First Pac-Man game comes over to Steam...

night

May 18, 2012
The 2600 Pacman is one of the worst ports in history.
Pac Man is good, but Ms. Pac Man is the very best, it has the random behaviour of the ghosts.

CycOd3liC

Feb 28, 2012
The 2600 Pacman is one of the worst ports in history.
Pac Man is good, but Ms. Pac Man is the very best, it has the random behaviour of the ghosts.

I was always partial to Super Pacman, but in my old age, I can't control it now. I like playing the turbo versions of Pacman and MS. Pacman, though.

Jutter

Dec 30, 2012
If you want to play Pac-Man, or Mrs Pacman, emulators deliver. The NES versions wil likely suffice, meaning they're on par with the original arcade version.
I'd be much more interrested in Jeff Minters excellent 30-year aniversary tribute to space Invaders, called Space Invaders Extreme.

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
Pac-Man DX is a great, amazing game IMO :D

And I actually hate Pac-Man, the classic game. I don't think it's ever been a remotely good game, it was simply at the right place at the right time, with a simple concept anyone could grasp. ;)
But all those patterns you have study, learn and repeat to get a real score? Get outta here...

LanceBoyle

Jul 5, 2013
If you want to play Pac-Man, or Mrs Pacman, emulators deliver. The NES versions wil likely suffice, meaning they're on par with the original arcade version.
I'd be much more interrested in Jeff Minters excellent 30-year aniversary tribute to space Invaders, called Space Invaders Extreme.

In Ms. Pac-Man's case I'm more fond of the Genesis/SNES version, which has different maze sets to choose from, and the Pac-Booster.

As for Space Invaders Extreme... I don't think it was Minter's concept. IIRC Minter only did the background effects for the Xbox LIVE Arcade version of it; all the others (and its sequel) were developed by Taito themselves.

Krooze L-Roy

Aug 30, 2013
I already have this, but I think I'll repurchase it once it's down in the 2-3 dollar range. I'm lazy enough to spend a couple semolians to not have to get off my ass and plug the 360 in, but not ten.

And I always enjoyed the 2600 version of Pac-man as a kid. Still do, in fact. Until the Internet, I had no idea it had such a bad rep.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.