Game of Thrones - 14 big pics

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
23:00 CEST. Inside the Stern Pinball factory.
got.jpg

Last edited:

canuck

Nov 28, 2012
wow, watching SR play the actual game, it looks really well done. Still don't care much for the artwork, but the lighting and sound effects are great.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Some things looked good and some bad. It looked like it played smooth and the lighting was nice.
How bad was the DMD animation during video mode? In 2015 I expect better.

karl

May 10, 2012
I was pleasantly surprised watching the twitch stream.

The biggest surprise was that the rules is far from bare-boned.

This looked really good. Great flow and very interesting rules with a lot of variation and options. The rules are very different from the usual stuff.

That is my one problem with Star Trek. On that game it just feels like every mode is basically the same after a while. This game is far more interesting, rule wise, in my book.

I am seriously considering the GOT pro now. The Premium will be extremely expensive over here, with the strong dollar and I actually think that mini playfields are a bit overrated.

The gimmick soon wears off on most of them. Take AC/DC, Batman the dark knight and Transformers as an example. I guess that Family Guy is an exception to the rule, but on most games I find them unnecessary after awhile

And when you take that part away, there is only the throne ball lock that the premium/Le has over the pro.

This time there is no drop targets or spinners missing on the pro. It even has the same speaker panel graphics and apron that the le has (if I am not mistaken)

These things are much more important to me than a toy that does nothing, like say the extra ship on Star Trek or the amplifier on Kiss :)

About video mode: It is totally optional. You do not even have to play it, so I see no reason to even comment on that part other than it looked a bit old fashioned, like you hinted at kolchak ;)

Last edited:

invitro

May 4, 2012
I thought GoT looked great on the twitch thing. Really great, especially for a Stern. The table action was super, and the DMD didn't look completely garbage. Maybe my worries about Stern should be lessened.

This is the 1st time I've ever watched real pinball on twitch though, I may be easily impressed, and it was fun to see Steve Ritchie strutting around.

If this will be the 1st SPA release, I'll be very happy.

The Hobbit and Game of Thrones look exactly alike. ;)

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Guys, remember this is a Steve Ritchie, so regardless of how it looks, it will play fantastic.

karl

May 10, 2012
Agree. Judging from the video, it plays great. Lots of action, fast returns and also backhands. All the things that SR is known for.

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
Why does it have to be so ugly? I thought KISS looked pretty great for a Stern and had dared to believe they were turning a corning with table art. Nope! Back to baaaad photoshop and terrible graphic design elements. I guess it's a good thing that Ritchie is the designer cuz i'm sure I'll enjoy it, but who wants that in their den? Yuck.

invitro

May 4, 2012
Here is a pretty good quality video of the pro, in a completely dark environment
Thanks for posting this! I think it looks great, and I hope it comes to SPA, along with the Premier and LE versions. I may be losing my mind, but this seems pretty exciting and almost approaching the WMS days. And I wish I had one in my den. ;)

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
Looks cool, except the TV show original main theme playing all the time. Will be quickly very annoying.

They should use this one instead! lol

Last edited:

karl

May 10, 2012
This one will suit the video mode for GOT perfectly (if you have seen the quality of the dmd dots ;) )

Tan Coul

Mar 15, 2012
I got the chance to play GoT Pro edition at Play Expo Manchester yesterday (unlike the other 100+ tables there on Free Play, it cost £1 a go with proceeds to charity) and it was actually pretty fun - kind of like a souped up No Fear, but then again I like No Fear, so...

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
WOAH WOAH WOAH, I could listen to the real opening theme on loop for 24 hours.

Also, first time I've seen the "serious" 90s intro. Weird mix of credits, Sean Bean but no Jason Momoa?

Gus

Mar 5, 2014
I don't get to play real pinball much, but I spent a couple of hours at an arcade this weekend and played a bunch of tables. There were mostly newer Sterns there, and GoT was one of them. I really enjoyed it! Nice flow and good gameplay was my impression. I've never seen it before and didn't know anything about the rules, but I got a couple of replays at 4-500M points which felt like solid games. Pretty cool to see a kicker a la F14 (Yagov). I don't think I've ever played a table with one of those before! :) It would be great if this table makes it into the FS/Stern app!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts