Ghostbusters pinball feedback

Ghostbusters highlights the humor of the original Ghostbusters film released in 1984. It was designed by John Trudeau to be easy to play but difficult to master

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
+1.
That's the first thing I thought watching the video posted in this thread. The insert of the four ghostbusters is just ugly. It looks like a bad copy-paste in Photoshop.

And the sounds are just annoying because the original HH wasn't designed to have voice acting, but only electronical sounds. So, in this Ghostbusters mod, you hear the same sentences again and again and again. Irritating.

The app is fortunately free. But I can't conceive someone pays for tokens, moreover for an average product.

It looks like a fan-made VP project, to be honest.

Put it this way, I don't think Zen have anything to worry about.

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
I still don't see how "Ghostbusters isn't aimed at us so we shouldn't complain", it's by the same guys and it's a pinball game and they surely don't want to annoy hardcore pinball fans by pretending they don't exist.

The pricing model is a joke, but makes me think that they can't sell a game with the Ghostbusters theme because it'd affect sales of the song on its own.

Which gives me a bad feeling about other tables with liscenced music that we'd be able to 'rent' instead of buying (The Getaway, Red and Ted etc.)

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
Is it up to a maximum number? Or do tokens time out?
That remains to be seen. If there's no maximum limit nor expiring tokens, I can see getting to the point (especially for TPA players who have plenty of other tables to play) where you'd eventually have more tokens than you'd ever need, especially if you don't play the table very often. So an option to purchase the table outright would be kinda pointless. OTOH, if Farsight did offer an option to purchase the table, they may do better by this since they'll at least make $2 or so instead of $0 by someone never having to purchase tokens to play since they've built so many up.

Last edited:

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
Suggest you download it and play it for yourself. Not sure its fair to criticize something when you've not actually played it on your own device.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Suggest you download it and play it for yourself. Not sure its fair to criticize something when you've not actually played it on your own device.

I'm going to do so tonight. I'm just commenting on the look of the table from the video. Kind of like analysing screenshots, I suppose.

Rudy

Sep 13, 2012
Alright, having played it it's actually pretty good.

The main screen is absolutely shocking though, like how could you get something that looks so unprofessional? Big blocky text boxes and the whole clicking around to work out which button to press to actually play the game.

It's a design student's nightmare.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Table sucks too, the right flipper gap is bridged which negates the layout design

Ah I was wondering about that (couldn't remember for sure, haven't played HH since I moved to PS4). The table could certainly use a bit more danger. By midway through my third game I was just batting the ball randomly and wishing it would end...but it wouldn't. It made me keep playing! ;_;

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
I'm sure they'd have liked to have had more time with it. It's not like they were taking high-res pics of a real table. This is basically a Zen-type table build.

I like it. It's all about the theme with this table. If you want a challenging table that looks and plays like the real thing, that's what TPA is for.

If it makes some money and brings people to TPA, mission accomplished.

Rich Lehmann

Aug 26, 2014
I just read the newsletter and realized that TPA app users earn credits twice as fast, not earn twice the number of credits...or maybe it's the same difference.

Not really the same thing, especially if like most games of this nature they require you to log in to get the free token. So the only way to let the tokens stack up is to be checking in every four hours. Then what happens when they add additional tables? Seems like a lot of fuss just to play Haunted House with multiball and without the 3to4 gap.

They are totally diluting their brand. They have differentiated themselves as a real table pinball simulator not virtual pinball and have a $5 price point that people have accepted for 51 tables so far. Altering their strategy and focus resources going toe-to-toe with the already establish Virtual Pinball company Zen Pinball who not only has much deeper pockets and the king of all licensing deals Disney (Starwars/Marvel) is like a first year business school case study in what not to do.

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
Not really the same thing, especially if like most games of this nature they require you to log in to get the free token.
The odd thing is that you are NOT required to log in at all (I never do) to spend tokens or earn tokens back. I mentioned in an earlier post that the system seems to use the UDID (or similar) of your device along with maybe a date stamp from when you purchased the app to get things (the timer and tokens) "moving". You can totally delete the app from the device, then reinstall it and the token timer is not reset nor do you start off with 10 tokens as when you first installed it. Your login is only required to have your scores posted on the leaderboard.

Last edited:

SydyneBall

Jul 18, 2013
Liking the Table.

Pros:
Multiple Ball! - With three levels this can be tough but really adds to the HH underpinning.
Slimer and Stay Puff Bash Toys!
Cool flashers, lights, and graphics. I like the flipper art.

Cons:
Specials earns an extra ball.. was so hoping they would give a free play.

The Tokens are listed as 10 for $0.99. 0.10 Pinball. Haven't seen that forever.. or all day for $1.99

I haven't finish Stay Puff yet, but am #34 with 2,538,310. I've got 3 tokens left.

Overall, I'm enjoying the game and the theme. Congrazt to Farsight!

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
I feel sad that Farsight would pump god knows how many hours into this, rather than fix outstanding issues in TPA and the platforms supported.

+1

There are still so many outstanding bugs and issues, that I would've preferred them to fix all of those, most of all the complete and utter mess that is "Black Knight".

Eaton Beaver

Jan 25, 2014
I just wanted to mention this Ghostbusters table is a real life pinball table to everyone. Here is the Youtube of the actual Ghostbusters pinball table:

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I just wanted to mention this Ghostbusters table is a real life pinball table to everyone. Here is the Youtube of the actual Ghostbusters pinball table:

A. I like the sound bites on this real life table better.
B. I also like the choice of music better.
C. I like the Flash Gordon table more than HH anyways.

Eaton Beaver

Jan 25, 2014
It is pretty amazing how talented fans of pinball are to create custom tables. I saw pictures of a Slayer table being built on Pinside last night and it looked great. I also looked at a virtual pinball table video today and was blown away by the selection of tables and how great they looked!

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
Sadly I don't own a mobile "device." If it comes to Ouya, I'll download it as part of my collection. I'm not going to spend a dime on tokens though. If people buy tokens, it sends Farsight a message that this type of pricing scheme is acceptable.:confused:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.