Bug Fun House always crashes

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 3.0 8"
Occurrence: 100% (tried 3 times, then gave up)
Description:
Since Fun House is the Free Table this month, I decided to give it a go. Unfortunately it crashes every time, a couple of minutes into the game. I couldn't tell if there was any particular trigger for this, but from what I recall, it seemed to happen randomly each time.

Mad07

Feb 13, 2013
Hmm, on my Tab the table works without any problems. Same OS 4.4.2, Samsung Tab 12.2 Pro Note. Only different could be, that I've buy the table. Maybe try to delete the table and reload them once again

mpclemens

Jun 26, 2013
I can get it to crash reliably when the game is over by clicking the "Start" button to play again. The advertisement insertion code is still broken -- even an Orballs ad is preferable to a crash! The only workaround I know of is to launch the game via "Game Setup -> 1 Player"

Mid-game crashes happen to me on any table if I pause without pressing the in-game "pause" button first. I assume TPA needs to save off some resources, because pausing mid-game by closing the cover on my tablet is a guaranteed crash when the app restarts. I have also seen stability problems when too many other apps are going in the background, or when the wifi setup changes while a game is going -- say, from playing at home to getting in a quick game at work during lunch. TPA hates wifi network changes.

I've decided that TPA is just a delicate butterfly of an app, and always gets played in Airplane mode, with few to no other apps going, and always with an on-screen pause to suspend the action. Even then, returning to the game can cause oddness, like sections of the HUD needing a redraw, or the speed running at either 1/2 or (rarely) 2x the normal speed. Repeated pausing and un-pausing tends to iron these out. Given that it's trying to always run at 60fps for the physics engine, I can see where another app running can choke it. My spontaneous-crash-count has dropped immensely since treating the app with kid gloves.

For the record: Nexus 7 1st generation, Android 4.4.4 stock, non-rooted. And very little else running at the same time!

Potrzebie

Sep 4, 2014
Was thinking of buying FH, but my free play reacts the same way:

Galaxy Tab3 7"
Frequency: 100%
Circumstances: On pressing start button for a new game
On-screen prompt: "Unfortunately Pinball Arcade Has Stopped"

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012

Scumble373

FarSight Employee
Jul 1, 2014
Farsight is aware of this and a fix is coming. There is another thread where this problem is discussed.

http://digitalpinballfans.com/showt...al-quot-Button-Crash?highlight=Kindle+version

Thanks for the link Kolchak!

Yes, the fix has been implemented and should be in the release on Friday. Note that this bug is not a bug with the table funhouse, but was actually a bug with the table of the month. So on Friday feel free to try the table of the month, and funhouse and tell me if you have any issues.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Thanks for the link Kolchak!

Yes, the fix has been implemented and should be in the release on Friday. Note that this bug is not a bug with the table funhouse, but was actually a bug with the table of the month. So on Friday feel free to try the table of the month, and funhouse and tell me if you have any issues.

Are you allowed to tell us what the next table of the month is going to be?

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I think it's going to be Dr Dude based on the clue.

Edit - Next free table of the month is definitely Dr. Dude. FS posted it on their Facebook page.

Last edited:

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I think it's going to be Dr Dude based on the clue.

Edit - Next free table of the month is definitely Dr. Dude. FS posted it on their Facebook page.

D'oh. Of course, I'd forgotten that :rolleyes: The newsletter, the BSD clues, all that jazz!! All okay then since I don't own it on Android, I can check it out.

I presume what is being talked about is the reveal of the table of the month after Dr Dude, which will presumably be trailed in the next newsletter and will have the clue for the table after BSD. But I'm getting ahead of myself and in danger of turning this into Yet Another Speculation Thread.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts