Fireball / Eldorado bugs

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Fireball - flipper physics in TPA completely mess up the main trick to real life play on this table.

The main trick is to close the zipper flippers, then let the ball settle in the gap between the closed flippers coming completely to rest.
You then should use a slightly staggered double flip to the ball at either the left or right ball lock depending on how you stagger the double flip.
TPA physics don't let you do this though, you can only shoot vertically. Which pretty much kills the main method for playing the game.
A video showing this play method is here...
https://youtu.be/-BYKMLIuo3Q

I also ended up with two balls stuck in the plunger lane too, but it's only happened once, and I can't get it to repeat.

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
ball count is very messed up on fireball. I had so many weird situations that I can't even describe them all. A lot of time after draining one ball in 2 ball multiball the next one is launched.
Does fireball have auto plunger?
What happens on the real one if during multiball you send one back to the plunger lane?

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
ball count is very messed up on fireball. I had so many weird situations that I can't even describe them all. A lot of time after draining one ball in 2 ball multiball the next one is launched.
What happens on the real one if during multiball you send one back to the plunger lane?

The real life Fireball has no auto plunge. You simply pull the plunger and get the ball back into play.
For the FS version, the auto plunge had to be created as they can not switch the camera from playfield view to plunger view while another ball is in play on the table. You would have had no way to plunge the ball if they didn't do this. And if it made you wait until you lost the other ball, then you would end up with two balls in the plunger lane. So it was kind of a necessary evil to create an auto plunge. I don't like it either, but I guess it has to be.

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
Fyi on PC, I have been plunging my own balls that re-enter the launch lane. No auto-plunge here

Last edited:

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
I don't think iOS has autolaunch, it's just that any flip will register as plunge. I do concur that strange things are happening, I had a few games go to initials input while still clearly on ball 4 (of 5). As soon as one ball is locked in either of the two locks, and you just lose your second ball, it's ball or game over. Does the real table handle this the same? Or do you get your locked ball back to continue play?
[MENTION=2280]Baron Rubik[/MENTION] : had the same two balls in plunger situation, (this does sound very painful somehow, *snigger*) no clue how that happened. Plunged them and play did continue correctly I think.

Last edited:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Technically yes that is correct. But it in effect works as an auto launch.

If I recall you can end a Fireball game with a ball in the lock. I believe you can also start a game with a ball in the lock from a previous game. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. I may be thinking of another pin.

Last edited:

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Fireball - flipper physics in TPA completely mess up the main trick to real life play on this table.

The main trick is to close the zipper flippers, then let the ball settle in the gap between the closed flippers coming completely to rest.
You then should use a slightly staggered double flip to the ball at either the left or right ball lock depending on how you stagger the double flip.
TPA physics don't let you do this though, you can only shoot vertically. Which pretty much kills the main method for playing the game.
A video showing this play method is here...
https://youtu.be/-BYKMLIuo3Q

I also ended up with two balls stuck in the plunger lane too, but it's only happened once, and I can't get it to repeat.
I had the same issue during beta with the two balls in the shooter lane issue.

It's when you drain one ball and just before it hits the outhole you lock a ball again. The scripting gets confused.

It's really hard to replicate when you want to though.

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
The real life Fireball has no auto plunge. You simply pull the plunger and get the ball back into play.
For the FS version, the auto plunge had to be created as they can not switch the camera from playfield view to plunger view while another ball is in play on the table. You would have had no way to plunge the ball if they didn't do this. And if it made you wait until you lost the other ball, then you would end up with two balls in the plunger lane. So it was kind of a necessary evil to create an auto plunge. I don't like it either, but I guess it has to be.
When you put it like that it makes sense. But in reality, who and why would want to launch a second ball instead of keeping it safe in the plunger. Releasing ball from Wotan hole by shooting Captive ball is the way to go on this one. And when you do that ball sometimes stays in the plunger. But if you have 2 balls locked and release both of them then the one from Wotan hole does not stay in the plunger and that leads to a mess with ball counts.
I undrestand that you can't switch to plunger view during gameplay but there's no need to. Multiball brings nothing here except a chance for skill shot and FS took that away by auto plunging. And for those who do want to play multiball they could implement on screen button like in many other games.
And auto plunging never occurs after loocking a ball. And that makes sense. But inconsistency in all other situations ruins otherwise great game

Last edited:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I'd get guess they didn't want to add a launch button as the pin doesn't have one. It might cause confusion for inexperienced players that might launch every ball and never get a skillshot. Plus it would look weird on en EM.
I'm not in love with what they had to do either. I'd have a beef no matter what was done. It's a pin I love, so I will gladly live with it. FS might have even been told to handle it this way (we'll never know).

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012

I've had a few cases where moving on to ball 2 or 3, no ball appears. The "call attendant" option does nothing to solve it, except the "ball not stuck" message appears. The only solution I've found is to restart the game-frustrating for me when I scored 42K+ on my first ball. Luckily, it didn't reset the wizard goal when I restarted. So yes, the ball count could use some tweaking.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
If you can, next time it happens, report it to Farsight support with as much detail as possible. Try to note which ball it was on, if it happened during multiball, if balls were locked at the time, etc.
It's a real bummer when these things ruin a good game. Maybe we can help squash these bugs.

strells

Oct 7, 2014
I had a weird situation in Fireball where I was in multiball and the view got stuck in the plunger view. I can't recall the steps to reproduce this. This rendered the right flipper basically useless (since the right flipper location on the screen operates the plunger in this view) as I watched the main playfield from afar. The view didn't get fixed until the game ended.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts