Friend Leaderboards

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Friend leaderboards will be coming in the next update. I was able to hook them in by matching the steam account to FarSight login. After this patch if you log in with your FarSight account in the PC version, it'll link the Steam ID, so that when your friends look at the leaderboards it'll find your FarSight name from your Steam ID and display the scores.

invitro

May 4, 2012
Very good news... thanks and I will look forward to the update!

Now I guess it's about time to find that thread where everyone was posting their steam usernames for the friend list...

I am curious... has anyone made a post here that matched leaderboard usernames with forum usernames? I suspect that some of the best players may post here under different names, and I'd like to read their posts for playing tips & etc.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I am curious... has anyone made a post here that matched leaderboard usernames with forum usernames? I suspect that some of the best players may post here under different names, and I'd like to read their posts for playing tips & etc.
Most of the tables have a "Tactics and Strategies" thread stickied to the top of their table forums, in order to aid those seeking playing tips.

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
There are many friends just waiting for you in this thread :) :)
http://digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/5678-STEAM-account-names/page4

Invitro, that is a great thread and I did register my name early and have some friends on Steam. I truly admit that I'm befaffled, (befuddled & baffled = befaffled.) for me to navigate on Steam. I would be very happy to be able to link to the wonderful humans on this forum through TPA because I believe it will be easier for me to contact my friends and see their score though TPA.

Mike thanks again and the whole staff of TPA at FarSight, you are fantastic.

Ultimetalhead

Jun 13, 2012
Oh hell yes. This is that extra push this game needed to get me playing it constantly. Something just feels so much better about climbing a smaller leaderboard of friends rather than the huge, daunting global one.

Thanks so much for this feature, seriously.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
good news in deed. Might rekindle my interest in playing.

got bored of trying to compete with the global leader boards where people are either.

i) too talented
ii) have far too much time on their hands (playing for hours and racking up a huge score).
iii) CHEATERS.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Version 1.23.9 is out and has Friend Leaderboards. Once you get the new version log in with your FarSight account and it'll link your Steam and FarSight accounts, so that you and your friends can see each other on the leaderboards.

infernogott

Apr 6, 2012
So everyone of my friends has to do that before I can see them on the leaderboard? Could you generate a message in the game for players to see? I doubt everyone who wants friends leaderboards is reading this forums.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
So everyone of my friends has to do that before I can see them on the leaderboard? Could you generate a message in the game for players to see? I doubt everyone who wants friends leaderboards is reading this forums.

Basically all they have to do is start the game (since they're automatically logged in when the game starts)...so an in-game message wouldn't really be needed.

Crazy Newt

Dec 2, 2012
They just need to update the game and run it and all should be good if they are already automatically logged in. Maybe they have not updated the game yet?

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts