Get Pro Pinball "Big Race USA" for FREE!!!

DrainoBraino

Apr 11, 2012
Awesome! I have the win98 version on cd but can't get it to work on my vista laptop nor my windows 7 desktop. This version works great!

So what do I do to get the other tables? If I pledge $2 do I get to download the tables now or what? Is The Web available? I must have these.

Last edited:

laughing_lunatic

Jun 6, 2012
So "four way" needs more power than "two way" for example?

Yes it does. You ever try it ?

Hmmmm... just tried the freebie, FRAPS reports an average frame rate of 27. I have a 6 core i7 970 with 16GB RAM and a GTX670 w/4GB. I may have to pass if that's the best I can get.

Last edited:
N

Nik Barbour

Time to check what the hubbub is about.

e: hrmm only 10% of goal reached, thats looking dire.

I think they screwed their own success with this kickstarter when they announced initial release was pc & ios only.
I can understand getting something to run well on the multitude of Android devices is difficult (so ios is preferred), and that FS and other developers have been through a nightmare of submission problems with the console markets, but that doesn't mean a successful kickstarter can afford to ignore these markets, especially when asking for such a large sum.

I'm a big fan of Pro Pinball and bought all 4 tables back in the day. Back then nothing compared, and for the sake of nostalgia I would have paid approx £10 to play the original tables on Android, and would have spent about £10 again to play the new table again on Android or xbox. But having ignored these markets, i won't be pledging anything.

I just think, yeah it was good, but the original tables don't compare to the potential TPA has to offer, and by limiting their market, they have probably cut off half of their potentially limited nostalgia funds anyway.

I hope they make it. I doubt they will, and it won't be with my backing until more platforms are supported!

jkonami

Apr 4, 2012
I don't think it's necessarily platform support, just that it's a huge chunk of change. I hope it can make it, it would be a shame to lose a potential brand new Lawlor table to "what could of been,"

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Can somebody explain to me how to install it on an iMAC I read something about winebottle that didnt work and noticed that trying to open with terminal didnt work as the EXE. had a winebottle like icon.
$15,555 a day for 30 days thats steep!

jkonami

Apr 4, 2012
Damn, it looks like you don't get the other two tables until the project gets funded. At least I get to check out one of them finally.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
I was quite disappointed myself after all the hype about best simulation ever. I think there's a lot of rose tinted nostalgia going on here. Certainly not a patch on TPA.

I agree with the rose tinted glasses:
I think the physics and simulation are very decent but altogether comparable to TPA (certainly not better). The ball feels a little too light, especially in lateral movement and bouncing of the table's items. Ball behaviour around the flippers feels a bit more accurate (although I havent had time to experiment with more than basic flipper technique).

HOWEVER: it was great considering the time of inception and the calculations it had to work with. I do disagree with TPA players that claim pro pinball "had better physics and that was 10 years ago". Although I must say the physics are better than MM and CV. Ill certainly pledge at the 2 dollar amount so I can have some decent pinball on the laptop on the go.

That said, digital pinball really could use a third company (ignoring the smaller app-developers). I'm just not sure the community can support a third one. Or let me rephrase: I think the community is big and eager enough the CAN support a third one once it pushes out products, I just don't think they can support the upfront costs of setting up that third one.

Last edited:

Sloopy_DE

Mar 15, 2012
N

Nik Barbour

Hey Nik, they've already announced, that they'll support XBOX 360 as well:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1790321238/pro-pinball-revived-and-remastered/posts/302926

Thanks for the heads up on the xbox announcement (I voted xbox in the poll couple of days back).
I'll probably back at the 15 level to get the new table now.

One possible problem though - est delivery is approx Oct 2013, which is roughly the roumered date of the new xbox release.
Brings up the question of backward compatibility, and which xbox they might end up releasing it for?

Sloopy_DE

Mar 15, 2012
One possible problem though - est delivery is approx Oct 2013, which is roughly the roumered date of the new xbox release.
Brings up the question of backward compatibility, and which xbox they might end up releasing it for?

I'm quite sure, they'll not do this exclusive for the new XBox... as they will develop the new engine to do the remastered versions of the four original tables beginning with the hopefully successfull kickstarter and will release the first one of them in February...

N

Nik Barbour

I'm quite sure, they'll not do this exclusive for the new XBox... as they will develop the new engine to do the remastered versions of the four original tables beginning with the hopefully successfull kickstarter and will release the first one of them in February...

I'll back on my dinner break today.
Not fussed about buying the original tables re-mastered as I own the original discs. I used to play them regularly up until Feb, but since TPA launched I haven't played since.
A new Lawlor table though - I can't say no to that.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Pretty cool how quickly they managed to reach a typical goal for a new TPA table though. In the grand scheme of things it looks like they've raised a pittance but more than 45K? Wow.

Jan Duin

Feb 20, 2012
Impressed with the graphics and the options (Operator Menu, adjustable slope of the table and table wear) and the overall ball handling. Hitting shots pretty consistently, the only minor gripe I have is slow ball behavior around the flippers and the randomly easy live catch. But for a 10 year old pinball game this is fantastic!

DrainoBraino

Apr 11, 2012
So I was up all night trying to get a huge score on BRUSA.:p

Im running this on my vista laptop thats about 3 years old, have it on medium detail and highest resolution. It runs absolutely perfect. On high detail I get some skipping and slowdown, but I can hardly tell the difference in detail when I lower the setting. Also setting the matrix display to permanent will improve gameplay. The intelligent setting causes some skips and slowdowns.

IMO, this has always had the best and most realistic physics. If you are not experiencing this, lower your detail setting and make sure you have permanent matrix display.

mmmagnetic

May 29, 2012
Just got my copy of Timeshock + BRUSA which I ordered on the day before they released BRUSA for free... but yeah, Timeshock for 7 euro should be worth it in any case.

On a sidenote, in case you didn´t know, there´s a little patch that lets the disc based games run without the CD in the drive:

http://www.gamecopyworld.com/games/pc_timeshock.shtml

It just replaced the exe, so you still need a legal disc of the game.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.