Friend Leaderboards

Crazy Newt

Dec 2, 2012
I thought I needed to log out and log in again as well, but that didn't seem to make any difference. I do see 2 other people in my friends list, so it must be working.

Add me and see: Crazy Newt

invitro

May 4, 2012
I am seeing several users from my steam list on the friends list. I don't know if there is value for confirming, but I thought I'd post.

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
Oh my god. I am so happy. Thank you thank you thank you thank you. You're the best, Mike.

e: One small niggle actually is that it seems you don't see your own score in the friend leaderboard.

Last edited:

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
glad to see friends options in leaderboards, still waiting for split of different platforms leaderboards, atleast steam ones, because its not fair competition to keep all of them in one pile

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Oh my god. I am so happy. Thank you thank you thank you thank you. You're the best, Mike.

e: One small niggle actually is that it seems you don't see your own score in the friend leaderboard.

When I try it I see my score. The only place I don't is on tables I never got a score on. If you do My Score does it show "None"?

infernogott

Apr 6, 2012
I don't see my score on the friends leaderboards either. But I see it in "My Score". When I cycle trough the tables on almost every table it says "none" for Friends, even though I have around 50 friends from this forum on Steam, so I doubt that's true.

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
When I try it I see my score. The only place I don't is on tables I never got a score on. If you do My Score does it show "None"?

No, My Score and Overall shows normally. When I go to friends it shows none for most and a handful of friends for some tables, but never my own score. I'm just shooting randomly here really but could the problem be somehow because my steam/farsight username has a space in it?

e: Probably not I guess since infernogott has the same problem.

invitro

May 4, 2012
I get "none" on some tables, but friends' scores on most tables. I see my score on all tables that have friends' scores. I see the same 7 or 8 usernames for these tables, but I remember adding about 25 from the big list... my memory could be wrong.

When I cycled through machines with the friends page displayed, the game crashed once. I don't think the game has crashed on me more than once or twice other than when I return to it from Windows (and in that case it crashes about 30% of the time), so that is rare.

I apologize if this should go in a bugs thread... I thought I might just drop a quick data point here. Overall it is a fun addition and I'm very happy to see it (and to start trying to beat Space Tractor :)).

invitro

May 4, 2012
JPelter: I see your Space Tractor score on all the friends' scores that have scores. In case that helps... Hope yours starts working.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
In all tables I only see my score but Im alone, no friends shown, why is that? I have like 8 friends who play PA.

Most likely cause your friends haven't played the latest version and signed in yet. Once they sign in it'll link steam and farsight accounts.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
sweet - thanks for the add kaworu. Works fine with me with just 1 friend added. The only tables I don't see my own name are the ones I've not yet purchased.

as above, PITA though that I can't differentiate between scores gained on Steam vs Android. Most of mine will be Android as haven't played much on steam or purchased many tables yet - but no idea when looking at others.

Mike - what are the technical / business reasons for not splitting out per platform or identifying/filtering based on platform?

Megahurtz

Dec 26, 2013
It has been so long that I can't remember, but is it possible to play without a farsight account? I know I only set mine up to get kickstarter rewards. So friends need a farsight account before they will show up on the leaderboards?

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Mike - what are the technical / business reasons for not splitting out per platform or identifying/filtering based on platform?

We decided to use one set of leaderboards for all platforms, although the scores are stored with a platform flag. I'm not sure how complicated it would be to filter by platform.

It has been so long that I can't remember, but is it possible to play without a farsight account? I know I only set mine up to get kickstarter rewards. So friends need a farsight account before they will show up on the leaderboards?

FarSight account is needed for leaderboards.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
thanks Mike. Good news you are storing the platform flag. Gives me hope we can get separate leaderboards. Separate database views using the platform flag?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts