Getting tired of all the buggy tables

Dizzer2012

Banned
Oct 1, 2015
And it happened AGAIN. Played RIPLEY, counted till above 150 billion and what it says: 81 billion! OMFG. Or FUUTA is a very good cheater, or it is table nr... i lost count... where this is happening. Getting sick and tired of all these buggy tables, buggy scores and bonuses that don't count normal (not with this table because u have to tilt away the bonus because of another great game ending bug) or there is no way to keep track of your real score for so many tables. I think i give up. Fed up with this bull****
I hope there will come a better pinball game developer.

Last edited:

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
Which platform are you on? I have never experienced this bug on PS3 or PS4. The worst I see on Ripley's is the looking for ball bug.

Voof

Sep 22, 2015
Same here, only got the looking for ball bug, not an incorrect score. In the end I just play for fun but it is frustrating losing a score due to a bug

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Been there, done that.....had my share of heartbreak, especially in the first two seasons. To be fair, sometimes it's the ROM that is at fault, not Farsight. Those tables were not always built in real life to accomodate the high scoring that is possible in TPA. Then again, some tables definitely have bugs that have not been adresssed. I gave up on Black Knight for example, the lock can break your game if you inadvertently shoot it at the exit area. Multiple tables have rollover detction problems, especially with big bonus scores.

Dizzer2012

Banned
Oct 1, 2015
Which platform are you on? I have never experienced this bug on PS3 or PS4. The worst I see on Ripley's is the looking for ball bug.

PC. And i don't get it. The first score i get to 89, no problems. And now this, i wonder if anyone else can get above 99 billion, only to make sure that FUUTA isn't cheating that would be nice. Why would he go above 99 billion anyway if he can't know for sure that it's even possible and risk playing for nothing? Not the first time...

Other tables i should be first and only wasted a lot of time with: Addams Family, should have been 99 billion. Dracula, should be way above 200 billion. Can't remember exactly what it was with Red&Ted roadshow but not possible to keep track of how far u are. Big gamble to go for first place. Not even fun to try. Similar for Star Trek, don't know how Tarek can go to 999 on that one without miscounting. Never will even try it. Then we still got bugged Junk Yard. Always got the game ending bug somewhere around 3 billion. If u put together all the bugs in one topic it would become to big to read.

Last edited:

Dizzer2012

Banned
Oct 1, 2015
Same here, only got the looking for ball bug, not an incorrect score. In the end I just play for fun but it is frustrating losing a score due to a bug

Ofcourse, but the most fun is getting good scores, right? That's what i like about these games, the online leaderboards. People who don't care about that don't have to buy it and can get these games for free from torrent.

Dizzer2012

Banned
Oct 1, 2015
Been there, done that.....had my share of heartbreak, especially in the first two seasons. To be fair, sometimes it's the ROM that is at fault, not Farsight.

I'm not so very happy with Farsight for multiple reasons. The worst is they are not listening to any ideas, at all. I gave some examples in the LAH thread. They could at least fix the tables with game ending bugs, but they don't care. And since they make PC version DX9 so easy for so many tables, they could at least build in a counter so u can see your real score, and not just part of it. And also make clear in advance to how far u can go. And they don't care about cheaters also. Still enough obvious cheaterscores that are still there. They should have deleted all the score from Tales ot AN long time ago. Central Park first place, obvious bull****. Ok i'll stop my whining just wanted to let everybody know it was fun while it lasted, almost had that first place allround from Tarek but i'm really done with it after so many hours putting in for NOTHING. No more playing for first places. No more playing at all. I'm wasting my time here. 2 Many tables will be a matter of who wants to put in the most hours anyway and it's not really about skill. I hope FUUTA buys all the tables, is not a cheater and he can play those games with Tarek. I wanted to but not with this many bugs.

Maybe i will make some more videos in the future for fun on how to easy get good scores for some tables. I know a nice trick for F14 i bet everybody would want to know :cool:
BTW: congratulations Tarek, u can keep your first place now. Almost had u. :p

Tarek Oberdieck

Jan 18, 2015

As I said i'm not interested to play pinball more than 12 hours per day. If you keep this behaviour the first place would be yours forever...
Last week I've got the same problem with RbioN: 151 Billion and three more balls. The ROM crashed while pressing both flippers for faster bonus count.
Someday I'll try again. It's one of the best tables but for the moment it's enough...

Dizzer2012

Banned
Oct 1, 2015
Last week I've got the same problem with RbioN: 151 Billion and three more balls. The ROM crashed while pressing both flippers for faster bonus count.

? U know u have to tilt the ball to avoid the bonus? It crashes after one of those [don't know the name now) gets above 254. U are warned, u better go to 600 billion to get at least 120 billion.

Flipperdeflip

Feb 17, 2015
I gave up on Black Knight for example, the lock can break your game if you inadvertently shoot it at the exit area.

We're still waiting on the promised ROM emulation of BK, right?

Ofcourse, but the most fun is getting good scores, right? That's what i like about these games, the online leaderboards. People who don't care about that don't have to buy it and can get these games for free from torrent.

Actually you get on the leaderboard whether you bought the game or not.

Last edited:

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
I'm not so very happy with Farsight for multiple reasons. The worst is they are not listening to any ideas, at all. I gave some examples in the LAH thread. They could at least fix the tables with game ending bugs, but they don't care. And since they make PC version DX9 so easy for so many tables, they could at least build in a counter so u can see your real score, and not just part of it. And also make clear in advance to how far u can go. And they don't care about cheaters also. Still enough obvious cheaterscores that are still there. They should have deleted all the score from Tales ot AN long time ago. Central Park first place, obvious bull****. Ok i'll stop my whining just wanted to let everybody know it was fun while it lasted, almost had that first place allround from Tarek but i'm really done with it after so many hours putting in for NOTHING. No more playing for first places. No more playing at all. I'm wasting my time here. 2 Many tables will be a matter of who wants to put in the most hours anyway and it's not really about skill. I hope FUUTA buys all the tables, is not a cheater and he can play those games with Tarek. I wanted to but not with this many bugs.

Maybe i will make some more videos in the future for fun on how to easy get good scores for some tables. I know a nice trick for F14 i bet everybody would want to know :cool:

Sounds you have a bit of a burn-out, happens to everybody here I know that is into scoring and competing for places on the leaderboards. I tend to stay away from obvious buggy tables and when I get burnt out, I'll stop playing for a week and/or until a new release. What irks me for example is that on my particular iPad I can't get grand champion scores on POTO without crashing the whole saving to leaderboards/remote backup-restore system, necessitating a full reinstall. So POTO is off-limits for me and that will hurt my chase for a top 10 spot overall. My advice would be to give it a rest for a week, and then we'll be seeing your scores soar again probably :) The real addicts will not stay away..... ;)
About cheated scores: I put my trust in Invitro's leaderboard thread, even if that is not ideal too, as you had to experience yourself. It's damn hard to prove cheating if it's done subtly. TOTAN is a mess but that's also because of the fact that it is the free table and it therefore will get the most players/playing time and therefore probably also attracts teenage hackers that live in the basement in their parent's house.

Dizzer2012

Banned
Oct 1, 2015
Burn out maybe true, but for the most part i don't even want to risk so many waste of time anymore. Some are cheating to obvious, i hope FUUTA is for real. Maybe i only play the tournaments from now on, that can still be fun. But sometimes even that gets trustrating because of the rollover bugs. Like last tournament, didn't play that one because of CotBL. I'm not able to go above 10 billion, no matter what i try. It will depend on the tables. For TOTAN, if i look at those scores, i think scores from another table uploaded to that leaderboard, because the top 10 are all around the same score...

Flipperdeflip

Feb 17, 2015
O? But u have to sign in u can't do that with a cracked version i think.. It would be the firs illegal game where it is possible.
Since you log in on Farsight's server it doesn't make a difference whether it's a legit or a cracked version.
I believe it's different on the Xbox, as there you log in on Microsoft's servers.

Voof

Sep 22, 2015
Well at least you didn't have to face the trillion point ST:TNG score that appeared and beat my score a couple months back... Pinball Arcade never replied but the player seemed legit otherwise. Weird bug perhaps...

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
When head to head mode happens, then you can pick your person to battle against. I can't imagine anyone wanting to play one match that could possibly last that long, but I'm sure those people are out there!

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
I've had pretty good scores just disappear from the LAH high score table. I've also noticed that as of a couple updates ago, on iOS, the game has been hitching and stuttering randomly on a bunch of tables. I'm on the latest firmware on an iPad Air 2 and it happens at least a couple times a session.

But hey, a new app is coming to 9 platforms, I'm sure FS will find the time and resources to fix what's broken across all the platforms TPA is on. /s

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
I'm giving fair warning...From here on out, any posts with talk of "free" (unlocked) versions of TPA on torrents and/or information of how said "free" version works will be deleted immediately.

This post is for informational purposes only and not up for debate. Thank you.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
I know TPA isn't exactly true to life, but how long do you have to play to get 151 BILLION points on RBION? That's FIVE HUNDRED TIMES the highest score listed on Pinside!

Tarek Oberdieck

Jan 18, 2015
I know TPA isn't exactly true to life, but how long do you have to play to get 151 BILLION points on RBION? That's FIVE HUNDRED TIMES the highest score listed on Pinside!

That' not so long, 6-8 hours, I can't remember exactly. The key is to build a huge double continent bonus. At this point my one was at 3.8 Billion. So 10 times all continents are nearly 40 Billion in later gameplay...

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.