finnally got a new pc. when will we see this on pc?

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Every week I hope for an update on this or the 360 version. Instead, we get an announcement of either the next pack or some "feature story". I'm not mad about that-but let's face it, it's hard to care about pack #9 when xbox users are still on DLC#3 and PC users don't even have the initial 4-pack which has been out for nearly a year for smartphones. This from a company that said, with a straight face no less, that all platforms would be supported.
Xbox is not currently supported due to legal issues between MS, FS, and their new (as yet unnamed) publisher. It's lawyers, not FS's lack of resolve, that are preventing the release of the latest tables and updates.
PC is not supported due to issues of distribution. FS is a developer, and since they have neither the experience nor the desire to do so themselves, they need to find someone else to do it for them. They keep trying, and failing, to make it onto Steam, and they've been looking into several other options, but so far, they haven't found anything that satisfies them or the companies they've contracted with (Stern, B/W, Gottlieb).

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Just a reminder for anyone who chose the PC version as their platform of choice for either of the Kickstarters you should see a special build this month (although it was January before and has now changed to Feb). No portrait mode unless they try to sneak it in as a way of saying 'thanks for waiting patiently'.... hint hint

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Xbox is not currently supported due to legal issues between MS, FS, and their new (as yet unnamed) publisher. It's lawyers, not FS's lack of resolve, that are preventing the release of the latest tables and updates.
PC is not supported due to issues of distribution. FS is a developer, and since they have neither the experience nor the desire to do so themselves, they need to find someone else to do it for them. They keep trying, and failing, to make it onto Steam, and they've been looking into several other options, but so far, they haven't found anything that satisfies them or the companies they've contracted with (Stern, B/W, Gottlieb).

I'm well aware of the situation with distribution. Which is why FarSight never should have claimed they could or would bring it out for either platform, and needs to save their breath on claiming that now.

karl

May 10, 2012
Sounds like a killer PC build UW. Congrats. You should be all set to keep making those very fine vp tables you are a master of. I bet you are able to make at least a handful more before we see an official TPA PC build sadly. It will get here, just not soon (at least not on Steam greenlight)

Bonzo

May 16, 2012
I'm well aware of the situation with distribution. Which is why FarSight never should have claimed they could or would bring it out for either platform, and needs to save their breath on claiming that now.

It is out on 360! So they can rightfully claim to support that platform. Bummer it takes that long to sort out stuff between FS, the new publisher and MS. But you're certainly not entiteled to say FS don't support the Xbox. As has been said quite a lot of times on this forum: it's the lead development platform!

And I've been patiently waiting for a PC release for almost a year. Once again: Bummer. And one can easily argue that it was a little short sighted by FS (no pun intended) to think releasing on PC with DRM would be a piece of cake. Nevertheless they are a small studio trying to accomplish something that hasn't been done before, so I'll manage to stay patient for a little longer.

Mr. Pacman

Feb 28, 2012
Nevertheless they are a small studio trying to accomplish something that hasn't been done before, so I'll manage to stay patient for a little longer.

I don't think they are a "small studio"...they have managed to buy those invaluable licences from every major pinball company...and they have already accomplished that "something"...TPA for PC is ready...they just don't want to make it available yet. I believe that they have a "secret" schedule in order to get the money they want from much more protected platforms and then get even more money by releasing it for PC.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I don't think they are a "small studio"...they have managed to buy those invaluable licences from every major pinball company...and they have already accomplished that "something"...TPA for PC is ready...they just don't want to make it available yet. I believe that they have a "secret" schedule in order to get the money they want from much more protected platforms and then get even more money by releasing it for PC.
Sigh...I guess it's not really the Internet without a conspiracy theory...

To us, TPA is a game. To FarSight, TPA is their income. So every month that goes by without new DLC for the 360, every month that goes by without a PC release, is money FarSight is not making.

The 360 version is on hold because of legal issues concerning the switch of publishers (and possibly more stringent QA requirements from the new publisher). The PC version is not ready because of issues with DRM and distribution. That's it. No "secret" schedules; no SPECTRE-like conspiracy. Sorry to disappoint you.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.