Final Four

Naildriver74

Aug 2, 2013
My wife went to University of Kentucky and that's her #1 choice but she is a big Wisconsin fan.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I was pulling for Michigan and Michigan St., so all I can do now is root against Wisconsin since I've never cared for that state even when I lived there.

Actually I'll cheer for Kentucky in honor of Naildriver.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I was pulling for Michigan and Michigan St., so all I can do now is root against Wisconsin since I've never cared for that state even when I lived there.

Actually I'll cheer for Kentucky in honor of Naildriver.

I went to Michigan but grew up a State fan so I root for both of them. I though the UP was all about MSU, Jeff.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I went to Michigan but grew up a State fan so I root for both of them. I though the UP was all about MSU, Jeff.

It varies from house to house up there. I grew up in Indiana, so the Hoosiers are my #1, but I've always been fond of the Wolverines, going back to the Fab 5 days.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
It varies from house to house up there. I grew up in Indiana, so the Hoosiers are my #1, but I've always been fond of the Wolverines, going back to the Fab 5 days.

You really have been all over then! I thought I was bad when it came to staying in one place! I was at Michigan during the Ed Martin scandal. Man, that sucked but at least we won a football national championship and 2 hockey national championships. I also saw them win the first ever Big 10 B-Ball tourney but that doesn't count any more in light of Ed Martin's generous contribution to student athletes.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
You really have been all over then! I thought I was bad when it came to staying in one place! I was at Michigan during the Ed Martin scandal. Man, that sucked but at least we won a football national championship and 2 hockey national championships. I also saw them win the first ever Big 10 B-Ball tourney but that doesn't count any more in light of Ed Martin's generous contribution to student athletes.

Right on. Yeah, I've lived in 6 different states so far. I wish I could say my college won some championships when I was there, but I went to NMU up in the UP. I think all they really had was hockey.

Last edited:

Naildriver74

Aug 2, 2013
Right on. Yeah, I've lived in 6 different states so far. I wish I could say my college won some championships when I was there, but I went to NMU up in the UP. I think all they really had was hockey.

I lived in 5 states before I graduated highschool. That sucks when your a kid.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I lived in 5 states before I graduated highschool. That sucks when your a kid.

I moved to the U.P. of Michigan when I was in 8th grade, but all my other moving has been as an adult. My wife likes to move around for some reason. I'm always hesitant, but gotta say that I do like the West Coast, so she made a good decision, as per usual.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I am happy UConn won and disappointed the Badgers lost, especially with the disgraceful coach that Kentucky has. Go Huskies.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Yeah. At the beginning of the year whining about how unfair his schedule was and how he just has freshman and they shouldn't have to play experienced teams like michigan state early in the season. Unbelievable whiny. Plus he does nothing to actually try to get his kids a college education. One and done. His program is the worst of then all. Next year they will be lucky to make the nit like the last time they won a tourney. No consistency. The days of rupp are over. No consummate powerhouse there.

Naildriver74

Aug 2, 2013
He does what it takes to get the job done. Most of the time it works sometimes it doesn't. He is there to win basketball games it's what he gets paid to do and make UK money.

Naildriver74

Aug 2, 2013
I found a article on college spun by Daniel Zillmer
There is one man that seem to be hated by nearly everyone except Kentucky fans.
1 his success
2 NCAA troubles
3 current job
4 ones and dones
5 drama with colleagues
6 arrogance
7 his look
It's an interesting read

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
He does what it takes to get the job done. Most of the time it works sometimes it doesn't. He is there to win basketball games it's what he gets paid to do and make UK money.

He definitely gets it done an wins every few years. But he will have seasons with pretty awful records in between. Say what you will about duke, or michigan state or several other schools but they make the tournament every year and more often than not get to the sweet 16. I think that is a greater achievement to maintain quality. Plus those programs have high graduation rates

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
Well msu has gotten to the tournament every year since about 98 or 99 and duke even longer. Most years they both advance into the sweet 16 or better. Kentucky lost in the first round of the nit the year after they won a tourney. He had a great record but going from losing 2 or 3 games to losing 12 is pretty drastic. Duke has a 100% grad rate and msu is at 82. Kentucky is down at 69% which I was pleasantly surprised that it was higher than expected. I admit I was wrong about the overall record of calipari (assuming those wins don't get vacated some point like he has had on more than one occasion on the past) but most of my facts are on point. And I have no problem with his appearance. I can't believe someone would pick on that.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.