Finally Got Atlantis on Ripley's Believe It or Not!

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
I finally got Frog Frenzy!!! Now all I need is Atlantis, and I have earned all of the wizard goals in the game. I somehow managed to spell out R-I-P-L-E-Y in the past and just needed one more tombstone to get the S, but time ran out. Well, it is only a matter of time before I succeed at this . . .

UPDATE: Got it!!!! And I didn't even get a top 5 score.

Last edited:

Peter NYC

Apr 17, 2012
I just got the final two achievements I needed as well, what a great feeling! I checked off both the Trip to Atlantis and Frog Frenzy on the PS3 version and wound up with a final score of 264,827,100.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Holy crap I got the Atlantis goal! The funny thing is, I was aiming for the Frog Frenzy, thinking that I wasn't ever gonna get all those letters anyway. Damn, I'm so close to finishing the wizard goals now, I'm gonna be obsessed with getting that last one.

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
Congrats. I have made it to that mode several times now and it certainly is a rewarding feeling. Now if only I can get that damn Frog Frenzy out of the way I will have all the trophies in the PS Vita version.

Ark Malmeida

Apr 3, 2012
After a few weeks of trying I FINALLY got Atlantis last night to complete all of the wizard goals for the first set of four tables (all that us 360 owners have at the moment). Man was that TOUGH, but very satisfying to see Atlantis pop up on the display!

Jay

May 19, 2012
Well this gives me something else to shoot for. I've completed all the continents a few times and never even knew there was an Atlantis. My high so far is 128 million so I've got a ways to go....

Kaoru

Mar 29, 2012
I gave up on achieving this goal for good just now. If you score about 150 million but still haven't got a single letter you start to feel somewhat silly. It's just always the same, just before you could collect one last tombstone/boomerang/spin the timer will run out or the ball suddenly drains. Even worse are all the multiball missions, which are pretty much unobtainable. Most of the time you would watch the balls bouncing off each other and drain both at the same time. And if you can't finish them first time around you might just as well cross them off for the rest of the game since you won't get another chance when you visit the continents again.

So I thought I could at least go for getting Frog Frenzy since I had collected all super jackpots. But no, at first the ball just wouldn't go into that super jackpot loop... then all of my three remaining balls would drain in very quick succession.

So... yeah, really can't be arsed to go for both goals anymore. This isn't worth my time, and frankly I have much better things to do.

(Apart from that there are so many little things about that table that really bug me. The bonus that never really amounts to anything, not just because the ball rarely sees those rollover spots for the multiplier... The idol that will occasionally slam the ball into the outlane right below... The supposedly "big points" that never score much... and so on. Bah, I hate this table. :( )

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
I gave up on achieving this goal for good just now. If you score about 150 million but still haven't got a single letter you start to feel somewhat silly. It's just always the same, just before you could collect one last tombstone/boomerang/spin the timer will run out or the ball suddenly drains. Even worse are all the multiball missions, which are pretty much unobtainable. Most of the time you would watch the balls bouncing off each other and drain both at the same time. And if you can't finish them first time around you might just as well cross them off for the rest of the game since you won't get another chance when you visit the continents again.

One thing I noticed is you get a letter every time you complete a mission, even if you've already completed it on your first run-through. Some missions are nearly impossible (shrunken head jackpots, penguin loops), some are challenging, but doable (idol jackpots, tombstones), and some are pretty easy (boomerangs and spinners). I got one letter away from completion by just doing Asia and Australia three times.

Kaoru

Mar 29, 2012
Australia is pretty doable if the ball behaves as you want it (with the emphasis on IF). With Asia however the problem is already starting. Not always you hit the spinner with the extra flipper (and not always will the extra flipper detect a ball hit thanks to some annoying bug, I might add), so the ball rolls its way to the bumpers... which just can't get enough of bouncing it between them. Eventually they finally let it loose it again to fall into the idol pit... which shoots it right back to the bumpers so it can bounce around between them for another eternity. And then, of course the timer runs out. Or if you super "lucky" the bumpers throw the ball into the right outlane or the idol slams it into the left one. And no nudge in the world could prevent it from happening.

Europe can be done... but it's very very hard to achieve unless you have another multiball mission started right away. And you actually NEED to trigger multiball when you want the letter from the shrunken head. Getting it with the single ball is flat out impossible because the time window is far too narrow to do all the required shots, and the shot for the shrunken head is a very hard one in the first place! When you throw around two (or more) balls around recklessly chances are higher that you hit it far more often (In any case you'll hit more than enough tombstones for Europe).

And you can basically forget about all the multiball missions. There's an 80% chance that the second ball that the table just gave you will drain right away in one of the outlanes for very cheap reasons (and most of them are mad ball bounces). On your first runthrough you get at least another ball right away (though it often drains very shortly afterwards as well) ...but from the second travel through the continents onwards the mission is already over at that point, so it's basically hopeless to even attempt them at that point. Either way, you need to aim for those jackpot shots very precisely, and the best way to do this is to trap the ball in your flipper. And this is where another problem comes in, now in the form of the TPA ball which seems to be made out of rubber and therefore is overly responsive to ANY collision it comes across. So even when you caught the ball there is no guarantee that it stays on the flipper. Even when it seems to be very calm it just won't hold still and bounce or roll off the flipper. Well, you can manage to save it in most of the cases... but only when it's the only ball around. Once there is another one on the playfield it's so so much harder to do, MUCH harder. Most likely it'll cause the OTHER ball to drain for one reason or another. And... well, the problem wouldn't be there if the ball wouldn't be so buoyant in the first place. It already makes TOTAN and TOM quite hard to play, but here it really takes the cake. So please Farsight, for the love of God, tone down the bounciness! If you do I might give this another go. Until then I'll let it rest because it's just hopeless.

Last edited:

Kaoru

Mar 29, 2012
Grah, I really should have left it at that. I just broke my controller out of frustration. :rolleyes: Ahem. First time this ever happened to me. Now I'm kind of in awe, no game before was able to tickle that out of me!

Squid

Senior Creature
Mar 22, 2012
I need to teach you my way to great scores. I can reasonably manage every continent. (South America and Europe be damned!)
Learning how to stack continent missions is important.

Actionball

Banned
May 23, 2012
Finally learned this game tonight, have been avoiding it since launch because I mostly don't like Stern games. Its not as bad as I thought, not going to find its way into my game room though.

Got lucky enough to do Atlantis and frog (2x) on the same game but it took just short of forever, hour and a half at least.

The only thing I can offer is that the right side ramp will shoot it at the head during South America, which makes that letter a bit more possible. Atlantis took me 2.5 trips around the table though, only able to knock off letters for sure on Asia, Australia and Europe(mostly) with the odd lucky Africa letter once in a while.

For the work it takes Frog Frenzy is a bit underwhelming. I don't have any shining insight on how to get the SJ's rolled up, mostly just keep the multiballs going as long as possible and they sort of take care of themselves, as in don't break yourself trying to line up the side shot and lose 2 balls over it, they will find their way in if you just keep everything in play. A few freebies from the cellar door and temple sure don't hurt either.

Good luck!

Kaoru

Mar 29, 2012
I need to teach you my way to great scores. I can reasonably manage every continent. (South America and Europe be damned!)
Learning how to stack continent missions is important.

That isn't really the problem, though. They arise from things that are out of your reach and have more to do with (bad) luck than skill. Like the mentioned idol magnet causing unavoidable outlane drains. Or balls draining just as you shot them with the plunger into the playfield. (The latter was the reason which caused me to throw the controller through the room, btw... because it happened three times straight in a row! And they were my last three balls in the game on top of that!) Or... well, the ball going through the extra flipper instead of being shot to the spinner or collecting a super jackpot, or not leaving the bumper area for a whole eternity... which always happens when you least need it.

Anyway, I finally, finally, FINALLY got Atlantis AND Frog Frenzy half an hour ago. And Frog Frenzy on my very last ball, just when I thought I wouldn't make it yet again (and my heart was pumping like mad at that point, haha). But just as Actionball said above... that mode was pretty anticlimactic after all the build up. Harem Multiball-style anticlimactic. The way the mode started was pretty funny though and I yelled like a madman at first. lol Nevertheless, pointwise it was pretty much a bad joke.

Atlantis was a pretty cool wizard mode, however.

Either way, now that I've got all its wizard goals, I'm done with this table and I most likely will never play it again. Which means I never have to hear that abhorrent idol sound again! Huzzah!

I'm free.

Phew.

It feels so good being free.

Now I can finally go back to ToM and BH again. ;)

Actionball

Banned
May 23, 2012
Either way, now that I've got all its wizard goals, I'm done with this table and I most likely will never play it again. Which means I never have to hear that abhorrent idol sound again! Huzzah!

I'm free.

Phew.

It feels so good being free.

Now I can finally go back to ToM and BH again. ;)

I think the Idol is sort of cute, its the WTF were they thinking Shrunken head voice that is a claw hammer to my brain. Its like racism mixed with stupidity, where to start? Did the sound guy see SW Ep 1 and think "Hey, the Jamaican accent is HILARIOUS and the shrunken head is black right? And all black people are Jamaican even if they are native south americans and not black so BOOM, I have a winner! The snappy dialog writes itself!"

"Hit that fool upside the head with a dead fish mon." Like fire ants poured into my ears, only not as exciting.

Kaoru

Mar 29, 2012
To be honest, there isn't a single sound on the whole damn table that feels like highly toxic acid on my ears. Be it the the penguin, the shrunken head or whatever.

What makes the idol screeching "special" is though that it is being played again at the end of game, during that replay number sequence. I very often exited the final scoring early because of that so I didn't have to hear it.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.