Fish Tales vs. Terminator 2

Which table is better?

• Total voters

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
i played neither in RL so its almost a tie except for FT being the drain monster it is ill take a slight lean towards T2

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Knew this felt familiar. I was playing FT and was thinking just how much it was likle T2. What stood out to me was the multiball started by the saucer blocked by the drop target, where the aim is to relock the balls! The left orbit shot to the saucer is identical, too.

Yep, having played them both I now agree they are pretty similar.

Terminator

Feb 8, 2014
Terminator 2 is the best table in the entire TBA collection. I'm a Terminator fan, and the theme music rocks. FS.. Make T3 happen one day for TBA. With T5 coming next year in theatres, I want a new T3 table somewhere down the line!

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
I don't know why I hadn't taken this poll before - but I am now...

My vote went for T2. I just seem to never get anything going on FT. I don't know if it's the layout or the lightning flippers but my games are too short to enjoy. Both have music and art that I like and both themes are good. Maybe it's the flow of T2 that does it for me.

This is the main reason I voted for T2. My real life FT experiences are mostly not fun. The best game I had on it by far IRL was after playing it on TPA. I just like the theme and layout of T2 better.

is this like a who would win if Superman fought the Hulk type questions?

There was a DC comics writer who said it best (can't remember his name though). All Superman has to do is grab The Hulk by his ankle and throw him towards The Sun. Hulk can get as mad as he wants to - as he's falling into The Sun!

I found that answer funny,BTW...

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I really don't like T2 all that much, so this was a no-brainer. Yeah, it's uncanny how similar they are playfield-wise, but FT is just more fun. T2 takes itself too seriously. It also feels like it's aged so much more than FT.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
There was a DC comics writer who said it best (can't remember his name though). All Superman has to do is grab The Hulk by his ankle and throw him towards The Sun. Hulk can get as mad as he wants to - as he's falling into The Sun!

I found that answer funny,BTW...

That actually made me laugh...it's true, as well!

My vote goes to T2. There's just more to do on that table than on FT, and that makes all the difference in the world. (At least to me)

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
T2 only has one thing to do. Skull. Skull. Skull. It's pretty fun anyway but Fish Tales is the best table in all of TPA so there's no match, really.
Same goes for real pinball tables, I frequently play both. Well T2 mostly stands there unplayed, but Fish Tales gets a lot of play every time.

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
My vote goes to FT, seeing I loved playing it in real life vs T2 and was very happy when it came to PBA.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
T2 only has one thing to do. Skull. Skull. Skull.

Not at all, the escape route is very important too. Extra balls, and also multiball can start that way too.

T2's vaunted ramp flow didn't make the conversion to TPA, though. They're not smooth enough physics-wise, and even if they were, Payback Time scoring is still dominated by super jackpots.

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
T2 only has one thing to do. Skull. Skull. Skull. It's pretty fun anyway but Fish Tales is the best table in all of TPA so there's no match, really.
Same goes for real pinball tables, I frequently play both. Well T2 mostly stands there unplayed, but Fish Tales gets a lot of play every time.

I disagree, the gun mode is fun as well! :cool:

Personally, neither are favorites of mine, so I couldn't care less. lol

oqvist

Nov 23, 2013
T2 is way way better. It´s hardly even subjective lol

But yes everything is subective. Even weither Fish tales or T2 is better :p

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
I think they're pretty matched in terms of Gameplay, but T2 has a 90s Mega Drive sci-fi vibe that I love.

JefferyD

May 10, 2013
I like both of these tables, but Fish Tales hits me in the right spot. They’re both perfect blends of theme, mood and spot-on voice acting -- great humorous performances on FT and Arnold is always able to pull off a perfect Arnold.

There isn’t anything about Fish Tales that puts me off. On T2 I’ll dial it up, ready to play and think “I can’t face that shot up the left ramp, it just dies and falls back down the middle,” or “I can’t bear the thought of another completely fruitless Payback Time.”

Fish Tales is more fun and frantic. The ball always feels live and in the flow. I go through periods on T2 where the ball just caroms from post to post in a flow-killing manner, and nudging is critical. I rarely have to nudge Fish Tales.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts