Gamepad

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I've just started using an X360 wireless controller, and had a few sticky issues setting it up, but that was more the controller than TPA. I'm also getting CTDs which I never got before. So far it's happened in HS and AFM. They're pseudo-CTDs, in that the game is still running, but I can't bring it back to the foreground.

What OS are you running?

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
For the ones with some crafting skills I would recommend gamepad hacking to build a custom pinball controller :)
That was what I did befor building a cabinet. Just buy some cheap flipper / arcade buttons (ebay), build a wooden box (or a shoe box reinforced with some tape), and put an old (ebay) gamepad in there. Now you just need a litle soldering skills to wire everything (or a friend who can do it). Very much fun to grab something with actual buttons on the side an play pinball.

AshleyAshes

Jun 27, 2012
I'm mildly amused after realizing that I can ALMOST play using a Windows Media Center Edition IR remote on my HTPC. I can nudge, launch the ball and hit the left flipper with various keys. Sadly, no dice on the right flipper. And, ya know, being IR, it can only send one keypress type at a time, so it's really nearly impossible to play. Still entertaining though.

LMA

Jun 14, 2013
I'm thinking of getting the Xbox One Wireless + Charging kit I know I will need to buy a USB receiver separate. Still researching it yet to see if it all works with Windows 8.

p6800

May 17, 2013
There is no wireless receiver for the one gamepad. It only works with a wire.

360 wireless + receiver = best thing for pc users.

LMA

Jun 14, 2013
I know Microsoft is releasing an Xbox One wired gamepad for PC in November. Wireless will not work. No receiver available. Looks like I'll hang on for a few months or get the X360 wireless instead.

Last edited:

Mairtin

Oct 24, 2014
Hi.

I built a cabinet pinball.

The ingredients:

-Bluetooth gamepad
-iPod docking station with speakers (4 speakares)
-Tablet (any!)
-Pinball shooter and buttons

The pinball shooter operates, manages the pinball arcade launcher.

3 pictures here, more photos can be found at here: https://plus.google.com/photos/114437229373591958968/albums/6076503322981936945

(google translate)

3.JPG

2.JPG

4.JPG

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
For PS3 people you need use motioninjoy or betterds3, and choose the xbox360 controller profile. it will then work. Or use the other wrapper.

Anything else and you will need to use keymappers (and lose analog nudging) or use a 360 controller emulator.

I'm saddened that ps3 controllers aren't directly supported by more stuff, as they have a standard mapping as well. Wired ps3 controllers are a good standard mapping for directinput.

Members online

Members online