First Day At Papa 2013

Robert Hunt

Dec 2, 2012
Fathom was great. Centaur was great. Xenon was great. I am wondering how they are going to get the slow ball movement, and the chunky, slow, slappy but fun and awesome flippers of these down on TPA.

The answer is they won't. You should expect all three of these tables to have very similar dynamics in TPA to Firepower. For one thing, they won't really try to emulate the slightly flappy Bally flippers that you find on mid-seventies Bally pins even if they were to do a table like Capt. Fantastic. The TPA version would most likely feature flippers with every bit as much tone as those in Big Shot or Central Park and the table would play right smart. But the other point is the three pins you mention are from 1980 and 1981 (post Firepower) and like Eight Ball Deluxe, are most often tuned to play pretty snappy, not slow and boaty.

bkerins

Apr 15, 2013
T2 was kind of pissing me off. I got a 3X jackpot worth... 15 million? What was I doing wrong I wonder? On the papa film I watched, guys were getting 50mil for a 3x?

In tournament mode, the jackpot is fixed at 7.5 million, so a 3x is worth 22.5 million. In casual play the jackpot ranges from 5 million to 10 million, and grows with hole shots. I am not sure why the value is fixed for tournament, but it might carry over from player to player and game to game.

Open year round on the weekends?! HA hahahaha ha! It would be illegal (zoned industrial, not commercial), dramatically expensive (400 game licenses... a dozen techs... more employees...), and less special. It's better being open twice a year.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts