Request General Wish List Thread

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
the ability to import/export images from the game for individual user customizations. Custom art is fun, I have loved messing with in-game graphics since Wolfenstein 3D. I don't know if this is something that you would actually do, but it would be awesome. I would make a really creepy looking version of fun house and make Rudy look so evil. I'm the kind of guy who would get a real life pinball table and custom paint the whole thing.

Emmanuel Papillon

Apr 26, 2012
Would it be possible to implement a zoom feature to be able to look at the table closer?

In Pinball FX 2, holding the camera button pauses the game and zooms on the table, and you can move around with the stick. Such a feature should be easy to implement, maybe using a previously unused button.

Also, do we know when the glass reflection will be given as an option?

Tabe

Apr 12, 2012
the ability to import/export images from the game for individual user customizations. Custom art is fun, I have loved messing with in-game graphics since Wolfenstein 3D. I don't know if this is something that you would actually do, but it would be awesome. I would make a really creepy looking version of fun house and make Rudy look so evil. I'm the kind of guy who would get a real life pinball table and custom paint the whole thing.
This will never happen because of licensing.

Tabe

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
I'm still hoping for XMB music playing on the PS3.
Until then I rigged up a system to play music from my iPod Touch via an 1/8th" Y-splitter plus RCA to 1/8" cable, but it's kind of crazy to go through all of this when I have tons of music sitting on my PS3 hdd. :p

Playing Arcade Ambience in the background while playing TPA gives you a great feeling of being in an actual arcade. It sounds kind of silly, but give it a try sometime.
It gives it another level of realism IMO.

Arcade Ambience tracks can be downloaded from here:

I recommend the
Arcade Ambience 1981 (65 minutes) for older tables and Arcade Ambience 1992 (65 minutes) for the newer stuff. They even added pinball sounds to the newer ones so you might hear
something familiar. :)

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
This will never happen because of licensing.

Tabe

I'm pretty sure licensing has nothing to do with editing custom graphics for your own personal use. When Pinball arcade hits PC some random person (not affilated with farsight of course) will make an image extractor/importer as is what happens for almost all PC games. Truth be told once this hits PC a large group of people will immediatley attempt to figure out how to take it apart and mess with every aspect of it. Most likley unofficial table building tools will hit the internet and people like the folks at VP will attempt to port their own favorite tables. It's kind of immpossible to prevent this other than not releasing a PC version.

raschi

Jun 4, 2012
For mobile devices I would like for FarSight Studios to implement head-tracking. I think it would add a lot of depth to the tables if the camera shifted a bit depending on where our head is. If this is too cpu heavy to implement, they could use the built in tilt functions of mobile devices to shift the camera.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
Most likley unofficial table building tools will hit the internet and people like the folks at VP will attempt to port their own favorite tables. It's kind of immpossible to prevent this other than not releasing a PC version.

You're making a very strong case for the latter. Considering companies can be sued over mods to their game (see hot coffee), they need to be vary careful with their PC release.

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
You're making a very strong case for the latter. Considering companies can be sued over mods to their game (see hot coffee), they need to be vary careful with their PC release.

'Hot Coffee' wasn't a mod, the code was always present in the game, the modders simply unlocked it.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
'Hot Coffee' wasn't a mod, the code was always present in the game, the modders simply unlocked it.

I'm fully aware of this, but I'm not gonna argue semantics with you, my original point stands: they dont want their commercial game become a patent infringing building tool.

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
let's all be awesome friends who share the love of the greatest pinball tables of all time :)
I'm just saying their going to have to figure out some crazy new security protection that changes all the time to stop the eithusist hackers who would love to get their hands on it. Maybe they can acomplish this through steam somehow, but it costs allot of money to be on the cutting edge of locking your game from those who like to tinker.

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
I think Steam can do an integrity check of the files and replace those which have been modified, not 100% sure on that though.

LocustGod

Aug 10, 2012
Hi guys, first post here. Has there been any discussion involving improved score-chasing? Being that it's pinball and 90% of the reason we play is to post a high score; it only makes sense to have a way of keeping track of whatever points your friends have as you play along and then trying to beat them (as Zen has it, I believe).

Also, would cross-platform leaderboards work? IOS / PS3 / Wii / 360, etc all on one board? Like, "all-time cross platform" leaderboards? I think the point scoring system is easily the weakest of everything else in the game.

Last edited:

Brandon Debes

Mar 29, 2012
Welcome to the forums! I love the score chasing idea. I always really enjoy that feature in games like Shadow Complex. And to your point, it's even more relevant and exciting in pinball, where score is king (goals are fun too though; thanks for those, FarSight). Though I hate that we keep comparing to Zen, seeing something in TPA like what they do in this regard would be super.

Cross-platform leaderboards, on the other hand, are perhaps not as great an idea. I believe that there is an inherent advantage to the platforms with tactile flipper inputs and analog nudge control over the phone and tablet touchscreens. It doesn't seem fair to lump them in together. If you were playing a first-person shooter with a dual-analog stick gamepad, you wouldn't want to be matched up against someone with 1,000+ DPI mouse aiming capability. It's a moot discussion anyway, however, as many of the platform holders will never allow this.

Daniel Osborne

Feb 28, 2012
A mate of mine off borders down forum doesn't like the views at all, although he likes the views off the Williams collection. Are there any more in the pipeline?

Neil L

Aug 5, 2012
I brought up a few suggestions on one of my other posts maybe these could be added to the first post:

1. On the after game score screen could there be an option to replay with the same number of players (with button A) rather than going back to the main screen and having to set the number of players again (maybe button B to go back to the main screen)

2. I've noticed in the above screen that the player names and scores look a bit wonky.

3. After setting the high score the box stays on at the bottom of the screen.

4. Why does the camera angle number keeps popping up in the bottom left corner when none of the camera buttons have been pressed, could these be hidden? (Unless a camera button is pressed)

5. A way to lock the camera buttons and stop them working would be nice as I'm forever hitting them by accident and having to reset them (maybe the unused Back button to turn lock on and off). The DMD button could also be locked with this.

6. Or maybe the camera settings/DMD settings could be set from the options menu (per table):

Plunger cam: 1/2/3
Table Cam: 1/2/3/4
Zoom: On/Off
Multiball Cam: On/Off
DMD: On/On with player number & ball number/Off
DMD Position: SD/HD
Button Lock: On/Off (as mentioned in 5 above)

7. An option to delete high scores and reset the goals (per table) would also be helpful. (Useful after a bugfix like Monster Bash :) )
Why does the standard goals option disappear from the menu once completed?

8. Removal of the 'Full Game Enabled' box on the table screen (it doesn't really need to be there, like the 'Owned' stamp on other platforms)
Could all the boxes be shown on this screen as there's plenty of room for them (rather than having to scroll sideways)

9. When the camera is moving round the table in attract mode could the DMD be shown on the backglass rather than the top corner of the screen (rather than a blank box) (Like CV does but with the corner DMD turned off)
A way to hide the all text (Table name, 'Press A' etc.) on this screen would be nice.

10. Last, but no means least: Please could a list of bugfixes & changes be added to each update.

If you've any comments on these, please post them.

Last edited:

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
My daughter and I just chastise my wife for turning the DMD off by accident multiple times per game. That works for us. I think we'd miss it if it didn't happen anymore.

Moon Jump

Apr 19, 2012
I'm pretty sure I've said this before in this thread but I'd like to see the games set the way they were in the William's Collection where if you got enough points for a replay it went to a free credit (which didn't matter) rather then an extra ball. Some games you can gain extra balls WAY too easy. I'd like to have it where you can play it with and without extra balls enabled. I hope that's what they mean by a Tournament Mode. It's super hard, but I love the challenge of only having three balls and if you do gain earn an extra ball you just get points.

BonzoGonzo

Jun 12, 2012
yes, a thousand times yes :)

just played funhouse today and upped my score to 189,584,980

but in the process of doing so i got like, 6 extra balls at least :p

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts