Future Season 3 Poll

Which of the three Williams® tables would you like to be included in Season Three?

• Cyclone

Votes: 107 26.7%
  • Earthshaker!

Votes: 116 28.9%
  • Diner

Votes: 178 44.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Due to the horrible spam by specifically one user abusing the system (not to mention disrespect to us and Farsight), I decided to make a fresh, new poll. This will be on the same 3 tables (Earthshaker, Cyclone, and Diner), and hopefully there will be no abuse over here.

danivempire

Oct 26, 2013
I'm happy with this decision, and hope this time it will turn all right!

ps: voted diner ^^

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I was hoping we would have someone do an informal poll since I am too lazy to start one! I voted earthshaker and I hope cyclone gets second.

Rafie

Jul 17, 2012
I voted Diner. We need a food pin. ;) Although, Earthshaker was such a great pin. However, we'll be missing the actual rumbling from the table. I guess the rumble features on the consoles will come in handy.

Feb 19, 2014
I voted EarthShaker for a lot of reasons.

I think the first shaker motor game for pinball arcade will be really cool, and it's something that can be done on all devices and consoles.

The music, artwork, and speech is all great and so classic.

I want this and Banzai run (and Addams obviously) to complete the Lawlor Bally/Williams pinography. We're so close. I really love also how certain tables reference other tables within the arcade, it makes the whole thing feel connected, and wouldn't it be cool if every table featured in Twilight Zones "fast lock" was in pinball arcade. It just feels right. We'd have both the disaster pins (whirlwind being the other), and like with Black Knight and Pinbot, it would just feel like something's missing if we didn't have them, ya know?

I realize Diner has slight ties to Taxi, but it just doesn't do it for me. I don't like the music or theme at all. Cyclone doesn't have a multiball, and not a fan of clowns or clown music.

Not trying to influence anyone's decision, but just make sure you take a good look at all 3 before chosing. Thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLwtQlvW97E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP9CrIr38RI

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I voted EarthShaker for a lot of reasons.

I think the first shaker motor game for pinball arcade will be really cool, and it's something that can be done on all devices and consoles.

With respect to shaker motor support for all devices, that's not entirely correct. Not all mobile devices have vibrator motors installed. In fact, many tablets just don't feature this piece of hardware.

If controller support for the rocker motor can be implemented, for example SixAxis and PS3 controller, then yeah.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I voted Earthshaker. I wouldn't be bummed if Cyclone got the nod though, just so we can get a coaster pin. Even without the shaker motor, Earthshaker is still a great pin, btw.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
Just so everyone knows. Harley Davidson features a vibrating table as well. And don't we just love the way FarSight implemented it?

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
With respect to shaker motor support for all devices, that's not entirely correct. Not all mobile devices have vibrator motors installed. In fact, many tablets just don't feature this piece of hardware.

If controller support for the rocker motor can be implemented, for example SixAxis and PS3 controller, then yeah.

Just so everyone knows. Harley Davidson features a vibrating table as well. And don't we just love the way FarSight implemented it?

Hah, that would explain why HD 3rd seems so bland (apart from being a Whitestar Stern of course ;-)). I would imagine that the rocker motor would rumble away in time with the HD engine noises, or when you shoot a ramp, or when you get a feature like multiball.

Putting it into perspective though, Fungi. How many tables in the collection at the moment feature a rocker motor. It's only HD, correct?

Notwithstanding, it would be great to have the rocker motor as a user-adjustable feature at some point. And it would pave the way for other titles (many Data East tables loved the rocker motor as a feature).

Feb 19, 2014

Well, early releases didn't have animated DMD displays on the machine either. Not too late to implement the feature and EarthShaker is the perfect pin to debut it!

amv71

Feb 29, 2012
Gosh this was a toughie for me but I went for Earthshaker in the end cos, well, it's Lawlor, innit?

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I don't know about other devices and controllers but the Dualshock3 is capable of stimulating the little vibration you feel when the ball hits the flipper and it can do it on each side independently. As long as we're dreaming we might as well dream big. That little feeling would be very immersive if done subtly enough.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I would imagine that the rocker motor would rumble away in time with the HD engine noises, or when you shoot a ramp, or when you get a feature like multiball. Putting it into perspective though, Fungi. How many tables in the collection at the moment feature a rocker motor. It's only HD, correct?

Not only would that table shake, it would RRRRRUMMMMMBLLLLLEEE like it had a Hog's engine in it. Place a beer bottle on it and it would probably jump right off. Without the vibration gimmick tho', you're just stuck with a bland table with bad voice acting. As far as tables with motors in them, I can only think of these 2.

Well, early releases didn't have animated DMD displays on the machine either. Not too late to implement the feature and EarthShaker is the perfect pin to debut it!

I agree. Earthshaker would definitely be the time to do it.

invitro

May 4, 2012
I want whichever table won't be stale after 5 minutes. I've played ES and Cyclone each dozens of times, mostly when they were new, and don't remember them clearly. I vaguely remember ES as being the least Lawlor, and way behind WWind. And I vaguely remember Cyclone being literally hit one ramp over and over. I fear that skilled players will get nothing at all out of Cyclone.

I voted for Diner, because I've barely played that one.

I'm not excited about any of these, or HS, either. I would be more excited with less-common Williams/Ballys from the same time period (Banzai Run, Space Station, Millionaire), or F-14 Tomcat, or W/Bs from 1977-1982, or Jackbot. I suppose since the WMS unlicensed DMDs are running dry, down to only Jackbot and Safecracker I think?, that those are being saved for the very unlikely event that Farsight makes a Season 4.

Edit: I suppose that ES and HS will be big fun for someone who has never played them! :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Members online