Geekenstein discussion w/ Bobby King

N

netizen

In case you missed Pin Wiz's annoucement:

There is a podcast by Geekenstein featuring an interview with Bobby King. He discusses the development costs and other issues including the upcoming kickstarter for Terminator 2!!

So much for my ideas about the subscription model being a way to license machines without needing a kickstarter.

N

netizen

Yeah, I hope that this openness about the costs of things will make this KS a bit less of a hard sell.

I can imagine that there are some people who are a little bitter about the premium tables being included in the season pass packs after they were priced more than the regular tables, and all the issues with entitlement redemptions for different platforms; that are still ongoing(?)

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
Did they say anything about the target amount? I wish they would toss up a hand full of tables and let us vote for the next Kickstarter table. Start from the top and work their way down our list until they get one that works out.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
Every time I hear Bobby being interviewed he's using a crappy phone. I've heard him interviewed through three sources now and they're all low quality.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
I'm typically not one of the "Negative Nelly's" around here, but I'm not biting on this one. Sorry. T2's a cool table and I'll probably plunk down the ten bucks (ios and PS3) if and when it comes out. However, the problems with the last two kickstarters and my passive interest in this one are gonna keep me away this time.

I know they'll be a lot of people interested in getting T2 but, for me, this last pack with Centaur and Pin*Bot being my favorite in a long while you can see where my interests are.

sotie

Aug 30, 2012
I know it probably won't change the feelings of people that were left with a bad taste in their mouth by the previous kickstarters but it was nice to hear Bobby acknowledge that they stumbled with the award delivery on them.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
I haven't listened to it yet ( it's 6am here ) but has Bobby explained how delivery will be different this time? I'm mainly an iOS user so I was happy enough with how the last 2 turned out but obviously Xbox users ( duh! ) and PS3 users ( late or very late delivery ) will feel VERY differently.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I haven't listened to it yet ( it's 6am here ) but has Bobby explained how delivery will be different this time? I'm mainly an iOS user so I was happy enough with how the last 2 turned out but obviously Xbox users ( duh! ) and PS3 users ( late or very late delivery ) will feel VERY differently.

No, just that they're working on making it smoother this time around (hopefully that means something good for the 360 situation).

Sort of a generic interview about TPA, so most of the content is rehashed from other interviews and Farsight's videos.

Last edited:

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
No, just that they're working on making it smoother this time around

I don't know what the answer is but there has to be a way to deliver the codes or whatever AT TABLE RELEASE otherwise why bother backing? I know its not in the spirit of kickstarter but getting the table after everyone else who didn't contribute ( and in some cases a long time after ) after paying more ( this ISN'T a problem ) easily cancels out any good feeling that you helped make it happen.

Last edited:

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
I don't know what the answer is but there has to be a way to deliver the codes or whatever AT TABLE RELEASE otherwise why bother backing? I know its not in the spirit of kickstarter but getting the table after everyone else who didn't contribute ( and in some cases a long time after ) after paying more ( this ISN'T a problem ) easily cancels out any good feeling that you helped make it happen.

Actually I think that is the spirit of Kickstarter. Most of the Kickstarters that I have followed the backers are first to get the final product and usually at a discount. The board games that I've followed offered the final game at a 10 or 20% discount from what non-backers would ultimately pay. For the most part Kickstarters have been a way for people to pay upfront production costs with pre-sales of the product. FarSight has essentially been asking for people to donate more money than the end product would cost and as a thank-you they give you a copy of product. FarSight's Kickstarter model has been more like public television fund raisers. Donate $60 to your local public tv station and get a DVD of last season's This Old House (retail value $30).

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Yeah pretty generic interview YOURS ARE WAY BETTER JEFF! Sounds like BK is on speaker phone while he's working. The artists do the collision mesh? they need to study how balls react to slingshots better specifically the top.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I'm not gonna even bother listening to anyone else's interviews except for Jeff's. Jeff asks the questions we want answers to!

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
The more the better!

I agree. Thanks for the compliments on my interviews, guys. As for this one, I didn't mean the generic thing as a jab. I just wanted to let Kevlar know not to expect too much new content from this. But yeah, the more the better.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
To be fair, he also asks US what questions to ask Bobby. So Jeff goes in with guns fully loaded.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts