Friend Leaderboards

Deathtank

Nov 13, 2013
Hi and sorry for the delay, thanks to Xanija for letting me know about this! :)

Here are my results:

-- Get Friend List Start ----------------------------
Num Steam Friends = 71
Num Found Friends = 10
Deathtank (Deathtank75)
Brock (Brock)
Canadian365 (Canadian365)
LamerDeluxe (LamerDeluxe(tm))
Xanija (Xanija)
KillRideMedley (KillRideMedley)
JoCool (JoCool)
xAZATOTHx (xazatothx)
RobertMeans (RobertMeans)
Captain_Cockup (magicmisery)
-- Get Friend List End ------------------------------

I hope this help to resolve the friends list scores problem. :D

N

netizen

Mike, I tried your friends list beta to give a report on the friends list not working, and all I got was it corrupting my entire local Steam data.

I switched to the beta, and got steam error 80, changed back and same errror, I had to delete all local save files to get TPA to even start again. Even with no local files in C://users/.../mygames/The Pinball Arcade the friends list beta won't start. I just get steam error 80 over and over.

A full integrity check shows that there are no bad files.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Mike, I tried your friends list beta to give a report on the friends list not working, and all I got was it corrupting my entire local Steam data.

I switched to the beta, and got steam error 80, changed back and same errror, I had to delete all local save files to get TPA to even start again. Even with no local files in C://users/.../mygames/The Pinball Arcade the friends list beta won't start. I just get steam error 80 over and over.

A full integrity check shows that there are no bad files.

Try going back to Opt out of betas. Then delete PinballArcade.exe from the steam folder. Then do a verify integrity. It should redownload the exe.

I did read that sometimes files set to read only can cause that error. Right click the steam installation folder and uncheck read only and apply to all subfolders.

N

netizen

Try going back to Opt out of betas. Then delete PinballArcade.exe from the steam folder. Then do a verify integrity. It should redownload the exe.

I did read that sometimes files set to read only can cause that error. Right click the steam installation folder and uncheck read only and apply to all subfolders.

Did all that and Steam still spits out error code 80 when I try and run the beta. I even tried removing all local save files and trying after restarting Steam, but no dice.

Sorry I can't give you a log for the friend's list.

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
Did all that and Steam still spits out error code 80 when I try and run the beta. I even tried removing all local save files and trying after restarting Steam, but no dice.

Sorry I can't give you a log for the friend's list.

Are you able to play the normal build?

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
Noting that I have the exact same problems Xanija does (Never see my own friend scores, don't see friend scores at all on a lot of tables), with about 100 TPA / 180 total steam friends. I did the beta log test thing, but I won't bother pasting it here unless you want me to since it looks the same as the ones others have posted so far.

Brock

Jan 28, 2014
Love the new release but disappointed again that nothing's been fixed re: Friends leaderboards. This is really a big deal to me and important for the social aspect of the game that could be so great. I know Farsight has a lot on its plate but is there really no chance of them devoting some resources to get this fixed?

vpalmer

Aug 18, 2013
and new tournament started, but NOT for PC AGAIN!
Mike, may be you'll ask your colleagues from Zen to teach you how to use Steam API to make Friends filter for leaderboards - they know, i promise.

Last edited:

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
Tossing out some grumblings here as well since it's been a really long time at this point waiting for this. My only solace is that I have a lot more free time till it gets fixed.

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
Love the new release but disappointed again that nothing's been fixed re: Friends leaderboards. This is really a big deal to me and important for the social aspect of the game that could be so great. I know Farsight has a lot on its plate but is there really no chance of them devoting some resources to get this fixed?

I have a question on who are the friends that are listed on the leaderboards that I access within a table. I just discovered that today when looking to see how I faired after an ok game on LCA. I noticed the friends leaderboards for the first time when I was searching through the categories listed on the right flipper of the leaderboard for all tables. Most of the friends are on my Steam friends list, but there are names on the TPA leaderboard list that are not Steam friends.

Can someone refresh my memory on where this list comes from. I sure enjoyed comparing my score to my Leaderboard's friends. I'm at the bottom of the list, but gives me incentive to do better.

My TPA screen name is the same as my Steam's, MontanaFrank. I enjoy new friends and don't mind being at the bottom of a list.

N

netizen

Can someone refresh my memory on where this list comes from. I sure enjoyed comparing my score to my Leaderboard's friends. I'm at the bottom of the list, but gives me incentive to do better.

This list is populated with friends you have added on Steam.

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
Thanks Netizen. That's what I thought and am very happy you are one of my friends. I just was a little confused by the posts from above. I am not sure what these fine forum members are truly talking about.

Which is par of the course for me. The only thing I really understand about Steam is that I can play TPA on it, I know how to accept fine pinball players to be my friends and I get ads for games that I really am not interested in. The rest of Steam I'm ignorant as how to use it.

I'm technologically ignorant on a lot of things concerning a computer. I am just so thankful for this forum and members like you Netizen to help me out when I'm in technological need.

N

netizen

I'm technologically ignorant on a lot of things concerning a computer. I am just so thankful for this forum and members like you Netizen to help me out when I'm in technological need.

You seem to doing pretty good Frank. Some the smartest people I know are always asking questions :)

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
I was about to write a list of what works and what doesn't, when I realised Steam hasn't updated the version yet, it still shows 1.27.4. :D

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts