Friend Leaderboards

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
It would be cool to have a platform filter :)

Would we want a filter on the leaderboards? Wouldn't that get a little messy?

For me, I'd just prefer the Android devices to default to the Android score flag. PC steam devices default to the PC score flag etc..... Not sure I'd be interested in comparing with other platforms/devices.

thoughts?

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
I think we kind of need a platform filter. As much as the tables are largely the same across all, different devices can run more (or less) complicated physics rules and such. For example, the more powerful slings on the PS4. Or something like the PC version could run slower for some people, meaning they might be able to get an advantage with better reaction times compared to others running at full speed.

Brock

Jan 28, 2014
The friend boards seem a little shaky. I'm seeing 'None' on quite a few tables that I'm sure should be populated, at least by my own score?
Others are fine, with a number of friends + my scores.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
It's flakey. I'm seeing "none" where it used to be fully populated the night before, where as other table's boards are the opposite. Hmm, hard to believe that there's a bug in TPA.

Ultimetalhead

Jun 13, 2012
Yeah, I'm getting a few "none" errors as well. I've seen my friends' scores on the global leaderboards but not on my friends one.

Retro Invaders

Aug 16, 2013
It seems that "Friend Leaderboards" work totally at random. Half of the tables shows NONE. Last 2 days i can't even find MY scores, it only shows some random friends but not me lol. of course I always logged in TPA account

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
was working great for me with just 3 friends. Added another 4 yesterday and now all tables show NONE except for BK2000. Definitely something wrong here.

something to do with peoples security settings in steam?

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
It seems that "Friend Leaderboards" work totally at random. Half of the tables shows NONE. Last 2 days i can't even find MY scores, it only shows some random friends but not me lol. of course I always logged in TPA account

i can confirm this, as we tried several times and cant see each other's scores with Retro Invaders on some tables as dr. Dude for example.

Armin Ruoff

May 30, 2013
My friend can see me in the leaderboards but I can never see him. Sometimes it shows NONE, sometimes some random people that are not even my friends on any plattform. My own score is never shown in any case.

And btw. since so many people are asking for seperate leaderboards by plattform (most likely PC users): I don't want seperate leaderboards at all. I would like to see my scores I made on multiple plattforms all in one list, like it seems to be right now.

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
I never see my own score in "Friends" and have the following tables with "None" in the friend list:

Big Shot
Dr. Dude
Elvira and the Party Monsters
Genie
Scared Stiff
Victory
Centaur
El Dorado
Goin' Nuts
Tee'd off
Flight 2k
Gorgar
Pinbot
Funhouse
Taxi
Firepower
Tales of the arabian Nights
Medieval Madness
No good Gofers
Bride of Pinbot
Harley Davidson
Ripleys Believe it or not
Black Hole
Theatre of Magic
Cirqus Voltaire
Creatures from the Black Lagoon

The leaderboard lists also don't show the platform in brackets. I have only seen this feature on the PS3 so far, is it something which needs to be activated in the options somewhere?

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
I don't want seperate leaderboards at all. I would like to see my scores I made on multiple plattforms all in one list, like it seems to be right now.
different platforms = different physics = different games = different leaderboards.
i dont want to see my scores of steam version on same leaderboard with your scores from different game aka "TPA easy mode".

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
different platforms = different physics = different games = different leaderboards.
i dont want to see my scores of steam version on same leaderboard with your scores from different game aka "TPA easy mode".
Mike can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe he stated once that the same physics engine is used across all platforms.

That being said, I believe iOS is actually the hardest platform to play on currently, as it is the only one that doesn't offer controller support (not sure about Kindle Fire). Once you have access to variable-strength nudging from a joystick, TPA gets much easier.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
Mike can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe he stated once that the same physics engine is used across all platforms.

That being said, I believe iOS is actually the hardest platform to play on currently, as it is the only one that doesn't offer controller support (not sure about Kindle Fire). Once you have access to variable-strength nudging from a joystick, TPA gets much easier.

agree with most of this. There are definitely subtle differences in how each platform plays. PS3 seems easier to me than others. Not sure about the above "easy mode" statement though.

Armin Ruoff

May 30, 2013

PC with controller is a hell lot easier than any iOS version!

Last edited:

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012

Physics are the same on all platforms.

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
Physics are the same on all platforms.

and collision geometry LOD is same on all platforms too?
and if some one play on 60 FPS and another one on 30 FPS - when ball going fast how many times (and mean more correct) collisions with objects will be registered in first case and second case.
thanks for your attention.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts