Frankenstein running badly compared to other tables (DX11)

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
Not sure what the issue is, tried messing with settings to no avail. Basically Frankenstein is running at a lower, choppier framerate than all the other tables. The frame drops can get distractingly bad, to the point where I just don't want to play it. Is this a common issue? Because aside from the usual frame-tearing issues I have, the other tables manage to keep a fairly steady 60 fps with only occasional, slight fps dips on some of the busier ones.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I had this issue with MM last month. Turning down the AA (anti-aliasing) settings fixed everything.

L33

Aug 20, 2014
Experiencing this issue too...Its weird really, cause 6 ball multiball plays fine...it seems to be when there is just 1 ball in play.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Not sure what the issue is, tried messing with settings to no avail. Basically Frankenstein is running at a lower, choppier framerate than all the other tables. The frame drops can get distractingly bad, to the point where I just don't want to play it. Is this a common issue? Because aside from the usual frame-tearing issues I have, the other tables manage to keep a fairly steady 60 fps with only occasional, slight fps dips on some of the busier ones.

Oddly enough, I was getting some good gameplay with DX11 from Jack*Bot on. Even Red and Freakin' Ted seemed to play well. Nothing else before Jack*bot was playable for me in DX11. I have been debating getting a new graphics card (I need a $300 card-and I'm in no danger of having that spending loot anytime soon), but apparently, people with higher-end computers are still having these problems with DX11, even after all of this time.

That's why I stick with DX9-playability, updates, and table selection are worth not having the minor, and I do mean minor, graphical improvements. (I have to laugh-DX9 has the LCA floodlights, while DX11 doesn't.) If I go back to a console version, It'll probably be the summer of 2017 before I can play Frankenstein, which I am enjoying right now. My controller is not enjoying it, but I am LOL.

Crazy Newt

Dec 2, 2012
Oddly enough, I was getting some good gameplay with DX11 from Jack*Bot on. Even Red and Freakin' Ted seemed to play well. Nothing else before Jack*bot was playable for me in DX11. I have been debating getting a new graphics card (I need a $300 card-and I'm in no danger of having that spending loot anytime soon), but apparently, people with higher-end computers are still having these problems with DX11, even after all of this time.

That's why I stick with DX9-playability, updates, and table selection are worth not having the minor, and I do mean minor, graphical improvements. (I have to laugh-DX9 has the LCA floodlights, while DX11 doesn't.) If I go back to a console version, It'll probably be the summer of 2017 before I can play Frankenstein, which I am enjoying right now. My controller is not enjoying it, but I am LOL.

I have a GTX 770 card gathering dust that I would be willing to ship your direction if you could use it.

TheSlayerNL

Nov 5, 2013
I seem to have no issues, got all dx11 settings from Pinball Arcade itself turned to max at 1920x1080 reso, runs at 60fps solid on my GTX670 :)

Crazy Newt

Dec 2, 2012
I'll take it if he doesn't want it :). I have a GT 630.

Here is the exact card from the store page on Newegg where I purchased it in July 2013.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130921

It needs a lot of power, and it is a big card.

Never overclocked and sitting comfortably in a Fractal R5 case for the last year. In excellent shape. I decided to go with a GTX 970 now with plans to grab another for SLI later.

Runs PA at highest settings in 1920x1080 with no problems at all.

If this is something you can use, I can try and ship it out this weekend. I'd love to help out another pinball fan, but I suppose if someone were to just turn around and sell it for profit, I couldn't stop them.

Send a PM with an address to send it. Hoping the shipping won't be too much, but maybe you can gift me a Steam game later to cover some of the cost, at your convenience. I know the holiday season is coming, and money is usually tight for many of us.

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
Table runs fine for me too (GTX 780).

The only reoccurring DX11 issue I see is sometimes when I launch tables the initial camera pan over the table will be at a low FPS (lets say 30 fps). Then by the time the camera pan gets to the flippers it jumps to 60 fps.

If I launch the table while it's displaying in this lower FPS the table will run at that frame rate. I think eventually it jumps back to 60 FPS. But the work around for me is to wait 2-3 seconds after the table loads to kick in to 60 FPS and launch it then.

The odd thing is this issue seems intermittent. Sometimes when I launch tables (Frank included) it'll immediately be at 60 FPS. Other times it'll see this lower FPS issue for a few seconds.

Other than that the tables have all ran fine.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts