Full Throttle

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
"The 2013 German Pinball Open also hosted the first public showing on Heighway Pinball's Full Throttle game."

"The machine is only a prototype, but it was flipable with some scoring, playfield insert and feature illumination and the main music track."

"A number of the final game's features were missing, including the pop-up bumpers and the chain drive ball lock mechanism, but the machine allowed players to get a feel for the playfield layout which proved to be very smooth and fast."

Full throttle arrives and is set up:

image.jpg

The swapable cabinet artwork:

image.jpg

The Full Throttle prototype's playfield:

image.jpg

karl

May 10, 2012
There is so much happening in the world of pinball these days. Almost hard to keep track of it all :).

I think this looks very promising. I actually like the placement of the lcd screen. The theme is a bit overused but if done right, this could still be a winner.

Clawhammer

Nov 1, 2012
Wish there was a video of this in action. Full Throttle seems to be getting upstaged by WOZ, but it looks like a neat project. I remember seeing the original announcement on pinballnews.com when it was still Circe's Animal House, and it has actually come along quite quickly.

goforthewall

Feb 21, 2012
I was at the event and saw the Full Throttle pin live, but it was out of order. In the end everyone ended up playing the Cactus Canyion that was right beside it :p The custom The Outbreak pin was working though and that had some CRAZY stuff (lightgun on the cabinet, working ball shot gun on the playfield)...

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
I like the look of it, but I don't know if I like the idea of a screen that takes up most of the playfield (unless it's done so it blends in with the lines/artwork already on the table). Otherwise, it looks like it has a solid design.

I'm glad these other, smaller companies are coming out of the woodwork... someone needs to show Stern that you can still make a good machine that doesn't feel cheap.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
The ramps look very cool. I thought the video screen would be more active, but maybe there will be more in the finished product. So far so good.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Yeah, I really like the intersection on the ramp! My first thought was, ugh, plastic ramps (I like wire frame better), but after seeing that detail I'm onboard.

So there's this, the Predator table, Jersey Jack, P3, and of course Stern. Any others?

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
While I always appreciate pinball, I find the artwork and theme very tacky & cliche. Admittedly I prefer hard rock & hip hop, but 80's hair metal? No thanks...

If I found one in a pub or arcade I would play it (of course!!) but if I was ever in the market for a real pinball table this would be at the bottom of my list.

Maybe I'm being shallow, I'm sure it plays great, but can this machine ever be a match (aesthetics wise) for something like Tron Legacy pumping out Daft Punk?

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
There could be a better use for the screen and the windows style framing with icons needs to go. I agree with you about the music and TRON we need a pin bumping some dubstep!!

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
There could be a better use for the screen and the windows style framing with icons needs to go. I agree with you about the music and TRON we need a pin bumping some dubstep!!

Dubstep? No no nooooo! Let me put this in perspective, America = trailer trash = banjo music. Britain = chavs = dubstep.

If I heard dubstep pumping out of a pinball machine it would remind me of a concrete front lawn with a burnt mattress in it.

BTW agree with the rest :)

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Yeah, I really like the intersection on the ramp! My first thought was, ugh, plastic ramps (I like wire frame better), but after seeing that detail I'm onboard.

So there's this, the Predator table, Jersey Jack, P3, and of course Stern. Any others?

A few that come to mind:

Spooky's Pinball Zombies From Beyond the Grave
JPop's Magic Girl and Zombie Adventureland
Captain Nemo

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts