, but this is highly unpopular. :)

invitro

May 4, 2012
TotAN is a blast in this tourney. Even if it's just hitting the Lamp over and over, and I'm not sure it is, ball control is tough for me. I got a pretty good score today but was on my last ball at the end.

HRC is fun, too. I've never really known the rules, so I finally read most of them. It made a big change in my scoring. It seems difficult to choose a best strategy.

Voof

Sep 22, 2015
Well I gotta ask... you've put lots of time in the tourneys, hundreds of hours I'd guess, so is this because you think the current format is bad, or are you just bored of it?

The possibly upcoming Head 2 Head should have some of your requested features. I hope for a ladder rather than tiered leagues, because I want to compete against everyone at my level and above me. I even hope for not grouping by platform because I want to compete against PSN and mobile players too, but this is highly unpopular. :)

To be fair I'm slightly bored. I've come to the conclusion to hold out until the last minute to get high scores to give less people the opportunity to achieve a score that may be hard for me to get. It's an okay format, I'm just more of a fan of league formats. Being paired up with non-psn players would be fun, however until they update the physics on psn tables I feel you'd be having a whine fest.

Voof

Sep 22, 2015
TotAN is a blast in this tourney. Even if it's just hitting the Lamp over and over, and I'm not sure it is, ball control is tough for me. I got a pretty good score today but was on my last ball at the end.

HRC is fun, too. I've never really known the rules, so I finally read most of them. It made a big change in my scoring. It seems difficult to choose a best strategy.

Lamp management is part of it. It isn't an end all however. HRC is one of my favorite tables as there is huge variance based off of how you do in multiballs

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
I think no time limit + no EB's is exactly what JPelter wants. Is this how it used to be? The tourneys came to PC after this.

Yeah pretty much this, although there were only a couple tables in the first tournaments that were without EB. Ideally all would be. I'll say though there are a handful of tables that are still pretty cool to play in the 20 minutes, but a vast majority become kind of silly with the time limiter in my opinion. No EBs and possibly limited attempts would be great I think.

Axlsgolden

Dec 2, 2013
Does anybody know, when the tournament exactly ends? Friday, PST or PDT? Normally I should play a few hours longer in central europe than the guys from the US. Thank you for info.

Voof

Sep 22, 2015
I believe it's on their page and may be corrected now? Always seems to be around end of business Friday pst

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
It's probably my connection, but half of my scores haven't been getting posted. Have you guys been having that?

invitro

May 4, 2012
It's probably my connection, but half of my scores haven't been getting posted. Have you guys been having that?
I can't remember a tourney score of mine ever not getting posted. I don't think I can remember a regular score of mine not getting posted either, except during that short outage or whatever that was around last June.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.